Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
AFAIK, it's always been $59.99 since they didn't do Kickstarter with this game, unlike DoS 1/2, which had the various prices for kickstarter tiers.

Edit: ...or did they kickstart DoS 1, then just discount DoS 2 because they put it in EA, and since DoS 1 was discounted during EA, they did it for DoS 2? Memory is a bit fuzzy because both Pathfinder games had a KS, which I also bought.

2023-07-11 12.19.34 steamdb.info 737122048e80.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You're doing it by posting on these forums, via companies that build parts for your smartphone or PC.
These days its hard to tell WTF is going on, the fact of the matter is there is only a handfull of companies left that own fucking everything. Like the whole Bud Light thing a few months back. Go look the shit up and that fucking beer comapny owns something like 75% of beer in US, lol. SO if you want to boycott some shit better make sure you actually know WTF yorue boycotting.

• 2Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So can you play early access on ps5 and has anyone done so? Seems that would be ass for control.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So can you play early access on ps5 and has anyone done so? Seems that would be ass for control.

Don't think they've added PS5 version as EA. Controller support won't be in until the final version (they played some sections with a controller on the last panel). If it's anything like DOS2 (which it probably will be), controller will work fine. Running around is actually better on controller than on PC in DOS 1-2, and looting is better too due to them having a loot circle. Holding the loot button expands a circle which lets you loot multiple containers at once. Not sure if that was ever implemented with keyboard and mouse.

Being purely turn based is also a plus, since it doesn't require constant inputs to move in fights.

Possible downsides
- Inventory management (moving stuff around) --- This might be less of a hassle since there is now confirmation that there will be separate bags for different items like camping and alchemy supplies). In DOS2 I always had at least one bag per person for consumables and such which I had on the main "use" bar. Like a bag for arrows for the ranger. Their system works great (assume it does in BG3 too) where if you have something in a bag like 1 poison arrow, and pick another one up with that character or send it to them, it will auto stack in whatever bag you have that item in.
- Crafting (moving stuff around)
- Menus. No hotbuttons, but rather hold a button like L1 to open up a wheel and select Equipment. From there you select individual items.

Going by DOS1 and 2, Larian is quite good at making their games compatible and as natural as possible with a controller. So if PS5 is your only option, it shouldn't really be a problem. PS5 also has split screen coop, not sure if the PC version has that. That's rare to add these days, even on consoles.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
These days its hard to tell WTF is going on, the fact of the matter is there is only a handfull of companies left that own fucking everything. Like the whole Bud Light thing a few months back. Go look the shit up and that fucking beer comapny owns something like 75% of beer in US, lol. SO if you want to boycott some shit better make sure you actually know WTF yorue boycotting.
You'd literally have to stop becoming a consumer of anything to truly "stand against the woke companies". It's a cost/benefit analysis and companies have found out they save/gain more money by changing their avatar on social media every June, releasing some "woke" message, etc. than they do by shutting up or appealing to the "opposition".

Conservitards like to pat themselves on the back and virtue signal about their "boycotts", but then go consume another product made by the same exact company. It feels good and gets you "bonus" likes on your IG, Facebook, etc. circle of 27 friends but it's functionally no different than a libtard who changes their pronouns on Twitter or "STANDS WITH TRANS!" on LinkedIn.

• 3Like
  • 1Moron
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

Don't think they've added PS5 version as EA. Controller support won't be in until the final version (they played some sections with a controller on the last panel). If it's anything like DOS2 (which it probably will be), controller will work fine. Running around is actually better on controller than on PC in DOS 1-2, and looting is better too due to them having a loot circle. Holding the loot button expands a circle which lets you loot multiple containers at once. Not sure if that was ever implemented with keyboard and mouse.

Being purely turn based is also a plus, since it doesn't require constant inputs to move in fights.

Possible downsides
- Inventory management (moving stuff around) --- This might be less of a hassle since there is now confirmation that there will be separate bags for different items like camping and alchemy supplies). In DOS2 I always had at least one bag per person for consumables and such which I had on the main "use" bar. Like a bag for arrows for the ranger. Their system works great (assume it does in BG3 too) where if you have something in a bag like 1 poison arrow, and pick another one up with that character or send it to them, it will auto stack in whatever bag you have that item in.
- Crafting (moving stuff around)
- Menus. No hotbuttons, but rather hold a button like L1 to open up a wheel and select Equipment. From there you select individual items.

Going by DOS1 and 2, Larian is quite good at making their games compatible and as natural as possible with a controller. So if PS5 is your only option, it shouldn't really be a problem. PS5 also has split screen coop, not sure if the PC version has that. That's rare to add these days, even on consoles.
Thanks.

Back to our regularly scheduled bear cock degeneracy bashing

Talos

You'd literally have to stop becoming a consumer of anything to truly "stand against the woke companies". It's a cost/benefit analysis and companies have found out they save/gain more money by changing their avatar on social media every June, releasing some "woke" message, etc. than they do by shutting up or appealing to the "opposition".

Conservitards like to pat themselves on the back and virtue signal about their "boycotts", but then go consume another product made by the same exact company. It feels good and gets you "bonus" likes on your IG, Facebook, etc. circle of 27 friends but it's functionally no different than a libtard who changes their pronouns on Twitter or "STANDS WITH TRANS!" on LinkedIn.
Forget it, Kirun. You're out of your element.

• 1Pants on Fire!

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It's what the cult does. These cockwallets are a one trick pony. Don't agree with their cult ideology? Then you're a homophobe, transphobe, racist, conspiracy theorist, etcetera. It's the same shit they've been regurgitating since 2016.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Apparently I already bought this game.

Steam says I played and bought in October of 2020.

I assume this was on early access at that time and now its going full release.
Lol? I'm in the same boat, just got on steam and says I bought and played 25 minutes October 2020 and I have zero recollection of purchasing this or of firing it up. Downloading now and will play it like it's released for the next few weeks as it appears there's a good amount of content in EA? I'm sure once I boot it up I'll remember but I can't for the life of me recall a single thing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Burns

Lol? I'm in the same boat, just got on steam and says I bought and played 25 minutes October 2020 and I have zero recollection of purchasing this or of firing it up. Downloading now and will play it like it's released for the next few weeks as it appears there's a good amount of content in EA? I'm sure once I boot it up I'll remember but I can't for the life of me recall a single thing.
I would wait. They did not update the EA game with all the release components and there is a bunch of new stuff in chapter 1 (the EA chapter).

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah I remember people doing the early playtests which was just like the first chapter and couldn't imagine blue balling yourself like that for literal years. Not like an FPS where you're basically playing the game just a smaller portion of it for betas and such.

The good news is apparently it worked out because a lot of people forgot they even played it, so it'll all be fresh again! Crazy if that was 2020. Three years used to be a whole games development time + some. Now it seems like it takes that long to polish some of these big games.

• 1Truth!

Burns

Yeah I remember people doing the early playtests which was just like the first chapter and couldn't imagine blue balling yourself like that for literal years. Not like an FPS where you're basically playing the game just a smaller portion of it for betas and such.

The good news is apparently it worked out because a lot of people forgot they even played it, so it'll all be fresh again! Crazy if that was 2020. Three years used to be a whole games development time + some. Now it seems like it takes that long to polish some of these big games.
Since around the time of Dragon Age: Origin (maybe earlier), RPGs have been on the long side of development time. Five years seems to be semi common, but most of the time the projects aren't even announced until internal estimates put it a year or two out from release.

I think the original estimates, when this game went into EA was a 2021 release, but they got a huge flux of cash from EA, which allowed them to feature creep and just keep reiterating the game to adjust to the DnD setting. The main complaint in 2020 being that it felt like DoS 3, not BG 3.

Talos

How long will it take to polish the bear cock before you stick it up your ass?

• 1Worf

Caliane

not really. as sure. I can't cut Amazon web services from my life. my job requires internet. you know what I don't require? bud light. or video games. I CAN choose to not buy from AB inbev. I can choose to not buy games from Tencent. not only are they luxuries in the first place. but, there is also competition.

and even if the boycotts are sporadic, the message is still sent. other companies will know they too are on thin ice.

Theres also a human/pet training psychology thing. if you call your cat, and feed it a treat EVERY time, it will get complacent. it gets the reward every time. it will eventually know it can chill, and it will get the reward the next time. consistency creates a pattern they think they can depend on.

if you want to train a pet, or person to come EVERY time you call them, you give them a reward only sporadically. imagine once a week, you get an ice cream bar for showing up on time in school. but only once a week and you don't know what day it will be.. the risk/reward here is now strongly favoring showing up every day on time. you don't want to go two weeks without that treat.

So no, we don't need to be consistent with the boycotts. we just need sporadic landmines. if they can PREDICT when their will be outrage, then they can avoid it.

Caliane

Since around the time of Dragon Age: Origin (maybe earlier), RPGs have been on the long side of development time. Five years seems to be semi common, but most of the time the projects aren't even announced until internal estimates put it a year or two out from release.

I think the original estimates, when this game went into EA was a 2021 release, but they got a huge flux of cash from EA, which allowed them to feature creep and just keep reiterating the game to adjust to the DnD setting. The main complaint in 2020 being that it felt like DoS 3, not BG 3.
yeah, Larian has a pattern. they've done it since OS.

Kickstart/Early release chapter 1. polish the shit out of chpt1. release the game 1-2years after EA. chpt2-4 are buggy and unfinished. 1 more year of patching. "definitive edition" releases 1 year post release, which is a megapatch finishing the game.

its to the point I really don't recommend playing a Larian game at release.

at $60 I've not bought it yet. if it was $35 in EA, I probably would have. haha.

made me check Rogue trader, its $40 for basic digital edition.. wonder if that will go up. Owlcat is not much better... WoTR is still getting major patches/fixes. (if you go check that thread, you see them complaining about lots of stuff at release, that has since been patched.)

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
not really. as sure. I can't cut Amazon web services from my life. my job requires internet. you know what I don't require? bud light. or video games. I CAN choose to not buy from AB inbev. I can choose to not buy games from Tencent. not only are they luxuries in the first place. but, there is also competition.

and even if the boycotts are sporadic, the message is still sent. other companies will know they too are on thin ice.

Theres also a human/pet training psychology thing. if you call your cat, and feed it a treat EVERY time, it will get complacent. it gets the reward every time. it will eventually know it can chill, and it will get the reward the next time. consistency creates a pattern they think they can depend on.

if you want to train a pet, or person to come EVERY time you call them, you give them a reward only sporadically. imagine once a week, you get an ice cream bar for showing up on time in school. but only once a week and you don't know what day it will be.. the risk/reward here is now strongly favoring showing up every day on time. you don't want to go two weeks without that treat.

So no, we don't need to be consistent with the boycotts. we just need sporadic landmines. if they can PREDICT when their will be outrage, then they can avoid it.
Gamers have been "boycotting" games since Horse Armor first reared its head back in 2006. Paid cosmetics are pretty much non-existent in gaming now.

Keep on fighting "the good fight" and make SURE you let your social media followers know what a good, virtuous boy you've been.

Starship Troopers GIF

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>

so you are a lib trying to get conservatives to not bother with boycots and just unquestioningly keep buying woke products by pretending boycotts don't work and that there's no point in taking a stance against anything. got it.