Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
5e is extremely multi-class friendly, it operates as if you hadn't locked in anything at level 1, and instead is flexible every time you level up. You gain XP, and "buy" a level in whatever you want, basically.

Dual class isn't really a thing anymore though.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Wasn't dual classing vs multi classing mostly a race-specific thing? As in some races do dual, some can multi? Or am I misremembering the - much - older editions.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Wasn't dual classing vs multi classing mostly a race-specific thing? As in some races do dual, some can multi? Or am I misremembering the - much - older editions.
You are correct. Humans could only dual class and it involved restarting into a new class with the old one being locked at its progress whereas non humans could level up up to 3 classes simultaneously

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not sad to see dual classing go. It's kind of a dumb mechanic for computer gaming where you have to carry a character through large parts of the game before they can really fit in.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
YouTube and Twitch links for tomorrow's event. I suggest watching YouTube due to less lag and buffering. Starts 10am Pacific time.

Watch LarianStudios with me on Twitch!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So this is 100% in continuity and in cahoots with the current "Descent into Avernus" storyline in D&D proper. Wizards has done an excellent job of keeping brand continuity across various products.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess they changed the YouTube link from above, here is the new one. It's mostly just talking about the game and D&D, with a few gameplay clips mixed in (dialog scenes). A couple clips are from the goblin camp, that they showed before (with a bit different outcome).

Edit: With it over, these are the new bits of footage (dialog scenes) that I saw:
Mindflayer gruesomeness @ 56:04​
Very short bit of Animal Handling of an Owlbear @ 1:29:11​
Very short "speak with the dead" spell @ 1:33:38​

Sept.30 new EA date

Last edited:

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Nice to see that Larian is continuing their philosophy trying to make sure that anything you could conceivably talk to can in fact be talked to. And with that, we're also seeing that magic users will have a wider utility than just attack/buff/debuff/healing spells.

• 3Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
System requirements.

system.png

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
how long were original sins game in EA?

D:OS Alpha went into early access around January 14th, 2014 and was fully released on June 30th, 2014.

D:OS 2 Alpha went into early access on September 15th, 2016 and was fully released on September 14th, 2017.

From the parts of the video I caught, the game is still deep in Alpha. So my off the wall guess would be that it wont be any shorter than the D:OS 1 EA time frame of 6 months.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Right from the steam page: " We anticipate Baldur’s Gate 3 being in Early Access for at least one year but we’ll have to see how it goes. It’ll be ready when it’s ready.” "

• 4Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Panel from Hell

Swen interview on Dropped Frames

Not much gameplay footage, but lots of Swen nerding out about the game giving little snippets of new info here and there (like there currently being 48000 lines of recorded dialogue in the EA part of BG3, for reference, there were 80000 in the full game of Divinity Original Sin 2).

Can with certainty say I won't be able to wait until full release and will get the EA version.

• 3Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Exact time when early access will be available on the 30th. 10am PST. Twitch integration and many questions answered.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user