B / low budget movies that should have a modern remake.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Krull was neither low budget nor a B film, ffs the director also directed the friends of eddie coyle and had a budget near 50 million in 1980s dollars.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

I have a copy of Deathstalker 3 on my pc and it is apparently the only Deathstalker movie that doesn't use footage from the first. (I googled it)

I know Wizards of the Lost Kingdom 1 and 2 did, probably a few other Corman Swords and Sorcery movies.

I would like to watch the uncut version of Deathstalker 3 - as I can't find anything but the cut version mst3k used and we'll... mst3k one :)

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Krull was neither low budget nor a B film, ffs the director also directed the friends of eddie coyle and had a budget near 50 million in 1980s dollars.

Scored by James Horner, filmed in the Italian alps using custom cameras, not exactly a low budget production.

tmg-gift_guide_default.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Being ridiculously overbudget due to sloppy production doesn't make it not a B movie. I watched it the year it came out, and it's always been one of my all time favorite movies (I still want a Glaive for Xmas), but trust me, it's a B movie.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Being ridiculously overbudget due to sloppy production doesn't make it not a B movie. I watched it the year it came out, and it's always been one of my all time favorite movies (I still want a Glaive for Xmas), but trust me, it's a B movie.

The movie has an A budget, A List Director and composer. This movie was intended and made as a A movie not a B movie. The fact it turned out to be a steaming turd due to the pitiful script does not make it a B movie.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The movie has an A budget, A List Director and composer. This movie was intended and made as a A movie not a B movie. The fact it turned out to be a steaming turd due to the pitiful script does not make it a B movie.

"Krull went through a very expensive, harsh and dangerous production process. The film's huge budget mainly came from the designers having to make numerous alterations to the sets."

They spent an A budget making a B movie.

• 1EyeRoll

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I actually breathed a sigh of relief when they said The Rock was not playing Jack Burton.

I don’t have a problem with remakes and reimaginings, I just ave a problem with the fact that 9/10 times they have no clue what the made the original good in the first place. Robocop and Ghostbusters : Answer the Call being two easy examples.

Wouldn’t mind seeing a drugged out reimagining of Johnny Nmemonic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
So Goatface, I read through the image of the article you'd posted, then I saw your signature at the bottom.

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

Thought it was apt.

Sterling

El Presidente
140651-338

611keNtra3L._AC_UL600_SR516,600_.jpg

Classofnukemhigh.jpg

Was considering Surf Nazis Must Die, but they really shouldn't ruin such an amazing piece of cinema.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
oMFvCnoeHJTUPTfDWmIxdHzKeap.jpg

Title: Deathstalker

Tagline: Journey to an age of awesome magic.

Genre: Action, Fantasy

Director: James Sbardellati

Cast: Rick Hill, Barbi Benton, Richard Brooker, Lana Clarkson, Victor Bo, Bernard Erhard, Augusto Larreta, Verónica Llinás, Marcos Woinsky, Adrián De Piero, Jorge Sorvik, Boy Olmi, Horacio Marassi, Patrick Duggan, Maria Fournery, Gabriela Rubinstein, Sebastián Larreta, Amalia Marty, Claudio Petty, Rudy Kumze

Release: 1983-09-02

Runtime: 80

Plot: The warrior Deathstalker is tasked by an old witch lady to obtain and unite the three powers of creation - a chalice, an amulet, and a sword - lest the evil magician Munkar get them and use them for nefarious purposes. After obtaining the sword, Deathstalker joins with other travelers going to the Big Tournament to determine the strongest warrior. The false king holds the true princess in captivity, and plots to have Deathstalker killed, and Deathstalker must fight to free the princess.

Barbi Benton...my teenage crush.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Remo Williams is not remakeable anymore. you cant use a little asian man stereotype in current year and especially a non asian man playing the role. plus the Statue of Liberty is still chilling out from her last makeover from 1985. probably wont be a new remodel because the statue will be sold for copper scraps by Deblasio in 2021.