Azrayne's drug geek thread

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Nope. Very anti-drug and anti-marijuana, which all the stoners here claim "isn't a drug". Alcohol is my only jam.
That's cool. Is it the intent, effects or the drugs themselves that you're against? I think we're on the same page. Just curious as to your reasoning.

• 1Bullshit
Reactions: 1 user

trex

Queen Bee
That's cool. Is it the intent, effects or the drugs themselves that you're against? I think we're on the same page. Just curious as to your reasoning.

All of the above. It's a life ruiner. My brother was hella smart and got into architecture school (UO) straight out of high school. Did that 2 years while experimenting with pretty much every drug except meth. 30 now, hasn't been able to hold a job, tons and tons of debt...it's bad. Smokes pot several times a day. Makes plans to not smoke for this week/month/year and can't do it. I didn't even find out he did drugs till I was a sophomore in highschool and he was a freshman in college. My mind was blown. Then when I told people I didn't know he did drugs (we were in the same "popular" crowd) they would literally laugh. Then I was like, oh well if he does drugs it's no big deal and started doing cocaine myself. In high school. I'm from a super Arayan, rich town and people did that like it was no big deal too. Not something I'm proud of and glad I quit before college. Instead he just did more and more drugs more and more often...

I know quite a few people who "just smoke pot" (whatever that means...like it's no big deal?) and they don't realize that it has taken over their life and they are ambitionless zombies. Then claim it makes them smarter, happier, calmer...whatever. It's a drug.

I'm no saint, I have made terrible decisions with drugs and alcohol, the problem is that people think it's "just pot" or "no big deal". It ruins lives. It's something for kids IMO. When I hear about ADULTS who still smoke weed several times a day, or even everyday, it's hard for me not to be super judgemental and think LOSER.

It's not even a social drug. Gah. Rant over.

Tl;dr Pot sucks and is a big deal.

• 2Like
  • 1Haram
Reactions: 2 users

trex

Queen Bee
Some of the most successful people I know smoke weed.

That is a retarded excuse. That is like saying Steve Jobs dropped out of college and he created Apple. Like shut up. Some of the most "successful" people I know have been divorced 4 times. Define success.

• 1Bullshit

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
That is a retarded excuse. That is like saying Steve Jobs dropped out of college and he created Apple. Like shut up. Some of the most "successful" people I know have been divorced 4 times. Define success.

It's okay for you to say that you don't like weed because of how many unsuccessful people you know that smoke it, but not okay for me to point out how many successful people I know that smoke? Ooooookay.

• 1Rustled

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
I know people that have ruined years of their life with pot, but I also know a lot of people that use it regularly with seemingly no drawbacks. Some seem to be able to handle it and still lead normal adult lives, others not so much.
I personally use a synthetic form of mushrooms once or twice a month. It's cheap and legal where I live, and makes what would be a normal evening into a memorable one.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Thank you for sharing, trex. I'm sorry about your brother, difficult ship to turn around. Hard to say why people keep experimenting, self medicating, and others not. I was never fond of weed either. Several friends who went down that road and never climbed back. Not sure if it's because of weed or if they simply chose to self medicate underlying condition. Others I know become super productive smoking, energetic. Works exactly the opposite for myself, hence my lack of fascination. I'm possitive it has to do with receptor differences and dosage. Thus I don't tend to think of people as losers if they smoke. I can see why having it correlate with something bad happening to loved ones would. Maybe working on coping strategies is key here.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I know people that have ruined years of their life with pot, but I also know a lot of people that use it regularly with seemingly no drawbacks. Some seem to be able to handle it and still lead normal adult lives, others not so much.
I personally use a synthetic form of mushrooms once or twice a month. It's cheap and legal where I live, and makes what would be a normal evening into a memorable one.
I didn't know they had synthetic mushrooms in Qeynos!

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

4-AcO-DMT?

