Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Fucking casuals. I'm not even done with the cursed lands yet lmao

Capture.PNG

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In regards to the hag

I think in EA the debuff you got from losing your eye was you couldn't crit anymore, but they seem to have changed it to minus 1 deception, disadv against hags but you get +1 to intimidation checks

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So yeah, they're mostly a Planescape thing (I want to say Planescape: Torment had a Githzerai party member), but they pop up now and then elsewhere.
You "want to say"?? You dont remember the Zerth Blade and unlocking the Unbroken Circle of Zerthimon?!?

Dak'kon is very disappointed in you and leaves the party.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
You "want to say"?? You dont remember the Zerth Blade and unlocking the Unbroken Circle of Zerthimon?!?

I must say Dak’Kon is way cooler than the gith in this game. They’re all so angsty.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I'm level 9 now and most of the way done with the cursed land and I haven't seen any actual weapons that make me go 'wow I need to respec to use this', so I'm not sure I'd rate two-weapon fighting especially high. The difference of getting d8s over d6 on shortsword seems super negligible for an entire feat when stacked up against luck rerolls or damage rerolls.

Does alchemy actually required any proficiency? I've got no one with it that I know of and I use alchemy all the time to make elixirs and shit.

RE: barbarian subclasses, berserker is just the most damage by a pretty wide margin, so if you need firecrotch to be big DPS for you just go to Withers and redo her choices and swap her to that subclass under barbarian. I haven't really bothered to respec any of the other followers besides that though as they all seem mostly fine.

Horny gith lady, or I guess battlemaster fighters in general, is just nuts though. You get so many of their combat maneuver dice that with the extra attack and action surge you can just burst down almost any big scary target in one turn with them. Disarm is also super, super OP as enemy AI kinda just falls apart when they lose their weapon if they are a martial class - I don't think I've ever seen an enemy pick up their weapon, they just start doing useless shit like throwing rocks for the rest of the fight.
So me and the AI are equally retarded. Got disarmed for the first time when I was laying waste to the druids and my dumb ass probably went 4-5 turns before I realized I was disarmed and my flaming sword of awesomeness was actually laying on the ground. Pretty cool they actually disarm your weapon....quiet the derpa derpa moment not going to lie.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So me and the AI are equally retarded. Got disarmed for the first time when I was laying waste to the druids and my dumb ass probably went 4-5 turns before I realized I was disarmed and my flaming sword of awesomeness was actually laying on the ground. Pretty cool they actually disarm your weapon....quiet the derpa derpa moment not going to lie.
I got disarmed in a run-away situation so I lost my +1 quarterstaff. Maybe someday I'll be tough enough to go back there.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Berserker doesn't wear armor at all; your AC is 10+Dex Bonus+Con Bonus. The Graceful Cloth is especially good since it grants +2 Dex, +1 Dex saves, +1.5m jump, and Cat's Grace. So I'll have 18 AC with 20 Dex/16 Con. That's what I meant by taking Con ASI instead of a feat would give +1 AC along with the hp/lvl.

And yeah, Dual Wielder does seem like something to respec to if some godly rapiers show up late in the game (I'm not taking the level of fighter until character level 9 at the earliest anyway). It's mostly a contest between Lucky and Savage Attacker.

There's no difference between L11 and L12 spell tables for any class I've looked at so far. You get your one L6 spell at L11 and you get absolutely nothing extra at L12. So you can do a L1 splash of something else without much in the way of opportunity costs.

Rogues and Fighters do get their extra feat.
ah. i missed that you were a barb, so that makes sense.

i also was thinking that you got more spell slots between 11 and 12, but you're right, you don't.

Daidraco

All that history/lore about the Gith is all explained in the books in the Arcane Tower / Act 1 / Underdark if anyone is curious.

Blows my mind that some of you are on to act 2 or even 3 and only, what in my mind, is just a handful of hours in difference. Theres still entire areas that I havent finished yet. But I guess thats just me being a completionist.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm loving this game, but the 'romance' shit is way too strong. Like we're in the middle of insane, life or death situations and like everyone in my part wants to fuck me. Me being dragonkin makes it even more ridiculous. I'm also only a few hours into the game.

Everyone wants that dragon dong.

images.jpeg

Brikker Brikker or Can anyone comment on how this plays on the Steam deck? I've been going back and forth on getting it on the deck or just waiting for the PS5 version. How does it run, ease of use, and reading all the dialog on the deck?

I haven't actually had a chance to do anything but load the game and set the Settings. That went swell, though :)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I played abunch since Friday and restarted for 2nd time last night but progressing alot quicker since I know the areas that had so many things to open but had nothing of value. Thats the biggest issue for me, the ratio of anything item wise vs just waste of time seems out of sync but I apprecaite the D&D aspect and immersion that they are targeting so I'll take the good with the bad. I'd be good w/ 90% less interactable items and more meaningful things in them personally.

