Backrooms (2026)

spronk

FPS noob
25,108
31,816
yeah regular edition out on VOD/torrents, 1h50m. Extended edition is 2h6m, not out yet
 

kroenen

Regimen Morum
8,086
34,566
The Backrooms: Everything Must Go bonus footage, running 15–16 minutes, was shown entirely after the credits.
It was essentially a new episode of Kane Parsons Backrooms YouTube series, and it will be available on his YouTube channel later this week.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

<Rickshaw Potatoes>
<Gold Donor>
12,221
37,018
I didn't hate this, it was okay.
Kind of like a David Lynch film without the charm or pretentiousness.
Well made and acted, but it never really comes together in the end and that kind of left me flat.
6.5/10
 
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Ssraeszha Raider
16,729
16,536
I couldn't do the ending. But I think it's good for what it was supposed to be. Grabs hold of you for the first half of the movie.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bald Brah

Dental Dammer
2,915
3,298
It was weird. Not in a great way. Almost seemed like they were doing a home movie version of the OG halflife. Just without the crowbar and head crabs. Traded the dimensional warped black mesa facility in for some run down shopping mall.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
5,034
3,246
I enjoyed this but felt like it did not live up to the potential. The ending was not bad but as mentioned kinda flat.
It needed some more “dungeon crawler” vibes imo
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

Random Encounter
<WoW Guild Officer>
5,906
13,494
This was alright. It had too much "story" and not enough exploring. The ending was pretty dull.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
6,284
22,660
It was alright. The additional psychology/explanatory part felt kind of out of place with the backrooms, that it somehow is just successively degrading representations of things that have happened somewhere, felt out of place, because that's not really part of backrooms lore as far as I know.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Djay

Trakanon Raider
2,510
585
This is on HBO now. I'm glad I didn't watch it in theaters...it was extremely disappointing. I don't need "everything" to be explained, but the ending just wasn't satisfying. It could have been good...the premise was fine, but the script, dialogue, and lack of ending leave it wanting. Seems like some people enjoyed it...all I can say is that it was better than Supergirl.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
16,568
20,466
The movie feels more like an introduction to a series than a fully contained story. Goes more for being creepy, unsettling, and a fear of "wtf kind of entity is out there doing this?". But the fact that you'll be fine if you just don't go into the backrooms makes the stakes pretty much zero.

Good enough if you can catch it streaming, not worth paying extra for.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user