Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yep.

I didn't read anything about anything really and just picked iksar berserker. The silver skin looked the coolest and reflects light, which gives a fun effect. I went from being apprehensive about the character models from the screenshots I've seen to thinking my guy is one of the coolest looking characters I've ever had.

View attachment 485304

I'm walking around like Colossus.

View attachment 485306
Blaming Spider-Man GIF
Bro you copying me!?!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Buncha gays in this thread fucking bears and I'm just out here waiting for Armored Core 6.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Played bard for 4 hours until level 3. Realized a trait was useless, restarted, 2 hours later level 3 again.... And.... Restarted again this time as wild mage sorc.

undecided.gif

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Any advice for playing a high elf rogue? Last time I tried a rogue in a D&D ruleset game it didn't go very well, felt like my combat was gimped constantly.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
We're you able to get spiritual weapons as a tempest cleric? I am trying tempest too but don't have a choice of adding spiritual weapon spell. I just assumed it wasnt allowed for this subclass.
Yup you sure can.

Attachments

• tempest.png
    tempest.png
    938.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Talos

Played bard for 4 hours until level 3. Realized a trait was useless, restarted, 2 hours later level 3 again.... And.... Restarted again this time as wild mage sorc.

View attachment 485330
I also restarted. The half-elf gloomstalker murderhoboing the gays sounded good on paper, but I couldn't get into it.

Now going with a half-orc college of swords bard with urchin background. That's the closest I could get to the drunken master with a sailor background I play in my friend's campaign.

Goonsquad Officer
i never played boulder's gate 1 or 2. but folk are saying this is solid. i may check it out. is there a necromancer? or a death/necromantic cleric? can you multiclass? are all teh women looking like brutish man things? do all dwarves have skin aids?

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Well already freaking started over. Probably no good reason to but thought nope...1st play through I want 100% to be evil and play the part. Wanted to go evil paladin but what little reading I did sounds like vegence isn't "evil" just follows a very kill all the bad people instead of forgiving theme. So i assume I would still become an oath breaker eventually if I am really going out of my way to be a bad bad man?

So...just restarted as a Drow Rogue worshipping Lotilith or whatever. Figured stealing shit and being a dark god worshiping dark elf should align with the premise of my play though? Assuming that will get along well with the green fighter you get early on right? She seemed pretty "practicial" and cunty. Was thinking a beserker as a 3rd eventually so lots of melee engagement then rogue to stab stab from the back? You can do merc's right so i can get a non-orgin story evil cleric since from what little I played on 1st attempt it seemed like shadowheart was pretty "sensitive".

Is there any advantages to oath breaker? Just glancing at a few things it sounded like you lose your special divine skill or whatever so is there an equal trade off or are you slightly more gimped if you don't follow your oath. Also why no oath options to actual be full out evil vs. merciless.
alignment plays an extremely small part of dnd 5e, basically just for the rp'ers who like it. any of the paladin oaths can be played as evil, though my favorite for "ruthless" paladin isn't in the game, oath of conquest. oath of conquest is basically tailor made to let you play as darth vader.

but of the 3 that are in the game, oath of protection is really the only one that is for "good" paladins. oath of ancients defends nature at any cost and has no problem murdering anyone who endangers the wild. oath of vengeance is also easily adapted to an evil playstyle but also works totally fine with a good playthrough. oathbreakers lose their previous oath's channel divinity but gain a new one. i don't know exactly what bg3 does with oathbreakers, but in tabletop they get some cool undead controlling stuff. Paladin: Oathbreaker - DND 5th Edition look at that for the pen and paper version

j00t

Grabbit Allworth Grabbit Allworth talked about them rewarding you for playing "on-brand". Can I play as a racist in this?
depending on the race you chose, yeah sort of. certain races are relatively new to the baldur's gate area, so they don't get treated very well. everyone hates drow and duergar, people are generally pretty wary around dragonborn and half orcs, and people tend to be pretty upfront about what they think about tieflings. though, so far the tieflings are the only ones i've seen dialogue choices for (for and against)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
depending on the race you chose, yeah sort of. certain races are relatively new to the baldur's gate area, so they don't get treated very well. everyone hates drow and duergar, people are generally pretty wary around dragonborn and half orcs, and people tend to be pretty upfront about what they think about tieflings. though, so far the tieflings are the only ones i've seen dialogue choices for (for and against)
Can I literally just kill anything that isn't a white human?

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hag spoilers:

What outcomes have you nerds come up with? I messed around with it a few times and finally just chased her all the way down in to her lair and fought her there. I let her go and she gave me a +1 stat piece of her hair lol.

Her fight is pretty hard if you don't have the right tools though:

If she turns invis you can break it with any kind of AE - alchemists fire, faerie fire, even just cleaving where you think she is.

Her clones all cast hold person so you need to break them all if she makes them - magic missile can do it all in one cast. Otherwise having minions can help a lot.

Fight is a complete joke if you land silence on her early enough.

The burning cage you can just put out with water flasks or create water.

At the end of it all i reanimated the stupid broads dead husband in to a zombie and gave her the wand to shamble off with him for the rest of her life lol

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hag spoilers:

What outcomes have you nerds come up with? I messed around with it a few times and finally just chased her all the way down in to her lair and fought her there. I let her go and she gave me a +1 stat piece of her hair lol.

Her fight is pretty hard if you don't have the right tools though:

If she turns invis you can break it with any kind of AE - alchemists fire, faerie fire, even just cleaving where you think she is.

Her clones all cast hold person so you need to break them all if she makes them - magic missile can do it all in one cast. Otherwise having minions can help a lot.

Fight is a complete joke if you land silence on her early enough.

The burning cage you can just put out with water flasks or create water.

At the end of it all i reanimated the stupid broads dead husband in to a zombie and gave her the wand to shamble off with him for the rest of her life lol
killed her after she removed an eye for no reason, reanimated the husband and kept the wand, he can be summoned for fodder at any time which is nice.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Good lord...

I interrupted a male orc fucking a fat ass female ogre. I then pissed them off by accident and had to kill them. lol

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Getting pretty salty about how using dialogue/skill checks to avoid combat encounters is basically just costing you XP/items.

• 2Like