Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting pretty salty about how using dialogue/skill checks to avoid combat encounters is basically just costing you XP/items.
This is why most games opt for xp on conversation wins. It's weird they don't do it here but I kinda see a reason behind it. Conversation as a vehicle to push certain plot points, reveal interesting lore and rp your character should be rewaard enough. Should...

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lovin the game so far but man am I getting a bunch of crashes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yeah a few hangups for me on PC as well where stuff just gets bugged and i cant do anything

playing 70% on controller and runs fine, switch to kbm for a few sessions and its definitely faster but harder on the hands/wrists.

its so jarring going from ff16 to this though, that was like babys first RPG on a console and this is just "dad throws you in the pool, learn to swim". I always, always feel like I made a bad decision and should reload a save but i'm trying to power through without save scumming. i'm 8 hours in though and barely getting anywhere in the game lol

running on my 3080ti pc and works great, might copy it over to my steam deck next week and try it out on the go a bit. people saying it runs pretty well on deck, I know the game controls more or less fine with controller so thats not an issue.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I save scum quite a bit, so I can only talk shit so much. But it sounds like some of you arent just defeating the dice, but changing your mind on the decision you made entirely. Which is kind of.. well.. defeating the purpose of it. Almost like you're using a game genie to see all options just so you can see which option makes you the happiest. Treat it like a morals check every time and it'll be a thousand times more frustrating/gratifying.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
22 hours in, finally to Act II

Lost the Gith chick because I wouldn’t help her dumb god. She turned on my ass so I had to clear the entire Crèch.. Karlach is bae so idc

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Movement and camera control is just so much better on Steam Deck/Controller but for everything else I'd want my keyboard/mouse.

It's definitely a bit hard to sift through the tiny ass inventory on a small screen though. (also playing on a 34 UW with a 3090)

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Welp, got to level 4 before needing to camp for the second time, but Asterion didn't seem to enjoy himself:

Untitled1.png

Untitled.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The forge
found it before heading to what I assume is chapter 2 but no adamantine to be found yet. Hoping I just didn't miss something like the insane path to the forge.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The forge
found it before heading to what I assume is chapter 2 but no adamantine to be found yet. Hoping I just didn't miss something like the insane path to the forge.
there are several mithril nodes around the forge that you use to create armor and weapons from the moulds you pick up

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I save scum quite a bit, so I can only talk shit so much. But it sounds like some of you arent just defeating the dice, but changing your mind on the decision you made entirely. Which is kind of.. well.. defeating the purpose of it. Almost like you're using a game genie to see all options just so you can see which option makes you the happiest. Treat it like a morals check every time and it'll be a thousand times more frustrating/gratifying.
yeah, it's one thing to save scum on something like pathfinder where a failed encounter can basically just mean game over, but bg3 is designed from the ground up to run just like a table top game. you don't pass or fail encounters, you make decisions and go where that leads you. i was watching a stream while i was waiting for a download and the streamer chick somehow (i have no idea how, i turned it on mid-combat) started a fight with wyll and those kids without even talking to wyll. she went all the way through the combat and then went through this panic about not feeling good about what she did and was like, omg chat, what should i do? should i just reload?

no. you made your choice now live with it. i am genuinely interested in how the story would unfold with you just mercing wyll and a bunch of kids right in their sanctuary

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The forge

Go through the spider cavern like I did when i found it? Could kill those spiders but that matriarch owned me. I didn't see any ore, but I didn't look too hard either, so maybe ill go back when I can do matriarch

I think I am under leveled, or just being new to these types of games. Was able to do the drow golbin leader, but man tried to do the big guy in the middle and he just raped my entire party. Then noticed he was level 5 and I was still only 3. And I have been trying to fight as much as I can, but a fight might give me 20-30exp when I need a thousand to level iirc. Might just go save the druid before trying again, since killing the drow made me KoS to the place, instead of being able to walk around.

Did get to kill an owlbear that gave me an egg worth 750 currency.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just realized you can filter the inventory by clicking on the search bar. This whole time I thought they failed to implement some sort of organizing system like they had in their previous games.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Some of the character dialogue is wonderful.

Attachments

• bge_1.png
    bge_1.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah, it's one thing to save scum on something like pathfinder where a failed encounter can basically just mean game over, but bg3 is designed from the ground up to run just like a table top game. you don't pass or fail encounters, you make decisions and go where that leads you. i was watching a stream while i was waiting for a download and the streamer chick somehow (i have no idea how, i turned it on mid-combat) started a fight with wyll and those kids without even talking to wyll. she went all the way through the combat and then went through this panic about not feeling good about what she did and was like, omg chat, what should i do? should i just reload?

no. you made your choice now live with it. i am genuinely interested in how the story would unfold with you just mercing wyll and a bunch of kids right in their sanctuary

The druid sanctuary is kind of buggy. I played through EA several times and twice i did something to make the whole fucking place turn on me. Wasn't at all clear what I did and it didn't seem combat related.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why don't they have the camera with POV on the minimap. Am I just retarded or are is it hard to orient yourself? I tried fixed north and rotating minimap they both just confuse me.

• 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Why don't they have the camera with POV on the minimap. Am I just retarded or are is it hard to orient yourself? I tried fixed north and rotating minimap they both just confuse me.
yes

• 1Truth!

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Rolled a bard but I think I'm done with it and I'm not even out of the tutorial. Normal difficulty and I've almost died twice , with 2 followers. I want to beat on people not play a lute. Think I'll try a fallen pally next. I like the idea of a pally but hated having to play as good. Sounds like alignments are a thing of the past now.