Baby Driver (2017)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The first half of this movie is fucking stupid. Like really fucking stupid. Baby dancing around like it was a broadway musical was just dumb.

Second half was alright. Some pretty good action.

Dialogue was bad but I guess it's a shootemup action movie so who cares?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
This was good, not great though. Drive was a much better movie and had a better soundtrack and tone to it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
TAI LOPEZ ENDORSED IT, YOU KNOW ITS GOOD.

Can't wait to see this GREAT GREAT MOVIE, and get some KNAW-LEDGE!!!

Anyway, Jamie Foxx's hairline is amazing in this film. When you have millions of dollars, you can apparently buy yourself about 30 years worth of time as far as baldness is concerned.

He ain't the only African brother partaking. Foxx n Lebron probably hit the same doc

lebron.jpg

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Movie was alright. Think I prefer Drive. The dancing shit got on my nerves, real bad. Unless it's some tongue in cheek reference to Spiderman 3. I didn't care for many of the songs. I get it, they're old songs or whatever, but fuck. I listened to the golden oldies age 1-18 because my parents controlled the radio. They could've picked way better songs.

Hopefully the end scene with villain was an homage to MacGruber.

I had a bigger problem with his parents dressed like they were in the 70s for flashback scenes that were in 2001 at the latest.

Movie is more fun than drive. I'd throw it on in the background to watch parts of it. Don't think I would ever watch either from start to finish again.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie could have been so much better if Foxx and Hamm were given more screen time. The opening robbery and chase scene was fucking awesome and I thought I was in for a treat the rest of the way except the next 45 minutes was dancing, autistic baby and a hollywood romance....

Also Spaceys character fell flat to me once he started making threats. They could have went in another direction with him, they tried to redeem him at the end but it felt rushed and kind of unbelievable.

Other than that it was a good film. And yea go google Foxxs hairline it might have been worse than LeBrons.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Movie was OK, easily forgettable.

But, How pedantic are you people they had one 1 minute dance scene in the movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

It wasnt the dancing it was the context in which he was doing it. Baby would qualify as an interesting character and I would click the "Would you like to know more?" button. But they could of sacrificed some of the musical/dancing/romance screentime for him driving a fucking car.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It was terribly choreographed and really out of place.

The entire script is pretty bad actually. None of the characters are very interesting or make much sense. The movie's only saving grace is the car chases. Which is fine when it's just a popcorn flick action movie.

Except this movie tried to be more than just an action movie and suffered for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

There were only two things I didn't like about the movie: 1. the double-180 stunt at the beginning with the WRX had a cut instead of being a single shot, and 2. there should have been a proper chase scene when he was driving the Challenger (which should have actually been a Hellcat if they were going to call the owners "Hellcat Thug #1 and #2" in the credits). It needed one more with a real car and not all the random shitboxes he stole.

Wright's script and the way he put it together with the soundtrack was pure genius.

• 1Solidarity

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
As an editor, this film is absolutely freaking brilliant. They did a lot of things that, from a technical standpoint, are extremely difficult to pull off and for that I enjoyed this movie immensely. If you're not a film buff, you'll probably just enjoy the movie for the action scenes and the awesome soundtrack. Either way, go see it. It's a gem.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I liked it a lot.

I had a bigger problem with his parents dressed like they were in the 70s for flashback scenes that were in 2001 at the latest.

I got a chuckle out of this too. Pretty sure they didn't have iPods in like 1973.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I liked it a lot.

I got a chuckle out of this too. Pretty sure they didn't have iPods in like 1973.

This was kind of weird but I almost wonder if it was supposed to be some strange thematic perspective of his like when he's imagining the girl and the car it's like some 50s shit. Idk, it was odd.

There were only two things I didn't like about the movie: 1. the double-180 stunt at the beginning with the WRX had a cut instead of being a single shot, and 2. there should have been a proper chase scene when he was driving the Challenger (which should have actually been a Hellcat if they were going to call the owners "Hellcat Thug #1 and #2" in the credits). It needed one more with a real car and not all the random shitboxes he stole.

Wright's script and the way he put it together with the soundtrack was pure genius.

Count me in for also being disappointed that the Challenger didn't get any decent use. Isn't the Hellcat just a type of Challenger though? I don't know enough about cars to tell the difference.

Vorph

Hellcat is the 707hp version of the Challenger. The one in the movie was a 485hp SRT 392 model. Still a damned fine car, but if you're going to deus ex machina in one of the fastest production cars ever made, you might as well use the real thing. And then, you know, actually do something with it.

Last edited:

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This movie was fucking great.

Jamie Foxx is pretty awesome in just about everything he does these days.

Fadaar

That guy
This movie was fucking great.

Jamie Foxx is pretty awesome in just about everything he does these days.

I will agree with the caveat that Amazing Spider-Man 2 was garbage, as was his character. Hell everything about that movie sucked ass.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I tried to go tonight. It was in the nice theater with reserved seating. Some (literally) half retarded black girl was in my seat, so I just sat next to her (which happened to be in a handicap seat.) She had her shoes off, and she kept trying to talk to me. I shit you not, in the movie she offered me some of her food. I was distracted from personal life and left right after the second robbery. I felt like the movie was trying way too hard. I'll catch it again when its up on usenet.