Baby Driver (2017)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
As an editor, this film is absolutely freaking brilliant. They did a lot of things that, from a technical standpoint, are extremely difficult to pull off and for that I enjoyed this movie immensely. If you're not a film buff, you'll probably just enjoy the movie for the action scenes and the awesome soundtrack. Either way, go see it. It's a gem.

Maybe if you have to be an editor to appreciate it they didn't do a very good job?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally saw it. And it's pretty good. Don't know why so many people hate foxx's character, i think he nailed the douchebag routine.
The only thing i didn't like was the 3rd act. Was disjointed, it seemed would never end, go to x, go to y.....and it had so many times to end the movie on a high note.
Plus Doc saying "i was in love once"....oh god, why that cheesy cliche? Why not "hey baby, i appreciate you kid. I'll help you this time."

7/10

Last edited:

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was crushing hard on the waitress during this movie.

car chases were good too, music was wicked good 8/10

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
As an editor, this film is absolutely freaking brilliant. They did a lot of things that, from a technical standpoint, are extremely difficult to pull off and for that I enjoyed this movie immensely. If you're not a film buff, you'll probably just enjoy the movie for the action scenes and the awesome soundtrack. Either way, go see it. It's a gem.
I don't even want to know what kind of nightmare this was to assemble in the room. Between the music hits and the pure scripted beats of dialog it must have dragged on and on.

Editors never get the props they deserve.

Also, great fucking movie.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just watched this and enjoyed it a LOT more than I expected to. I thought the name was dumb and generally can't stand Jamie Foxx anymore, and Baby himself didn't inspire me one bit (I actually worried he was going to be autistic or something) but I was pleasantly surprised by the entire thing. Highly recommended, 8/10.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Watched this with my wife last night. We both thought it started out promising and then totally jumped the shark around the half mark. Just a mess of uninteresting characters making totally illogical decisions.

Totally overrated 2/5

Malkav

French Madman
I was kinda on the edge of my seat the whole movie wondering how badly it was gonna end for everyone.

I loved how they used music.

Deborah was hella cute though, that smile.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I saw this last night. I enjoyed it a lot. Simple story, but well told, and excellent acting all around. I love the music and the way it is integrated into the movie. It has good action scenes.

Definitely an entertaining ride.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was kinda on the edge of my seat the whole movie wondering how badly it was gonna end for everyone.

I loved how they used music.

Deborah was hella cute though, that smile.
I really liked the tension with Jamie Foxx, I really HATED his character and when he died it was a relief. That's not shitting on Jamie Foxx, he did a great job and you are supposed to despise him, he died at the right time because I couldn't really take much more of how unpleasant the character was.

The love interest character was in the BBC version of War and Peace and is really cute in that too.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hamm's broad was smokin to me, she needs to be in more movies. Great film as well, enjoyed the thing from start to finish

• 1Solidarity

Malkav

French Madman
I really liked the tension with Jamie Foxx, I really HATED his character and when he died it was a relief. That's not shitting on Jamie Foxx, he did a great job and you are supposed to despise him, he died at the right time because I couldn't really take much more of how unpleasant the character was.

When everything hits the fan because he started shooting during the gun deal and everything afterward, I kept waiting for shit to go down.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hamm's broad was smokin to me, she needs to be in more movies. Great film as well, enjoyed the thing from start to finish

She is smokin hot in the From Dusk till Dawn tv series.

Also, this was a great movie. Shane we had to wait until Sept for it in Hong Kong.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Very Tarantino in that second half, but I'd still say its on the must-watch for the year.

First half was beautiful though.

Sulrn

Deuces
Finally watched this tonight. First 2/3s of the movie was pretty good and flowed well, but everything after the date came off as forced and poorly written to allow for the final heist and the dumpster fire of a Hollywood ending.

If you turn the movie off after Kevin Spacey pays their bill, 7/10 short film.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I know that I'm really late to the party on this, but I finally got around to watching it. I enjoyed the entire thing. Very "fun" movie, and I like how they timed the action to the music. It was done very well. I was not bored at all. I wonder what I should watch next...

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I just watched this, and it was really fun. Didn't really like the ham fisted love story.

• 1Solidarity