Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Randin

Trakanon Raider
More info on character options, among other things.

It will boast 15 D&D races and eight classes, 4-player online multiplayer, and two-player split screen co-op.

So if that's accurate, we're still missing six races and two classes from the final lineup. For classes, I'm guessing druid, and probably bard will round out the class roster. No clue where six more races come from; gnomes, half-orcs, and dragonborn are obvious, but I've got nothing for the other three...aasimar, maybe?

(on an unrelated note, I now kinda want to slap this writer for their number use; use either words or numerals, don't fucking alternate.)

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
More info on character options, among other things.

So if that's accurate, we're still missing six races and two classes from the final lineup. For classes, I'm guessing druid, and probably bard will round out the class roster. No clue where six more races come from; gnomes, half-orcs, and dragonborn on obvious, but I've got nothing for the other three...aasimar, maybe?

(on an unrelated note, I now kinda want to slap this writer for their number use; use either words or numerals, don't fucking alternate.)

there are 9 classes... so only having 8 seems off, especially given the whole thing at the end of the article...
"Sometimes we think of what needs to be included, and the poor scripter says, 'Only 0.01 percent of people will see this.' And we're like, 'So what?' We need to support it because it's a possibility,"

as far as races go... goliath and aasimar seem on point... but for the rest... i hope they go with some more odd choices like the githyanki... i want to play a giff so bad lol.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I was in the middle ground on TB vs RTWP but after watching this video explaining everything I'm all for TB now. I never played Divinity but apparently individual good guys and bad guys each take a turn but in BG3 all players on one side moves and then the other side moves. I really dont see the issue with it being turned based especially moving all your characters in 1 turn.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
This feel way too similar to Divinity Original Sin, with the same engine and identical UI etc. It lost the original touches of Baldurs Gate.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I guess the poor Andromeda devs found a new job afterall. God I hate every single one of you defending this shit.

• 2Salty
  • 1GreNeg
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was in the middle ground on TB vs RTWP but after watching this video explaining everything I'm all for TB now. I never played Divinity but apparently individual good guys and bad guys each take a turn but in BG3 all players on one side moves and then the other side moves. I really dont see the issue with it being turned based especially moving all your characters in 1 turn.

You RTWP fags need to watch this. The flow of combat is very very different from D:OS2. Constant passive perception checks for stuff makes my dick hard.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
there are 9 classes... so only having 8 seems off, especially given the whole thing at the end of the article...

as far as races go... goliath and aasimar seem on point... but for the rest... i hope they go with some more odd choices like the githyanki... i want to play a giff so bad lol.

Githyanki is in, saw it in ACG's video.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah you can't do a whole Mindflayer based game without Githyanki. Of course I would also say you can't do it without Psion as a class but 5e still hasn't figured out what to do about Psionics. 4e Psionics worked really well, so much so that I kinda wonder if you couldn't just shoehorn the 4e mechanic in and call that Psionics.

• 1Like

Caliane

haha. I love how he had to reply and pin a comment correcting Demon to Devil.. and half the comments are calling him out on it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
haha. I love how he had to reply and pin a comment correcting Demon to Devil.. and half the comments are calling him out on it.

Because this is a mistake no actual fan of DnD would make. Poser piece of shit.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Did anyone think that a new studio was going to completely change how they make games to give us a style that is 20 years old now?

I understand the nostalgia behind wanting the hand painted backgrounds from the old DND games; but Larian did not make those and WOTC is not asking them to do that. They are asking them to take their successful games and put BG3's story into that engine.

I am excited because I played those games for the story and if Larian can be successful in putting all the crazy, weird, and varied side stories while giving us an epic Illithid main story than I will throw money at them until they stop.

So I can be a little disappointed that BG3 isn't going to feel exactly like the old games while still being happy that it is in the hand of a studio that has proven they can at least make a good video game with decent writing.

• 16Like
Reactions: 15 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I just watched the opening cinematic. Mindflayer spelljammer ships, main character possibly infected with illithid larvae, Githyanki raiders on red dragons.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

• 6Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I just watched the opening cinematic. Mindflayer spelljammer ships, main character possibly infected with illithid larvae, Githyanki raiders on red dragons.
Not possibly. Definitively. Although the storyline seem to hint at "abnormal" development of the tadpoles. My biggest hopes are that you can somehow turn your entire party into full-fledged Illithids that have retained their original minds (much to the dismay of our Githyanki heroine).

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

To pause the game and read combat logs. Apparently!

• 7Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users