DOS2 was nice w/ some of the functionality (both standard and mod) so you had chances of rare loot to drop or inside interactable objects so you had some thing to hope for as a reward. With those tweaks in place I could play it the way I enjoyed without going against my greatest fears of missing out on something cool just because I didn't click on object #4114314.

Just got the team setup to Go Karlach as my main origin character as Barbarian Beserker, Lae'zel as Battlemaster Fighter, Gale as Sorc, and Astarion as a support bard. Playing pretty evil focused mind set playthrough so if Gale gets to bitchy with me i'll replace w/ NCP probably. Looking for more just easy face roll damage so I can enjoy my play through and not worry about alot of mechanics then i'll do that when I try tactician.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Well saving Volos is certainly worth it!

Told him to meet me in my camp, talked to him and told him to try to extract the tadpole. He did.... but failed and took my eye out instead, but gave a replacement glass eye that gives permanent see invisible.

Camp is weird though.

Let the goblin from the druid camp lead me there, followed in. Killed the first absolute, then got adds, killed those. Nobody else aggroed when I finished the fight. Got to the priestess, killed her, and same thing. Guessing they attack only in batches there to make it manageable?

Hag fight
Finished the hag fight. Let her go and forced her to leave behind the girl. Got the +1 cha. Killed her once too, but loot wasn't any good for me, so reloaded the save. I assume she will show up again. She wasn't happy. Was really tempted to keep the summon staff for the zombie pet, but let her go with it since she said she was going to baldurs gate. Hope to see what happens there

Still level 4. Custom lore bard (went back to that, going wild mage sorc for future run), Shadowheart, Gale and Karlach are my party. Though I have tried to use the other NPCs for their quests.

All in all, 20-30? hours in now. Finishing up goblin camp, then have underdark left + the meeting with the giths. Game will probably be way over 100 hours at the rate I am going. Still on tactician.

Daidraco

Told him to meet me in my camp, talked to him and told him to try to extract the tadpole. He did.... but failed and took my eye out instead, but gave a replacement glass eye that gives permanent see invisible.

Camp is weird though.

Let the goblin from the druid camp lead me there, followed in. Killed the first absolute, then got adds, killed those. Nobody else aggroed when I finished the fight. Got to the priestess, killed her, and same thing. Guessing they attack only in batches there to make it manageable?

Hag fight
Finished the hag fight. Let her go and forced her to leave behind the girl. Got the +1 cha. Killed her once too, but loot wasn't any good for me, so reloaded the save. I assume she will show up again. She wasn't happy. Was really tempted to keep the summon staff for the zombie pet, but let her go with it since she said she was going to baldurs gate. Hope to see what happens there

Still level 4. Custom lore bard (went back to that, going wild mage sorc for future run), Shadowheart, Gale and Karlach are my party. Though I have tried to use the other NPCs for their quests.

All in all, 20-30? hours in now. Finishing up goblin camp, then have underdark left + the meeting with the giths. Game will probably be way over 100 hours at the rate I am going. Still on tactician.
Goblin Camp:
If you go down in the basement with the Spiders, you can animal talk to them and convince them that the goblins are a better target. You just have to open the door. Once its open, they can take out a good portion all on their own. But if you raid the entire place in sync with them - they make quick work of everyone with you because everyones constantly webbed and poisoned.

Its stuff like that that has been the real fun to find for me. I meant to the use the Ogres at some point, but I forgot about using their horn. Im unsure if theyre even available to be used anywhere else right now. Still need to do the Hag, Vampire Hunter, Spider boss down below the town, the counter kill of the myconid kings and the area across the lake in the underdark. Tons of shit to do, basically. But Im thinking Ill try to use the ogres on the Vampire Hunter if I can. If they arent useable, oh well.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Camp is weird though.

Hag fight

36 hours and just hit chapter 2, and I did waaaaay more than I thought I would between 1 and 2.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I finally discovered Bear Sex.

Also, I like the Gith now that I have learned more about them.

Randin

Trakanon Raider

Never got around to playing Torment; was going off of nerd osmosis on that one.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The fact that you find entirely new entrances to different areas through fake walls and such makes me at least mildly intrigued to play through a second time. Im also curious - the "burrows" and shit in treasure rooms etc. Is that like for a Druid to transform into a rat or something and run through it? Or what. Just something else that makes me think about a second run of the game and Im not even out of act 1 cause I have ADHD in this game for some reason.

Oh, and is Pink the best rarity of items in the game? I was under the impression they were all locked away till the end of the game for some reason.
No sir there are legendary yellow/orange weapons that are pretty nuts. Gloomstalker/Assassin melee with two legendary daggers and I can melt 200hp mobs in one turn if I get the jump.

60 hours in still having a blast. Game is not perfect but does capture the feeling of being on a grand adventure very well. Haven’t poopsocked this hard since Elden Rang

• 1Like