Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>

Talking your way out of fights confirmed to give XP so you don't fall behind levels, bards the best at this.
Can't wait for people to try out Fast Talking Bullshitter runs. We will probably also soon see people attempt to finish the game with as few fights as possible - pacifist runs. I love games that let you try different approaches to things.

Reminds me a bit of old school WoW where you had a few people do these things, such as the Pacifist Priest (used to have a blog, can't find it now) where he only did non-combat quests as well as getting XP from exploration. It's easier now after they started to give XP for mining and shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I can't say I like the 2020s when there are 1000s of faggoty youtube videos on OMG DO THIS IN BG3 making clickbait.

And its only going to get worse.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Can't wait for people to try out Fast Talking Bullshitter runs. We will probably also soon see people attempt to finish the game with as few fights as possible - pacifist runs. I love games that let you try different approaches to things.

Reminds me a bit of old school WoW where you had a few people do these things, such as the Pacifist Priest (used to have a blog, can't find it now) where he only did non-combat quests as well as getting XP from exploration. It's easier now after they started to give XP for mining and shit.

I'm doing my wild boys run followed by my dark urge steal anything that isn't bolted down and murderhobo everything else run.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Birth of a murder hobo.

"Alright, how can I win this fight"
We spent days in BG1 multiplayer figuring out how to kill npcs that weren't meant to be killed. In that one expansion the first town had some mage you wouldn't normally fight, and when you attack him he puts up an invul spell and starts lobbing fireballs right at his feet. Hilarious.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
We spent days in BG1 multiplayer figuring out how to kill npcs that weren't meant to be killed. In that one expansion the first town had some mage you wouldn't normally fight, and when you attack him he puts up an invul spell and starts lobbing fireballs right at his feet. Hilarious.
The quicksave button is the herald of degenerate savagery.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The Wild Magic barb and Sorc in the party.
7ui81m.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Nah bro in BG1 the Candlekeep guards were for some reason extremely weak while being decked out in full plate. You can easily kill them and take their armor and +1 weapons.

If you attacked the mages in the first town they summoned the Red Thay Mages or whatever who completely raped you. As I recall.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Does this game or steam itself, offer a way to let my g/f play without purchasing the game a second time? She's never played a Larian or similar game before. So Im being a bit of a cheap ass when it comes to buying her, her own copy. I know on some games you can do some type of local IP play? Im pretty sure this game will have couch co-op, but I dont want to play this on a TV.. unless it offers some kind of split screen option?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Does this game or steam itself, offer a way to let my g/f play without purchasing the game a second time? She's never played a Larian or similar game before. So Im being a bit of a cheap ass when it comes to buying her, her own copy. I know on some games you can do some type of local IP play? Im pretty sure this game will have couch co-op, but I dont want to play this on a TV.. unless it offers some kind of split screen option?

They have announced that the PS5 version (and probably other consoles) will have co-op split screen. But not sure the PC version will have that, no reason for it not to have it if they already have it available, but it's not confirmed to my knowledge.

Edit: Apparently that is the PC version with a controller from the dev showcase, so maybe wait for full release and check what options it has.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They have announced that the PS5 version (and probably other consoles) will have co-op split screen. But not sure the PC version will have that, no reason for it not to have it if they already have it available, but it's not confirmed to my knowledge.

I worded what I said poorly. When I said split screen, I didnt mean couch co-op. I meant each player having their own screen.

If there isnt anything like that, Ill just have to play couch co-op with her long enough to see if she likes it.

Xerge

<Donor>
Use Family sharing eh. Settings>family and let her install and try EA.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Larian is saying to erase all EA saves and uninstall the game. Then reinstall at launch.

• 2Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What do you do with it if you succeed in stealing it?
Couldn't tell you. Half my party died round one, the other half round two. But it did start the war inside the little town, where the druids started killing everyone.

I just DL'd the EA to run around and check things out before the launch, and the only annoying thing I found is being mindful of your party members. One got stuck not jumping down off a ledge, and I didn't notice he wasn't with me when I started a fight. Fortunately Larian allows for that, and you can run your missing party member over and join the fight even after it's started, which I was very happy with.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like you need to up your stealing game.

Use a thief, distract some druids and take their stupid idol. Use it to hang your undies on to dry.

• 2Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Couldn't tell you. Half my party died round one, the other half round two. But it did start the war inside the little town, where the druids started killing everyone.

I just DL'd the EA to run around and check things out before the launch, and the only annoying thing I found is being mindful of your party members. One got stuck not jumping down off a ledge, and I didn't notice he wasn't with me when I started a fight. Fortunately Larian allows for that, and you can run your missing party member over and join the fight even after it's started, which I was very happy with.
That was a massive cheese strat in DOS. You could have someone outside combat doing shit, running around buying potions or whatever, throwing barrels into the combat area etc. It was something that modders fixed, it’s kind of surprising they didn’t fix it themselves for BG3. I guess they didn’t care if people cheese their single player game, which is ok I guess.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That was a massive cheese strat in DOS. You could have someone outside combat doing shit, running around buying potions or whatever, throwing barrels into the combat area etc. It was something that modders fixed, it’s kind of surprising they didn’t fix it themselves for BG3. I guess they didn’t care if people cheese their single player game, which is ok I guess.
I definitely prefer singleplayer games that can be cheesed over games that risk inconveniencing players with ways to stop cheese.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My hype is palpable - can't focus, can't eat, can't sleep. Tomorrow, we rape bears boyzzzzzzzz

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users