Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it's a fucking stupid change, it neuters any impact or importance to the race/bloodline/lineage (whatever the fuck you want to call it that won't trigger your snowflake self) choice.

To pretend that races, especially ones with that much anatomical and biological difference, would not have any differences in their average, minimum, or maximum physical and mental capacities is asinine. Completely counter to reality.
i Get it, but I like the change. Not because I think all races are created equal like some blue haired they/them but because without this change if you want to be the best xxx class you can be min/max, then you are limited to a specific race or you can’t get the bonus and thus weaken your character.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So I saw a video the other day saying the max level is only 12, what sort of BS is that. I was going to play with a couple of buddies and I plan on making a monk but monks don't get better till further on.

I guess it's because of expansion stuff in the future? Just seems stupid considering the last crpg I came off of was Pathfinder Wrath, and you can hit 20 there.

Sorry if this has been covered I just haven't been keeping up with the thread.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
i Get it, but I like the change. Not because I think all races are created equal like some blue haired they/them but because without this change if you want to be the best xxx class you can be min/max, then you are limited to a specific race or you can’t get the bonus and thus weaken your character.

That’s exactly my point. It’s now a pointless impactless choice.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Also anyone who likes soda made with corn syrup has shit taste and probably prefers koala bear dicks.
Funny thing I saw a vid with some Mexicans trying American Coke over Mexican Coke awhile back. Although they liked the Mexican better, they all agreed they liked it more cuz it tasted sweeter than ours.

• 1Barf

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Funny thing I saw a vid with some Mexicans trying American Coke over Mexican Coke awhile back. Although they liked the Mexican better, they all agreed they liked it more cuz it tasted sweeter than ours.
You can get Mexican Coke all over Texas as any Mexican meat market sells it, and I think a bunch of grocery stores stock it in the "ethnic" isle. I tried it and don't really get that much of a difference, but I don't usually drink calories, so maybe you have to be a regular Coke drinker to be able to tell.

If I'm going to drink full calorie soda, I would rather spring for the top shelf stuff, like Boylan Ginger Ale.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You can get Mexican Coke all over Texas as any Mexican meat market sells it, and I think a bunch of grocery stores stock it in the "ethnic" isle. I tried it and don't really get that much of a difference, but I don't usually drink calories, so maybe you have to be a regular Coke drinker to be able to tell.

If I'm going to drink full calorie soda, I would rather spring for the top shelf stuff, like Boylan Ginger Ale.
Yeah, I am a Zero guy now. Used to drink a lot of pop, but since I cut that sugar out I have maybe a can a day.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think it's a fucking stupid change, it neuters any impact or importance to the race/bloodline/lineage (whatever the fuck you want to call it that won't trigger your snowflake self) choice.

To pretend that races, especially ones with that much anatomical and biological difference, would not have any differences in their average, minimum, or maximum physical and mental capacities is asinine. Completely counter to reality.
Definitely a candidate for the very first mod to be made right there. Fucking idiotic decision, people who want to cheat should just wait for a character editor.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
After this Diablo faggotry me and my bear are going to Bearfultower some elf bitch in this game.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
After this Diablo faggotry me and my bear are going to Bearfultower some elf bitch in this game.

Anyone who bought D4 deserved Bobby's little jew dick shoved down their throats, expecting anything less from Blizzard in 2023 is ridiculous. Luckily the rest of the year looks pretty good for gaming. BG3 will wash that taste out with some big burly bear cock, but at least the game will be good, and then there's Armored Core 6 and Starfield right after, and by the time you're done with all of those Rogue Trader should be ready.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 6 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Anyone who bought D4 deserved Bobby's little jew dick shoved down their throats, expecting anything less from Blizzard in 2023 is ridiculous. Luckily the rest of the year looks pretty good for gaming. BG3 will wash that taste out with some big burly bear cock, but at least the game will be good, and then there's Armored Core 6 and Starfield right after, and by the time you're done with all of those Rogue Trader should be ready.
Gonna be the best 6 months of my gaming life maybe.

• 1Like

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
So glad they made this change. Now I can play any race/class combo without worrying about points.

Did someone bet them they couldn't make the game any gayer.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Caliane

racial attribute bonuses don't fit into modern 5e design. take that statement for what you will. but its true. 5e is an roleplay story format. not a combat sim. gnomes, women, and giants are all equally strong. paladins can be chaotic evil atheists. (I've already stated I like the math heavy pathfinder)

So I saw a video the other day saying the max level is only 12, what sort of BS is that. I was going to play with a couple of buddies and I plan on making a monk but monks don't get better till further on.
I guess it's because of expansion stuff in the future? Just seems stupid considering the last crpg I came off of was Pathfinder Wrath, and you can hit 20 there.

Sorry if this has been covered I just haven't been keeping up with the thread.
yeah. expansions/sequel.. I find it odd personally. Bg 3. not the time to be going back to basics. new game? fine. a third sequel? no. To compound onto this. mindflayers are in the mix. feels like they are going to have to be under powered. the limited character advancement is going to be disappointing. 5e also isn't magic item heavy. I suppose we'll see how larian handles that. I suppose their will be lots.
the mindflayer larva does give some secondary progression, ala mythic paths. so, maybe it won't be too simple. but character building in dos 1 and 2 was not great either.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
racial attribute bonuses don't fit into modern 5e design. take that statement for what you will. but its true. 5e is an roleplay story format. not a combat sim. gnomes, women, and giants are all equally strong. paladins can be chaotic evil atheists. (I've already stated I like the math heavy pathfinder)

As if previous editions werent roleplay format. Roleplay format is making the role you want to play make objective sense in a game between many people. The way to do it in a relatively objective way is to use numbers and stats that are defined so everyone understands how their choices actually impact the role they want to play. Even though it is a fantasy world it generally does require some things that are relatable to the real world for it to be shared between players. Its funny watching the wokesters turn themselves into pretzels rationalizing larian throwing everything about dnd and bg3 out the window to appease the leftists and their divinity fanbois. "Its totally roleplay to have class and race be meaningless in a mechanic sense, just determine how their appearance! Just like in the real world gender has no meaning!"

• 2Like

Cybsled

I can understand the purist angle, but if I want to play a demon paladin or gnome monk, then fucking let me.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I can understand the purist angle, but if I want to play a demon paladin or gnome monk, then fucking let me.

That's cool, but there should be consequences where it becomes clear that "Oh yeah, that's why you don't see many teenage girls working in coal mines"

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

You also don’t see many people with wings or ultraviolet vision or the ability to cast magic IRL either

Cybsled

I mean, they could always do a purist mode and a "play whatever" mode

I've hated racial class restrictions ever since Everquest

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Race/class and sex restrictions are dumb as fuck. But so is allowing you to have the same stats as an Ogre Warrior as a fucking Tiefling.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users