Babylon 5

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Oh, and some of the TV-movies were great too.Babylon 5: In the Beginningis a must watch. But only after you've seen the, what? first 3 seasons.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
4... well like midway through 4.
Really? I'm thinking it's best viewed no earlier than "War Without End" -- which is the latter part of season 3.

God, all this talk makes me want to go back and re-watch the series. Unfortunately all the rips are ass quality. I know, I should just buy the DVDs...

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Been a long time since I saw it, but I think my favorite scene of the series was ivonava having sex with that ambassador.

Ivonava basically got all the best lines while she was on the show.
I don't remember that. What ambassador was it?

khorum

Murder Apologist
I'm actually kinda surprised there hasn't been a fan remaster of the show that modernizes its cgi. A couple students with blender could do an episode for their finals and prolly improve on the original shit. There's like whole seasons of fan-sourced trek stuff out there.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
It seems to me the cost of CGI/remastering for Blue (I refuse to call it fucking Blu) Ray would easily be borne by the Scrooge McDuck piles of money they'd rake in. I'd gladly pay $40 or $50 bucks a season for this.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If it really costs 900k an episode as was rumored there is no way this show would sell enough to make money.

khorum

Murder Apologist
That's why I was thinking some kind of fan sourced thing that just redid the cgi like those star trek fan things. Hell at this point u can just boot up an X:3 babylon5 mod, fraps the key cgi scenes and that would prolly be better than the cgi in the first three seasons.

Siliconemelons

How much did those 3-in-1 episodes cost? And who did the CGI? It looked great to me, and the station and many other resources where already made for that- use the same CGI company and just reuse or update the stuff they already made. I never "got" that they stood in starfurys until I watched the Sheridan episode of that- was well done imo.

Okay, the lost tales where not released on blu-ray from what I found- but where in 720p via Netflix for awhile (maybe still there?) and it looked great- I knew I watched it in HD somewhere.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
according to JMS the show made something like 500-600 million in dvd sales.
Thats pretty impressive. It would cost something like 100 million to redo since all the CGI would have to be done from scratch according to what I read. That is if they are able to find all stock in tact which is a serious question. Those sales figures give me hope though.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
B5 still isn't Star Trek, no way they pull those numbers on a rerelease to video.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
probably not, the show has been off the air now for 15 years, almost an entire generation. But who knows neckbeards unite!

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah that's kinda the problem... it's gonna be the 20th anniversary this october and the franchise just doesn't have the fandom that got Trek through a whole generation in the wilderness. By its 20th anniversary Trek had 3 wide-release full feature films, a new series in the works and a fucking space shuttle named after it.