Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah in the late 90's when it came out. The real pool of radiance came out around 86.

My dad and I played the shit out of that on the Commodore 64. It had like 8 disks and you spent soooo much time loading. Once they rereleased it we got it and getting to areas that took us days of playing only took like three hours we were like wtf!

On the c64 version we had a bug or something and couldn’t get past a certain point way near the end of the game, we still haven’t beat it even though we’ve played it on emu’s ever since. My dad was playing through it a couple months ago, he said it’s one thing he wants to complete before he dies lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
My dad and I played the shit out of that on the Commodore 64. It had like 8 disks and you spent soooo much time loading. Once they rereleased it we got it and getting to areas that took us days of playing only took like three hours we were like wtf!

On the c64 version we had a bug or something and couldn’t get past a certain point way near the end of the game, we still haven’t beat it even though we’ve played it on emu’s ever since. My dad was playing through it a couple months ago, he said it’s one thing he wants to complete before he dies lol
My brother and I played through the whole gold box series as kids. Man you could pull some shenanigans in some of those games. Dragonlance kinder ranger/thief backstabbing at range with hoopaks, rampant item dupeing ect.

My favorite hard mode play through was secret of the silver blades. For some reason in the version we had saving throws did not work, ever, for either side. It became a race to see who got hold persons and slay livings off before their clerics did the same lol.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Screenshots leak:

Looks very much like Divinity 2 graphics wise, seems like RTwP seeing as there's the little hourglass icon thing to pause I'd assume in the middle of the UI, but there might also be a turn based mode based on one of the shots.

• 10Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Looks almost certainly to be turn based from that combat image. Sounds good to me.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, looks like a BG game in some form of the Divinty engine. Good for me, as I love initiative-turn based RPGs, but you know some of the BG purists will be pissed. I was never a big fan of the combat mechanics in the Infinity engine. Well.. they worked well for trivial encounters, just hack and slash and be done, but for harder encounters I prefer turn based.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't really complain about anything in those screenshots, the art style is slightly different than first 2 games but that was to be expected.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks great, as long as it doesn't come out a month before or after cyberpunk I'll be happy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Feels more like dragon age tham divinity to me, especially those close ups. Hope they keep pause and play combat.

Caliane

Feels more like dragon age tham divinity to me, especially those close ups. Hope they keep pause and play combat.
a good point. portraits, while keeping the overhead view I think would work better for this type of game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
a good point. portraits, while keeping the overhead view I think would work better for this type of game.
Could be optional, in D:OS2 you can do close up dialogues as an option too. Anyway they'll probably talk about a bunch of stuff and then there's the early access to people can complain about whatever and they'll most likely add the options to fix stuff, plus potential modding.

Since it looks like it's built on the D:OS2 engine, there's a lot of stuff they can do.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Is this going to be multiplayer? The thought of playing a BG game with DOS2 multiplayer just got me a little moist.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
What's with the past tense conversation option stuff? That's really weird and hopefully specific to whatever they're showing off, or alpha stuff, or something. That shit would drive me bonkers for an entire game.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Can they PLEASE keep this turn-based faggotry in their stinky, little Divinity corner? This shit does not belong in a Baldurs Gate game.

• 7Dislike
  • 2Picard
  • 2EyeRoll
Reactions: 13 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Looks good to me. I think they could try a little harder to make the art look a bit like Baldur's Gate, but that art style was fairly generic anyway, so that's a bit tough.

Can they PLEASE keep this turn-based faggotry in their stinky, little Divinity corner? This shit does not belong in a Baldurs Gate game.
Any difficult BG combat was effectively turn-based. Real-time combat in BG was basically an illusion or the combat was so easy it was superfluous.

• 11Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I can tolerate both RTWP and Turn Based. But at the moment I prefer turn based.

If you were playing RTWP without pausing constantly to set up spells and stuff you were really putting yourself at a disadvantage. This also made it for easily getting through trash. Which is the real reason I dislike turn based. Even worthless trash packs taking forever is very annoying.

DSII though is pretty intelligently designed so you never really ran into that situation. Nearly every fight was meaningful. Mostly.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
After what they pulled off with the Divinity series, especially DOS2, I welcome them going turn based. DOS2 on tactician was incredibly fun and not something you could do with a rtwp setup, unless you pause all the time which would make it as Tuco said, turn based.

In terms of combat, DOS2 is by far my favourite CRPG. Implement that with the story and lore of a BG game, where the classes, skills and abilities are aquired through a DND ruleset....

tumblr_inline_o6fw4wajnb1rdyfxq_500.gifv

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I will lose my shit if this is an Adversary campaign. Hot damn.