Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Do the women characters throw themselves at your male character the same?
It's a bit more complicated, but apparently, you can, if you pick the right dialogue at camp when it pops. You just need a lot of approval.

There's a wiki with all "approves"/"disapproves" reaction if you want to game it:

Apparently, during EA, the romances required to complete specific subquests to become possible, but release doesn't seem to have the limit, which is why everyone's trying to jump your bones as soon as allowable. Yes, they're all "equal opportunities" (I assume Shadowheart and Lae'zel will be open for some scissoring if your character is female).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
I went back as far as I dared and still have my resting == game over problem.

I think it might have something to do with the wizard companion. He died early on and I didn't have money to resurrect him so he's just been kind of rotting in camp. Has a stink area around him.

Right before the game unceremoniously ends his corpse levitates for a bit. Would be nice if it would explain what is going on and why some dead guy I barely know is causing my party to be "defeated" when they are all standing at full health.

I *think* Gale is meant to cause an apocalyptic explosion if he is dead for more than 2 rests - I know when I accidently exploded my party and lost his corpse (had to use Withers) I got an astral projection saying something like 'rezz me quickly or things won't end well'. Try teleporting back to your camp and using a scroll or cleric to rezz him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I havent had as many male companions hit on me as some people here. But I havent tried to romance anyone, specifically, either. Just people like Gale went above and beyond out of no where to try to romance ME. The women, like Lae'zul (Ive specced her so she just fucking dunks on people. Her damage is so dumb.) and Shadowheart have both been really REALLY prudish, almost middle school childish, about romance. I spoke to Lae'zul last night and out of left field she's like "If you hadnt of done all that crazy shit before now, we would be fucking. Too bad you'll be alone in your tent now!" and Im over here like.. bitch, you fucking ugly and your breath stank. Bye.

Point Im making is the dudes seem to go out of their way to make sexual advances towards your characters, but the women you actually have to work for it? ... Well, nm, maybe that is real life in some situations.
Almost to chapter 3, soooo much combat. Not even hard right now they just love throwing 8+ dudes at you everywhere...

I talked Yurgi or whatever that high demons name was to kill every follow then himself, while funny I think getting him to work with me may have been the better choice, will have to see how it goes next play through.
Ive learned that if you're observant with Hide, you can see the sight line for NPC's. Some of them are just connected, and its not much you can do about it. But if you're careful, you can start on the edge of a camp and if you have someone that can one-shot the connecting NPC - then you can separate the ones that aggro from the bigger pack. Ive done it with the goblins, the spider cave, etc. Just save before you try it is all I recommend.
I went back as far as I dared and still have my resting == game over problem.

I think it might have something to do with the wizard companion. He died early on and I didn't have money to resurrect him so he's just been kind of rotting in camp. Has a stink area around him.

Right before the game unceremoniously ends his corpse levitates for a bit. Would be nice if it would explain what is going on and why some dead guy I barely know is causing my party to be "defeated" when they are all standing at full health.
I *think* Gale is meant to cause an apocalyptic explosion if he is dead for more than 2 rests - I know when I accidently exploded my party and lost his corpse (had to use Withers) I got an astral projection saying something like 'rezz me quickly or things won't end well'. Try teleporting back to your camp and using a scroll or cleric to rezz him.
Yes. He's right, Kharzette Kharzette - sorry i was asleep or I would have answered it earlier. If anyone else lets gale die and doesnt have a revive or similar, read the spoiler.

When Gale died, you should have got this rather obnoxious way to revive him described to you by an illusion of Gale. I let him die one time and didnt immediately save scum cause I didnt want to fight through the fight again because it was very magic heavy and exhausting. He says at the end that if he is dead for longer than <2 days> or something, that the world will end. Well there you go, thats your answer. Next thing I know, he's telling me to take his pouch and pull a string etc. etc. Here is the google for you:

"Choose to unthread the purple seam counterclockwise. Take the flute and the letter from the pouch you opened. Use the flute and choose the option “position your fingers on the flute, ready to play individual notes.” Play the following notes in this order: D, E, A, D."
The pouch should be on his dead body if you didnt strip him.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Monday morning after playing BG3 like a degenerate for 15 hours yesterday.

