Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Janx

<Silver Donator>
They have a mind flayer as well. The one i really want is a comic con exclusive though, the Gelatinous Cube.
Man that would be awesome. I THINK it was this book was my first introduction to the gelatinous cube (might have been one of the other ones)
1582158439104.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I played the hell out of this series. Please don't suck. That is all I ask for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Going to play BG1 for the first time. Making my own party sounds more fun to me, but should I instead recruit the NPCs so I see all the story content? I guess I should ask instead -- how much am I missing out on if I make my own party?
Just play it, with toons u find, ignore spoils and explore and its awesome

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Specifically there are 7 games in development: Baldur’s Gate 3 and Dark Alliance are the two that have already been announced, but according to Hasbro, we should be seeing at least one new D&D video game every year from now until 2025. And while there was no mention of the newly opened Archetype Entertainment, the WotC owned game studio working on its own sci-fi project, it was revealed that Baldur’s Gate 3 is scheduled for Early Access later this year, so players will be stepping into the world of mind flayers and Minsc a lot sooner than you might have thought.

• 4Like
  • 2Weird Boner
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Early access? Why? Has Larian done the Early Access route with their other games? Why would you early access a game so story heavy?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Early access? Why? Has Larian done the Early Access route with their other games? Why would you early access a game so story heavy?
They did for both divinity original sin. They have limited content(just the first town basically, in the first game iirc it was most of the first town area, for the 2nd it stopped at escaping fort joy I believe) and use that to test combat mechanics, UI ergonomy and multiplayer code(not sure if BG3 will have that but you know). It also guarantees the first area in the game that new players play first is insanely polished, which is good for first impressions/press reviews(for the lazy asses who don't finish the games they review) and stuff.

Personally I skipped both because I don't like replaying an area over and over and I'm already going to be doing that at launch until I figure out my setup and stuff, but it's not new for them and it works well enough I think.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Plus, by the time you get to the second part (after Fort Joy, for instance) you'd be so ridiculously out leveled for the rest of the content. Meh, I'll prolly buy the game as soon as it gets to early access, but that's just to show the developers that I support them. And they actually have a game coming, unlike others I could mention.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Plus, by the time you get to the second part (after Fort Joy, for instance) you'd be so ridiculously out leveled for the rest of the content. Meh, I'll prolly buy the game as soon as it gets to early access, but that's just to show the developers that I support them. And they actually have a game coming, unlike others I could mention.
Not really, there's a finite amount of xp in divinity(and in BG iirc), you can't "grind" because mobs don't respawn, best thing you can do is murder everyone in town, but that's something you can do at any point anyway even after the game releases, and even that doesn't give too much xp because the xp per level scales pretty agressively. And once you play live unless you decide to say escape fort joy without doing any sidequests, you'll probably end up doing the same things anyway, clearing every sidequests, talking to everyone and trying not to miss anything, at least that's how I play. So you'll end up at the same level.

More importantly though I'm 99% sure they wiped characters at launch, so it was a moot point.

The EA for Divinity 2 was mostly good to check out skills and builds before launch, iirc I installed it the day before launch to check out things and try to organize my party build beforehand. The wikis and all that tend to be garbage so checking ingame is a big advantage if you're into preplanning stuff ahead of time like I like doing. I think I didn't even get off the boat, I just tested some mechanics and some skills and see how I should do things.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Larian is a good studio so I trust their decision. I'll be glad to get an early look at how the game "feels" in action

• 2Solidarity

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I'll be playing it even if people think it's shit... which it won't.
Also, I just realized that I haven't played BG2 at least 15 years, and I can only remember a few random locations.

• 2Like