Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I was thinking the same thing, seems like I checked it yesterday and it said 10. I'm nervous about that now because that new world game said win 10 and actually meant it. It did run but would crash like crazy.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
do I really have to fucking upgrade to win10? It seems all the games now are win10 minimum. That sucks balls. I haven't done a clean os install since 2011.
Wearing my CISO hat: if you are still on Windows 7, you have your dick hanging out in the open for all malware to use. If you are on Windows 8.1, you're a masochist.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Win10 was probably the least painful OS upgrade I've ever done. None of that wiping a drive and installing it shit like the past 20 years had it. Didn't even have to reinstall most things.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Win 10 switch was definitely good, but after all the horror stories I made sure to grab the pro version. Don't know how much it helps but honestly it doesn't do all the stupid stuff I heard win10 was bad for, for the most part. I had to turn off cortana bullshit somewhere(googled it) and updates still have popups if I let them go too long(I think 90days after or something, which is fine, at that point I know I can generally patch without issues so I just do). Besides that and maybe getting used to some of the UI changes it was smooth and it launches way faster than win7 so that's nice. I only switched like 2 or 3 years ago or whatever since I didn't like the idea but there was a bunch of shit not running in 7 anymore.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Agree that going from 7 to 10 was the best upgrade experience I’ve had with Windows. I waited the entire year until the last week of the free upgrade period because I was dreading it. Did the upgrade and was like wtf? It didn’t break or mess anything up. Pleasantly surprised when your expectations are rock bottom.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Really not feeling the early access which sucks cause I was really looking forward to this. I didn't even know about the level 4 level cap until a few minutes ago.

I wish they'd just have a closed or limited beta for it instead. -sigh-

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Starting to think that the planned EA release date of Oct 6 isn't going as planned

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Was supposed to be at 10am pst. So it’s nothing crazy yet in terms of that.

Oh, I didn't see it was 10am PST which isn't for another hour. I figured it would have been available when I got up this morning

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Hmmm... apparently there is a Twitch extension for this game both allowing you to view the characters but also vote on dialog options. I can foresee some hilarious shit coming out of the second.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Really not feeling the early access which sucks cause I was really looking forward to this. I didn't even know about the level 4 level cap until a few minutes ago.

I wish they'd just have a closed or limited beta for it instead. -sigh-
Just wait. The full game will be nice, the early access can’t really be anything other than a disappointment and it’s going to change a lot from now until release. You don’t want to give yourself a bad first impression of something you are looking forward to so much.

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Just wait. The full game will be nice, the early access can’t really be anything other than a disappointment and it’s going to change a lot from now until release. You don’t want to give yourself a bad first impression of something you are looking forward to so much.

You’re probably right. Waiting another year though is such a disappointment for me, probably my largest gaming disappointment in recent memory.

Also, it just went live in Steam for those waiting.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i read, i think, about half of that article. his arguments seem to be personal taste (not wanting to fight illithids) and simply not understanding the ruleset of 5th edition but blaming that on bg3 itself

Witless

Trakanon Raider
Fextralife is streaming this on Twitch now. At least the cutscenes look nice!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user