• 4Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 7 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
Think I've fucked my druid quest, attacked them as I entered the Grove and now the cave is empty and they aren't doing the ritual. I also stole the idol in the middle.

Have I fucked the druid quest line? Lol

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Wow thanks for the replies. I got none of that. Game gave me no hints at all. I frogot about the scrolls.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Gale and shadowheart story spoilers
I kept on not giving Gale artifacts, and kept persuading him to hold on a little longer. Can only do that twice before you either give in or tell him no and he leaves. Gale has left the party.
I guess if you are nice to Shadowheart you turn her away from being evil, I told her to do whatever she wanted and she choose to not kill Nightsong. Little disappointed she didn’t stick with her conviction…
Jaheria spoilers
What a wuss, every single Harper is now dead including her because she is only level 8…couldn’t hold it together for two rounds.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Think I've fucked my druid quest, attacked them as I entered the Grove and now the cave is empty and they aren't doing the ritual. I also stole the idol in the middle.

Have I fucked the druid quest line? Lol
Fuck those stupid druids.

• 3Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Wow thanks for the replies. I got none of that. Game gave me no hints at all. I frogot about the scrolls.
I wish I could forget the exposition of the scene:

When he said he's a prodigy with the weave is fine. When he said he became a student and lover of Mystra, the goddess of magic was super cringe. I hope it turns out he was tricked, or mentally ill and dreamt it all up because that's some self-insert Elminster level crap imo

Also my short "literally unplayable" list of issues as a long time D&D fan:

- they pronounce Selûne "Seh-lunah" and not "Say-loon-ay"

- you get a piece of Infernal Iron from the Nine Hells and someone mentions they can feel a touch of Chaos in it. The Nine Hells is Lawful Evil, the Abyss is Chaotic Evil. You done messed up your lower planes.

- Everyone has a British accent or whatever when very few people did in BG1/2.

- Tieflings were a mistake because there were 3 incidents of theft in the Druid Grove. Despite making up only 3% of the population...

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 9 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Impressive because Druids aren't really known to have shit more valuable than stupid plants. What are a bunch of tieflings going to rob them of?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im already through this part. I didnt talk shit cause I wanted to keep Lae'z in my party. But the fact that you can do this, and she uses an actual WISH to do it, is hilarious to me. Spoilered on reddit cause its spoilers for act 1.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Impressive because Druids aren't really known to have shit more valuable than stupid plants. What are a bunch of tieflings going to rob them of?
One of those little shits stole from me sir. I'm the player character. I AM THE LAW.

Which reminds me: This game needs a mod for killable children. I magic missiled one of those little shits and they ran away with 1 hp left to warn the guards.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
One of those little shits stole from me sir. I'm the player character. I AM THE LAW.

Which reminds me: This game needs a mod for killable children. I magic missiled one of those little shits and they ran away with 1 hp left to warn the guards.
I totally killed some goblin children. They dropped toys.

• 2Worf
  • 1Weird Boner

Chris

Potato del Grande
you get a piece of Infernal Iron from the Nine Hells and someone mentions they can feel a touch of Chaos in it. The Nine Hells is Lawful Evil, the Abyss is Chaotic Evil. You done messed up your lower planes.
The character messed up the lower planes?

How much of the planar stuff is meant to be common knowledge? Is it not high level priest and wizard stuff?

Every character can't be expected to have full knowledge of the universe, think about flat earthers IRL.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm loving this game, but the 'romance' shit is way too strong. Like we're in the middle of insane, life or death situations and like everyone in my part wants to fuck me. Me being dragonkin makes it even more ridiculous. I'm also only a few hours into the game.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm loving this game, but the 'romance' shit is way too strong. Like we're in the middle of insane, life or death situations and like everyone in my part wants to fuck me. Me being dragonkin makes it even more ridiculous. I'm also only a few hours into the game.
Everyone wants that dragon dong.

• 1Weird Boner

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This chick do be making me horny, though.

1691419877969.png

• 2Barf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users