Gamma Rays

Large sized member

I know people who fall into both categories too. Making it kinda like with alcohol, majority of people are able to use it fine, with no ill effects on their day to day lives. Yet for some it can ruin everything.

• 1Solidarity

trex

Queen Bee
It's okay for you to say that you don't like weed because of how many unsuccessful people you know that smoke it, but not okay for me to point out how many successful people I know that smoke? Ooooookay.

Youre right. Sorry my dude. It's just that age old excuse...

I know people who fall into both categories too. Making it kinda like with alcohol, majority of people are able to use it fine, with no ill effects on their day to day lives. Yet for some it can ruin everything.

Confirmed.

• 1Like

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Nope. Very anti-drug and anti-marijuana, which all the stoners here claim "isn't a drug". Alcohol is my only jam.

Alcohol is an incredibly addictive drug that has destroyed more lives and will destroy more lives than marijuana ever will; it just happens to be legal. So it seems to me like you are more anti- breaking the law than you are anti-drug. But if you tell people you don't use recreational drugs, you're lying.

• 1Solidarity

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Presuming you had a pure supply and safetely injected, heroin is a much safer drug than alcohol in terms of addiction. Alcoholism can damage a plethora of organs, and lead to a pretty brutal premature death. Pure heroin on the other hand causes no damage to organs and long term addiction shows no noticeable decline in life expectancy.

It's a great example of how fucked the drug war is. Something highly damaging and addictive is perfectly legal while prohibition makes something that's actually safer into one of the most dangerous street drugs.

• 3Bullshit
Reactions: 2 users

trex

Queen Bee
While I'm not going to debate that alcohol is not an equal devil, saying heroin is safer is probably the craziest thing I've ever heard. Or troll? The ratio of people who use the drug to people who are addicted to drug would show an incredible difference. Plus the withdrawals from heroin will kill you a lot quicker...Again, not saying the alcohol is better. I'm sure my life would be better sans alcohol, but you know. Everyone has their vice.

Btw, the war on drugs is about a lot more than just what drug does the most damage to which organ.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
While I'm not going to debate that alcohol is not an equal devil, saying heroin is safer is probably the craziest thing I've ever heard. Or troll? The ratio of people who use the drug to people who are addicted to drug would show an incredible difference. Plus the withdrawals from heroin will kill you a lot quicker...Again, not saying the alcohol is better. I'm sure my life would be better sans alcohol, but you know. Everyone has their vice.

Btw, the war on drugs is about a lot more than just what drug does the most damage to which organ.

I specifically said that its better from a toxicology stand point to be addicted to heroin presuming it's a clean source than it is to alcohol. The majority of the damage that heroin causes is because of the tampering of the product and the inconsistent doses.

The addiction rate for alcohol is 15% while heroin's is around 23%. In both cases the vast majority are using both substances without abusing it. The withdrawal from alcohol can directly kill people while a heroin withdrawal despite what you've seen in movies isn't much worse than a bad flu. Most people coming off heroin can't handle all the emotions flooding back and turn back to the drug to get relief. I'm sure a lot of those people were emotionally damaged before their addiction, but the terrible street life they endure due to prohibition is major contributer to their continued addiction.

That street life in itself can become addicting especially for men. It's exciting to be robbing and doing dangerous/crazy things to feed your habit. There has been a few instances where the heroin being sold on the street in vancouver was testing at 0% for months on end. Most people kept doing what they were doing, stealing to shoot up despite the fact that nobody was getting high and everyone had gone through withdrawl.

Addiction is a weird beast, and the drug war has done a great job of spreading misinformation on its causes.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Like
  • 1Bullshit
Reactions: 3 users

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm 32. I'm an RN. I help people stay alive every day I'm at work. I have wonderful relationships with my wife, friends, and family. I pay my bills and taxes on time and my credit is pristine. I've been smoking pot daily, more or less, for the past 15 years. Am I a loser, Trex? Just wondering.

• 1Rustled