Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Well I guess this build might not work out lol
My party got destroyed in about 3 turns.

act 1
lvl 5 spider matriarch under the blighted village
Yeah....that was a nightmare when I encountered it exploring that area at maybe lvl 3. What level are you?

Went back at 5, and crushed her for revenge. I know others have mentioned that you can accidentally wander into an encounter that you're just way under classed for. That's definitely the first one I found. You can burn the spider web bridges down if she's on them to get a decent chunk of falling damage on her.

Nola

Trakanon Raider

act 1
Thunderwave trivializes that fight. Knock them off with it and they fall to their deaths.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Spiders:
Shoot fire and burn the web bridges when they jump/land on em for massive fall damage. Can get the Matriarch twice and bring her down to 1/3hp by turn 3.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Maul

Dental Dammer

act 1
Haha yeah that fight fucking sucks depending on your level. There is an easier way to do the fight though

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just ran into an issue where I was unable to load the last ~3 hours of saves (about 10 of them). I "fixed" it by switching to DX11 instead of Vulcan, hmmmm

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Just ran into an issue where I was unable to load the last ~3 hours of saves (about 10 of them). I "fixed" it by switching to DX11 instead of Vulcan, hmmmm
What exactly is Vulcan? I've been running dx11 the entire time, but wondered what that setting was. Sorry I'm probably behind the times.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Somewhere in act one there's a doorway where i cast grease and set it on fire. Now for the rest of the game my combat log looks like this, even in combat. I've looked and so far can't find that damn door to put the fire out.
View attachment 486377

You try and burn that big door with a face in the hags basement? Not the one you walk through to access her underground area, but the second one you encounter on the levels with poison down to fight her?

gak

<Gold Donor>
What exactly is Vulcan?
vu.gif

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What exactly is Vulcan? I've been running dx11 the entire time, but wondered what that setting was. Sorry I'm probably behind the times.
It's basically the successor to OpenGL. Using Vulkan over DX11 is usually a no-brainer (since normally its competition is DX12) but Larian done goofed. It's not just the crashing some people get, even the performance is at best equal and often worse than DX11 according to Digital Foundry's testing.

They still only have FSR1 available too, so there's definitely a lot of technical work they need to do post-release. Supposedly we'll get FSR2 around the time the game releases on PS5.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nvidia released a driver that included adjustments for BG3 as well. I doubt any of you have skipped the update, but its worth mentioning as I feel like Ive updated my graphics driver at least half a dozen times since last month.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Runs beautifully on my 3060ti. Haven't had a single crash.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
No crashes on my steam deck. Maybe some people need to upgrade their potatoes.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is the first game that has ever rewarded me with sex for making a tough story decision, lol. I banged the dogshit out of the drow chic as an alpha orc and then killed Haslin for trying to play me close. What an incredible game lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Weird Boner

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah....that was a nightmare when I encountered it exploring that area at maybe lvl 3. What level are you?

Went back at 5, and crushed her for revenge. I know others have mentioned that you can accidentally wander into an encounter that you're just way under classed for. That's definitely the first one I found. You can burn the spider web bridges down if she's on them to get a decent chunk of falling damage on her.
level 4

The web bridge trick worked. Knocked her ass off the first one. Got lucky when combat started because she teleported to another one and knocked her off that as well. Altogether that took off about 100hp. I also killed all the eggs before combat started. So it was just a matter of finishing her off and killing the two smaller spiders. Pretty fun fight.

• 3Solidarity

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I read Nvidia = dx11 and I've only ran dx11 on my 3080ti @ 4k ultra w/ zero issues. No crashes at all , I keep the drivers updated, including the recent hotfix this week.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its weird too because some days I can go for hours with no crash, like today. Played the last 6 or so hours with not one crash. But yesterday was a fucking nightmare with crashes. And for anyone thinking its somehow my shit, not the game, umm no. I play games like a mo-fo on this PC and have no crashing issues at all. Sometimes for upwards of 12 or more hours at a time and all sorts of games. Didnt they just release a patch that supposedly "fixed" some 300 crashes, lol? Hoping they get to my crashes soon, lol.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
For anyone at end game, I'm not sure if I broke something but:

is it possible to get up to the Gortash fight without murdering the entirety of the flaming fist in the process? I feel like I don't wanna do that for story/endgame reasons, but I've destroyed the foundry now and done basically everything else and the only thing left is to go stab Gortash himself, but the entire keep of flaming fist guys is just aggro now and I don't wanna have to carve my way through the entire town guard

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
level 4

The web bridge trick worked. Knocked her ass off the first one. Got lucky when combat started because she teleported to another one and knocked her off that as well. Altogether that took off about 100hp. I also killed all the eggs before combat started. So it was just a matter of finishing her off and killing the two smaller spiders. Pretty fun fight.
tumblr_nsk7p2zuJK1qzocgko1_500.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I went into that spider cave first at like lv 3 or some shit. Killed the first few spiders and the other "things" in that cave, then I saw the lv5 boss and noped the fuck out. Went back at like lv5 when I was doing my "all the missing shit" sweep, and killed her no problem.

Dont forget to pick up the legendary mace for your cleric there. Its a fucking godly weapon. Also cleared that whole place out, got the egg, went into the planar plce, didnt try to kill the chick in there, and got to keep Lazel which is a beastly warrior on my team. Great place and great satisfying end to the story up to that point. I thruroughly enjoyed that Monastery part.

Last edited: