B / low budget movies that should have a modern remake.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was a live action movie from the early 80’s that I liked better than Krull, but I can’t remember the name. I think the name was Dragon Lance, but I keep getting a result of either D&D stuff or the 80’s cartoon. It was a pheasant kid that ends up forging a lance and killing a dragon and it’s babies. From what I remember, it didn’t seem low budget (the dragons looked pretty awesome), but I could be wrong. I think it deserves to be in here as well.
Dragonslayer (1981) - IMDb

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

Man, I watched that movie so often as I kid, it was one of my favorite. Tanya Roberts was so hot, especially in her full frontal nudity part in the PG Sheena(the movie sucked but that scene was legend when you're 15 in the 80's). :)

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would love to see a bunch of the Roger Coreman movies get remade with him picking the directors and overseeing things, at least the ones with better core stories. Battle Beyond the Stars remains one of my favorite low budget movies of all time and basically launched Cameron's entire career, as one major example. I would not mind seeing some older classics that did not age well get redone, as this has occasionally worked well (e.g. True Grit) and I was really looking forward to that Last Dragon remake with Samuel L that never made it out of development hell. Mostly I think remakes might work with certain science fiction movies that have not aged particularly well, like Logans Run, Night of the Comet, or A Boy and His Dog.

Most of these movies should be left alone, however. You just cannot capture the art and feel without either cheesing it up, politicizing it, or over CGIing it. Or worse you get a mediocre movie that would have been ok netflix fodder, but instead makes you like the original less for trying to cash in on it (aka Robocop and Land of the Lost).

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
A disney remake of the starwars holiday special

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Never saw TLJ, but if that throne room battle was indicative, I made the right choice holding out. Christ what putrid choreography. Was that an early, rough cut?

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Back when Disney had nudiy, and rated PG!

Dragonslayer is a great movie all around - you think someone is going to save the virgin, nope ATE THE FUCK UP watch the dragon babies tear her flesh apart! muhahhahaha

Female pretending to be a boy? how do we break the ruse with our characters? how about some full underwater nudity, that works.

Back when Disney was not pussies they made good movies that spanned the spectrum of film... now cartoons, CGI SJW movies and AVENGERS

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Man, I watched that movie so often as I kid, it was one of my favorite. Tanya Roberts was so hot, especially in her full frontal nudity part in the PG Sheena(the movie sucked but that scene was legend when you're 15 in the 80's). :)

I begged my parents for like a year straight to get a ferret, Never happened. :(

• 1Worf

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Shit, I had to google that. Oooooy.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

Sheena was rated G or PG also, and overall not a bad flick.

Even has dick in it lol

• 1Worf

Goatface

Galaxy of Terror (1981)

a rescue space ship crew meets up with horrors projected by their own imaginations.

-----

Damnation Alley (1977)

In a post-apocalyptic world, a group of survivors travel and find other settlements in huge custom designed all terrain vehicles.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dragonslayer. I really liked that movie as a kid, especially the lottery scene, and of course all the cool dragon stuff.

• 1Like

Goatface

apparently Dragonslayer can't get remade without some major dealings as Disney and Paramount have equal share in it.
imdb says only uncut release was on laser disk, but think can torrent unedited fan cut.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Edit- I enjoyed Cherry 2000 going in a different direction on cheesy B flicks. I wouldn't mind a remake.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Fine

Zardoz (1974) - IMDb<br%20/>g__&fc=1&ft=21

For the titties
ii7pkrW.jpg

Indeed.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Galaxy of Terror (1981)

a rescue space ship crew meets up with horrors projected by their own imaginations.

-----

Damnation Alley (1977)

In a post-apocalyptic world, a group of survivors travel and find other settlements in huge custom designed all terrain vehicles.
i loved that movie, as a kid i wanted a pimp ass truck like that. some years later i was watching headbanger's ball and i saw it again and i was right in the feels.