Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So you will have to wait until release to download the 80 gig install. Hope you have fast internet!

EA is 80 gigs. I'd expect the full release to be bigger. In his last interview Sven didn't say how big it was when asked, he wasn't sure, but it was "big".

They've updated the spec requirement on the steam page to 150 gigs. Think it said 80 before to reflect the EA (it's 79.22 gig)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm surprised Steam doesn't have a system to accommodate Early Access -> Release games that have massive data differences.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I'm surprised Steam doesn't have a system to accommodate Early Access -> Release games that have massive data differences.
I think the main issue is that people want to keep playing the ea characters up until launch. Closest option that seems to exist is to make current ea a beta branch. But that's still awkward.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
My first playthrough will be a paladin and maybe multi class it too as my PC. Picking up Astarion and change his class to a bard. Gale as a wizard or sorc and keep Shadowheart a cleric.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Them not using Jim Cummings is going to throw me off. He's one of my favorite voice actors and his characters are so iconic and his voice is so identifiable.
I know mercer is a HUGE fan of minsc for the same reason as everyone else, and he's not one of those "Im doing my own thing instead of an impression of such and such." He's genuinely trying to be the most minsc he can from the couple lines I've heard him do.

That being said, I wonder why they didn't go with Jim Cummings?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I know mercer is a HUGE fan of minsc for the same reason as everyone else, and he's not one of those "Im doing my own thing instead of an impression of such and such." He's genuinely trying to be the most minsc he can from the couple lines I've heard him do.

That being said, I wonder why they didn't go with Jim Cummings?
I just did a little digging. Rumor is that he's either too old to do the work (which might require some animation work for whatever reason) or it's because of some martial abuse bullshit and he got #metoo'd by his wife on some allegations that the judge threw out.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I just did a little digging. Rumor is that he's either too old to do the work (which might require some animation work for whatever reason) or it's because of some martial abuse bullshit and he got #metoo'd by his wife on some allegations that the judge threw out.

Can't imagine he's too old to do the work, he's been doing the Minsc voice in all of the animated Star Wars stuff (Hondo) for years. I guess unless he went WAY downhill in the past 5 years.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Can't imagine he's too old to do the work, he's been doing the Minsc voice in all of the animated Star Wars stuff (Hondo) for years. I guess unless he went WAY downhill in the past 5 years.
From some brief interviews he said he was completely cut out of the loop. So who knows. Kinda weird since he's literally the only voice actor most fans care about for BG3. I'm surprised no fans confronted them on it.

I wonder how good elevenlabs' Minsc voice is...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When do they lift their review embargo?
Review copies supposedly didn't go out until Friday the 28th, so I'd expect the embargo to drop on Wed and even then it'll all be "in progress" reviews.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is there an official embargo? I mean people like wolfheart and fextralife have been putting out tons of videos about it and have talked pretty freely about their experience playing the... Post EA/pre release whatever version they played

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there an official embargo? I mean people like wolfheart and fextralife have been putting out tons of videos about it and have talked pretty freely about their experience playing the... Post EA/pre release whatever version they played
It may be different rules for what they showed at the media junket VS. the ability to spend hours and hours on anything while recording it all for the internet.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Actually saw something this morning that review copies didn't actually get green lit until yesterday which leaves next to no time to give a thorough review before launch. Seems like they're polishing into the 11th hour.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I was thinking the same thing, about to try my luck. It's our Friday anyways.
It obviously depends on your boss and their connection to games and sense of humor. My guys are shocked when they mumble about games then I ask what they’re playing and I either know about or have played it and start giving them my opinions on the games and giving them suggestions. It’s funny watching their face when they realize I game.

Anyways, good luck!

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It obviously depends on your boss and their connection to games and sense of humor. My guys are shocked when they mumble about games then I ask what they’re playing and I either know about or have played it and start giving them my opinions on the games and giving them suggestions. It’s funny watching their face when they realize I game.

Anyways, good luck!

YiWjFe4bdm.png

EDIT: Had to remove a name.

• 4Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 7 users