Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I definitely prefer singleplayer games that can be cheesed over games that risk inconveniencing players with ways to stop cheese.
Same. I cheesed a few fights in DoS2 with barrel spam, but that gets old fast and didn't care to do it outside of those couple times for the lulz.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I'm just so excited about the level of tom-fuckery I'm going to get up to. I don't really care at all about the story or the characters or any of that. But I can't wait to take everything silly, game-breaking and egregious I discovered in previous Larian games and apply them to the Sword Coast. Taking Friday off and giving up Thursday booty call to get busy. I'm hyped.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I still haven't found a definitive answer for custom parties. Can you completely ignore their premade characters you meet, and just roll with a party of custom mades right off the bat? There is some janky as fuck way of spinning up 4 clients and shit I am not going to bother with, and any info on mercenaries seems pretty vague. Any ideas?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm just so excited about the level of tom-fuckery I'm going to get up to. I don't really care at all about the story or the characters or any of that. But I can't wait to take everything silly, game-breaking and egregious I discovered in previous Larian games and apply them to the Sword Coast. Taking Friday off and giving up Thursday booty call to get busy. I'm hyped.
if you were looking specifically for game breaking nonsense, you may have missed your window. they fixed A LOT of that stuff in EA. friend of mine was sending multiple bug reports per day on all kinds of goofy mechanical bugs. his favorite was the barrel shotgun, as he put it. basically you'd fill a barrel up with just a ton of random objects and then thunderwave it. it would break the barrel and shotgun blast everything inside it. each individual object would do a guaranteed 1 damage which meant with enough time and objects you could one shot anything and everything.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Burns

I still haven't found a definitive answer for custom parties. Can you completely ignore their premade characters you meet, and just roll with a party of custom mades right off the bat? There is some janky as fuck way of spinning up 4 clients and shit I am not going to bother with, and any info on mercenaries seems pretty vague. Any ideas?
It was not in the EA, so no one has a definitive answer, that I have seen. In one of the interviews or from the hands on press junket, someone said that you can hire 1 merc per class, or some such, that you customize (maybe that means you get as many mercs as there are classes, but it's not unlimited mercs). I would assume you get access as soon as you can access your camp, which is after the intro/tutorial.

Quick edit: I just remembered and scanned through a Wolfheart video, and it shows him using a mostly custom party in the area right after the tutorial:
2023-08-02 13.30.58 www.youtube.com 9aff29a74848.png

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yes you can do that. you can have a party of 4 players using all premade characters or no premade characters. the playable characters you meet just go to your camp like normal.

edit: i completely misunderstood what you were asking for some reason. if you have 3 real people to play with, you can use all custom characters right out of the gate. you can get mercs but no idea when. my guess it'd be about the same time you are able to respec the origin characters?

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
if you were looking specifically for game breaking nonsense, you may have missed your window. they fixed A LOT of that stuff in EA. friend of mine was sending multiple bug reports per day on all kinds of goofy mechanical bugs. his favorite was the barrel shotgun, as he put it. basically you'd fill a barrel up with just a ton of random objects and then thunderwave it. it would break the barrel and shotgun blast everything inside it. each individual object would do a guaranteed 1 damage which meant with enough time and objects you could one shot anything and everything.

• 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
It was not in the EA, so no one has a definitive answer, that I have seen. In one of the interviews or from the hands on press junket, someone said that you can hire 1 merc per class, or some such, that you customize (maybe that means you get as many mercs as there are classes, but it's not unlimited mercs). I would assume you get access as soon as you can access your camp, which is after the intro/tutorial.

Quick edit: I just remembered and scanned through a Wolfheart video, and it shows him using a mostly custom party in the area right after the tutorial:
View attachment 485002

Party size is 4, not 6?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
fucking poors on reddit are bitching and moaning about the download size and time. 120GB takes like 40 min, if steam servers can handle the load and deliver. And if you don't have such a small amount of space, just die.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
fucking poors on reddit are bitching and moaning about the download size and time. 120GB takes like 40 min, if steam servers can handle the load and deliver. And if you don't have such a small amount of space, just die.

You know there are large parts of the country that have dog shit internet, and I sadly fall into this category now.

I have to take my pc to a friend's house and it will likely take 4-5 hours.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just deleted my saves and the game. Ready for the install tomorrow. Hope it doesn't take too long to download. Only have 300mbs, so should take a few hours unless Steam stops.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You know there are large parts of the country that have dog shit internet, and I sadly fall into this category now.

I have to take my pc to a friend's house and it will likely take 4-5 hours.
Get a load of this poor fgt

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Araxen

Weekend sale usually goes live on Thursday's(a couple hours after BG3 goes live). Watch there be an incredible sale tomorrow further lagging the servers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
Get a load of this poor fgt
I have decent internet, It's not a wired connection (old brick house, too much to drill through). I haven't restarted my router in a while and when i just checked, I still have 120 down, 40 up but have not been able to figure a way to not have abysmal steam download speeds.

I'm tired of trying rando fixes from reddit, click bait articles, and awful YouTube videos. I've given up and resigned myself to playing this like 15 minutes before I have to get the kids and start dinner. Annoying.