Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Finally in Act 3, 70 hours later. I'm sure a lot of that is idle time and at least a few hours of bug filled backtracking.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
There's a mod for a first person WASD movement like dragon age. I'm trying using the NativeMods camera tweaks so I can pivot the camera up. Made exploring the gauntlet last night so much better. Haven't done the other mod, but it's supposed to work great in conjunction with the camera tweaks deal.

I noticed big camera differences between Deck and PC. On Deck I can zoom way out for a bird's eye but PC is stuck closer and hard to see a lot at times...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I noticed big camera differences between Deck and PC. On Deck I can zoom way out for a bird's eye but PC is stuck closer and hard to see a lot at times...
Yeah, it's really restrictive for some reason. They modeled a lot of the dungeons and terrain and it's nice to finally be able to look up at things. Only issue is it gets a little wonky where panning to look to far up clips part of your vision into the ground. It's still better than nothing. Wonder if they will eventually change it, I can't imagine it's not a common complaint.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
professor farnsworth futurama GIF

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Wtf did you do? Am I the only one with high Cha rolling speech checks D20’s like a boss?

I talked some demon into killing his followers and himself lol
Yeah I’ve talked my way through most of the game and it’s not like I’m a bard, trying to build out a living god via storm sorc

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
God dammit, I'm fairly far into the end of Act 2 and my main character can't fucking talk to anyone including my party. Apparently this bug has been in since early release. I've tried all the "fixes" I've seen on the net other than reloading a few hours before it fucking happened.

Anyone have this happen to them and fix it?

Yeah, going back 3 hours fixes it. As someone with limited play time this angers me greatly.
Sucks, same I get an hour or two every other day

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
My luck is shit or something, nothing but constant misses, npc's getting saving throws ect when it says 100%, meanwhile npc's seem to have lucky dice, and rarely miss. Doing chapel near crash, so not far into game, I'm lvl 3, npc's are lvl 2, shouldn't things be working the opposite? If you just have shit luck first few levels, I can get that, and deal with it I suppose. Haven't found any upgrades yet, just vendor loot. After chapel I still have more in first area to explore, so clearly I'm smelling the flowers lol. I'm at default difficulty, do I really have to crank this down to grandma mode?

Not reading any guides at all, not for this game. I usually play some kind of sorc/archer combo or just pure sorc for D&D games, for a little bit of spoiler, any good multi archer options, or just stick to sorc?

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
what the hell is this, how did this guy take 0 damage from my fireball???

View attachment 487214

View attachment 487215

View attachment 487216
Evasion. If you save, no damage from dex save spells.

Evasion​

Prerequisite(s): Dexterity 13 or higher, Perception proficiency

You can nimbly dodge out of the way of certain area effects, such as a red dragon’s fiery breath or a fireball spell. When you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, and only half damage if you fail.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Try turning off karmic dice in the options.
I'll try, last attempt i just did 3 level 2 npc's just raped my party, even when I do hit them, it's low damage rolls, npcs seem to always roll high. I managed to kill the mage and rogue, the last dude just went hulk mode, couldn't hit him for much, and went around 1 shotting the survivors. Shit, I'd expect this in some high level dangerous place, not from a handful of grave robbers in the tutorial. Going multiple rounds not landing anything, while npc's wreck you over multiple saves kinda sucks, I have to be doing something wrong, maybe I should do some basic reading.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Try turning off karmic dice in the options.

Is this a big thing? I checked and apparently I have it on the whole time. A quick glance just made me think it prevents me from just getting bad luck streaks, but sounds like it prevents good luck streaks too.

And reading around a bit more, turning it off, seems to help a higher AC character more? 3 of my characters are in heavy armor with 20+ AC and they still get walloped.

That thorm fella in act 2, one rounded my PC and all my characters still seem to take a lot of damage, despite good AC values.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So ran into my first game breaking bug.

I'm in the colony in moonrise tower, and found Mizora in a pod. Had saved my game a bit prior. Chose the option to destroy her, didn't realize it would evaporate Wyll, and I guess I forgot that was part of this contract. Was kind of funny, but decided to load my previous save and break her out. Well now she's not there and if you try to interact with the pod your character simply freeze even though it says that they've initiated conversation. It's like she's just removed from the game. Tried a couple of earlier saves and did some different stuff within the area before going and trying it again and no dice.

So be aware.

• 1Rustled

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Why are game journalists hating on this game? Watched Razorfist's video about it and I still don't get it. Is it really because they want it to be more censored? I can't imagine a Baldur's Gate would be the height of gender/racial insensitivity. Does it show a boob? Are the female characters actually attractive?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So ran into my first game breaking bug.

I'm in the colony in moonrise tower, and found Mizora in a pod. Had saved my game a bit prior. Chose the option to destroy her, didn't realize it would evaporate Wyll, and I guess I forgot that was part of this contract. Was kind of funny, but decided to load my previous save and break her out. Well now she's not there and if you try to interact with the pod your character simply freeze even though it says that they've initiated conversation. It's like she's just removed from the game. Tried a couple of earlier saves and did some different stuff within the area before going and trying it again and no dice.

So be aware.

I honestly forgot all about her and wyll(since I dont use him). I was doing act 2, and went into the final battle, and the narrator was like "oh yeah, you didn't rescue so and so and now they are both dead". Get back to camp after the fight and just a pile of ash with all wylls stuff in it. oops :p

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why are game journalists hating on this game? Watched Razorfist's video about it and I still don't get it. Is it really because they want it to be more censored? I can't imagine a Baldur's Gate would be the height of gender/racial insensitivity. Does it show a boob? Are the female characters actually attractive?

It has full nudity if you turn it on for cut scenes. If you don't want to see it, turn it off. Problem solved. So journalist are just dumb as usual, or trying to get clicks.

Or if you are really thirsty, you can take your characters clothes off, choose to show camp clothes in the world, and run around naked while still having the AC/bonuses of armor.

The armors looks pretty good though imo. Especially in cut scenes.

• 1Worf