Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Chris

Potato del Grande
How many hours of gays, trannies and strong women are in those cutscenes?

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I love wrath.. but uh, I'd think that stipulation would disqualify. it does still have the crusade management. it does have lots of prebuffing. lots of talking. its a long campaign.

Well, it was on sale for like 11$ so no big loss if I get annoyed and drop it after a while. Plus, I'm going to try that mod Burns Burns mentioned.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Lvl 3 thief can use improvised weapons as a bonus action, wonder if it carries over and if I can take tavern brawler

Smoke and frag nades or acid flasks would be great

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
For anyone who's kept up to date on this game, what is the latest regarding custom parties. Can I ditch all of the voiced-over precreated characters and just make my own group with custom characters?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
For anyone who's kept up to date on this game, what is the latest regarding custom parties. Can I ditch all of the voiced-over precreated characters and just make my own group with custom characters?
Yes

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, gay romance and sex scene with a bear are in, this is called spectrum right? :)

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If I loved DOS2 but not either of the Baldurs Gate games, would I like this?
If you loved DoS, then yea, probably. The rules are more ridged, but the engine is the same, it has a somewhat similar design philosophy, the "main" set of characters have a very in depth set of quests/reactivity, and (I think) they 100% carried over the reactivity of elements, like fire ignites grease, water puts out fire, electricity conducts though a puddle.

Still, you may want to wait a week and see how it pans out.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
If I loved DOS2 but not either of the Baldurs Gate games, would I like this?

It's basically DOS3 with a Baldurs Gate setting in, as Burns said, a more rigid DnD engine. BG games are great because of the story in them. Mechanically they're not the best (though exceptional when the first released), and CRPGs for a long time went the BG method of active battle with pause. Pillars of Eternity added turn based only as a Kickstarter goal I think, but was never really made for it. Pathfinder 1 added it later too, though it was more developed than in Pillars. Pathfinder 2 had it from the start as an option, but still designed as real time with pause. I love the Pathfinder games (while never having beaten them), but enjoy the combat far more in DOS than Pathfinder / Pillars of Eternity. When doing turn based in those games, it takes too long due to combats being everywhere and "trash" fights that are ment to take 10 seconds end up taking 5+ minutes.

BG3 is like the DOS games, made for turn based and combat designed as such. So, most likely will feature the same as the DOS games, every fight is handcrafted with no random encounters.

BG3 could end up as my all time favorite RPG if they manage to add inn the BG story and overall grand arc of it along with the darker tones + add in the hand crafted turn based combat. I tried BG 3 when it first launched 3 years ago, and it was way too much like a DOS 3. Too bright, bloom everywhere, and didn't feel like BG at all. They've since toned that way down and it looks much better. Combat though, while even better now, is great.

As to liking it, most likely. Combat is designed from a game you love, only more tactical, and story will most likely be much better. Reason I say most likely and not a guarantee is that I don't know how you feel about a lot of talking and story. You spend quite a bit of time talking to people (and animals), and skipping it might be an issue since majority of chats include dice rolls (easily expect 3-4 dice rolls in one chat) which impact resulting story, fights, events and whatnot. And while you can savescum chats to get a result you might want, if you fail on the 4th dice roll, you have to roll each of them again and get all 4 in a row.

Already early on in Act 1 I encountered talks where I went "Wait, what? How did..." only to try later and figure out I had missed some talks who explained things or added chat options. And they said in the panel now they've added 33% more to react to even more things. You talk to random npc04 kid running around which suddenly might give hints to a quest that lead to an area which starts a fight which triggers X, Y, Z event and if you didn't talk to NPC02 kid people die, but talking to an animal before then stops it and rather starts another quest. That's small village stuff. Baldurs Gate is going to be .... I think that might be the "bad" for many. Talking is an actual mechanic of the game.

Edit: Note about talking though. Voice acting is superb.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
See thats where these games lose me. I dont mind story and story building and overall arching story line, I mean its got to be a part of the game, but when they expect me to chat with NPC for 50% of my game time, it gets to be a slog for me and I lose interest pretty quick. Like in the second patfinder especially in the second half of the game, too much of that shit and I lose interest real quick. IMO these games should be like a 80%/20% split of combat to chat/story.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Anyone knows if there are bunch of filler/random encounters like in Pathfinder/BG type of games or is it like DoS with mostly quality encounters?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
And all those faggots clapping and cheering this degeneracy. such a brave game!

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
See thats where these games lose me. I dont mind story and story building and overall arching story line, I mean its got to be a part of the game, but when they expect me to chat with NPC for 50% of my game time, it gets to be a slog for me and I lose interest pretty quick. Like in the second patfinder especially in the second half of the game, too much of that shit and I lose interest real quick. IMO these games should be like a 80%/20% split of combat to chat/story.
So much this. I like great storytelling just as much as the next guy and BG2 is one of my all-time favorites because of it. But having to slog through 80k lines of dialogue for every fucking quest gets tedious REALLY fucking quick and is the exact same reason I started losing interest in Wrath of the Righteous as well. Storytelling is great, but the real masters at their craft know how to do it in a concise format and not constant fucking fluff/filler.
I have no idea how this has anything to do with Dungeons and Dragons

ROFLMAO. This shit reminds me of when I made my character bang the fag elf in Dragon Age 1, simply because of how fucking absurd and retarded it was.

The fat fucking land whales clapping like a bunch of fucking seals really rustles my jimmies though. Fucking overgrown children nowadays, goddamn. I blame Harry Potter for 90% of this shit and 100% amongst women who are "nerds".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

I have no idea how this has anything to do with Dungeons and Dragons

women.

I mean, I assume this is a "bug". druid shapeshifted into a bear, or polymorph. Pathfinder does this too. cutscenes while you are shapeshifted, or polymorphed can get silly. sex scene with a dog, or 30ft giantess via frightful presence, or a horse giving a rousing speech to the crusade.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
women.

I mean, I assume this is a "bug". druid shapeshifted into a bear, or polymorph. Pathfinder does this too. cutscenes while you are shapeshifted, or polymorphed can get silly. sex scene with a dog, or 30ft giantess via frightful presence, or a horse giving a rousing speech to the crusade.
No way it's a bug. Did you see the squirrel's reaction?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Looks like some of that "famous" Larian humor. Supposedly they turned down their humor to be in line with the more serious BG tone, but it's going to poke through here and there. Without the context of the rest of the show, I would give it a 50/50 chance of being in the game as is.

Burns

I guess they felt the women and faggot demo wasn't hyped enough about their game! What an... original... teaser...