Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I honestly forgot all about her and wyll(since I dont use him). I was doing act 2, and went into the final battle, and the narrator was like "oh yeah, you didn't rescue so and so and now they are both dead". Get back to camp after the fight and just a pile of ash with all wylls stuff in it. oops :p
I've been rotating party members in and out based upon their personal quests and whether they're involved with something in the area. You're trying to rescue his dad afterall, and it makes sense he'd be there. I only used Halsin once to do the shit with the forest kid. Brought the gith lady to the monestary so she could do her thing there. It makes it fun to at least try out different characters for different challenges.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been rotating party members in and out based upon their personal quests and whether they're involved with something in the area. You're trying to rescue his dad afterall, and it makes sense he'd be there. I only used Halsin once to do the shit with the forest kid. Brought the gith lady to the monestary so she could do her thing there. It makes it fun to at least try out different characters for different challenges.

I could do this, but then I have to go through and respect each one, move gear around to each one. Just ugh. I am probably missing quite a bit of the game, as I just keep laezel, shadowheart and astarion since basically the start. I am shocked gale and karlach are still just sitting in my camp. I think the druid left and I got the one in act 2 killed. And wyll died.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I could do this, but then I have to go through and respect each one, move gear around to each one. Just ugh. I am probably missing quite a bit of the game, as I just keep laezel, shadowheart and astarion since basically the start. I am shocked gale and karlach are still just sitting in my camp. I think the druid left and I got the one in act 2 killed. And wyll died.
I've been running Shadowheart, Astarion, and I'll swap the last based on whether I think they're involved in the story. That may change based upon how the game pans out.

Did manage to fix the issue. Just had to restart the game. Also managed to get Wyll a badass rapier.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Why are game journalists hating on this game? Watched Razorfist's video about it and I still don't get it. Is it really because they want it to be more censored? I can't imagine a Baldur's Gate would be the height of gender/racial insensitivity. Does it show a boob? Are the female characters actually attractive?

1) The ones who are friends with the Indie Cabal and/or get invited to the AAA cocktail parties are upset that Larian set the bar high and devs will have to actually put forth effort on similar kinds of games going forward.
2) Game's difficulty is pretty high (at least in the sense it is not at all forgiving to people that want to Leroy everything outside of the lowest difficulty), and most journos don't appreciate a challenge. See people bitching about Cuphead.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They're journalists. Refer to Mario's wisdom on journalists and you will have your answer.

Yes. I unironically think journalism should be illegal and punishable by death. "Journalists" have done irreparable and innumerable damage to society and I sincerely wish every single one would drown in their own piss.

Journalists are the single worst class of people that exists.
Well now I know it was a good decision. All journalists should be in gulags.
If I was in a gas chamber with 6 million Jews, one reporter, and a gun with 6 million bullets, I'd shoot the journalist 6 million times.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Why are game journalists hating on this game? Watched Razorfist's video about it and I still don't get it. Is it really because they want it to be more censored? I can't imagine a Baldur's Gate would be the height of gender/racial insensitivity. Does it show a boob? Are the female characters actually attractive?

Because when everyone praises something, the person who shits on it gets attention. Rage bait meta is strong right now

On an unrelated note, in act 3 I saved some shop keeper and he gave me some good discount on cool transmog items. Gave Shadowheart some new threads

1692419348734.png

• 12Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 12 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
What vidja cards are people using that are completely satisfied with performance? My GTX 1080 is finally not up to snuff, especially when near building with lots of items that are also on fire. That one part of Act 1 just causes performance to crater and I would like it to not.

• 1Faggotry

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
What vidja cards are people using that are completely satisfied with performance? My GTX 1080 is finally not up to snuff, especially when near building with lots of items that are also on fire. That one part of Act 1 just causes performance to crater and I would like it to not.
4090. Though at max settings (4k) that too gets performance hits at the end of act 2, but act 3 is supposedly a lot worse. Memory leak or somesuch. Just hit the opening of act 3 yesterday so can't comment on that yet.

My luck is shit or something, nothing but constant misses, npc's getting saving throws ect when it says 100%, meanwhile npc's seem to have lucky dice, and rarely miss. Doing chapel near crash, so not far into game, I'm lvl 3, npc's are lvl 2, shouldn't things be working the opposite? If you just have shit luck first few levels, I can get that, and deal with it I suppose. Haven't found any upgrades yet, just vendor loot. After chapel I still have more in first area to explore, so clearly I'm smelling the flowers lol. I'm at default difficulty, do I really have to crank this down to grandma mode?

Not reading any guides at all, not for this game. I usually play some kind of sorc/archer combo or just pure sorc for D&D games, for a little bit of spoiler, any good multi archer options, or just stick to sorc?

Since this is the very opening of the game I won't spoiler this.

In the chapel (it was more apparent in early access) it's the tutorial fight so to speak on environmental combat. There are two ways into it. One, you lockpick the door at the beach or at the top of the chapel. Those are the hard mode way in. Or you break in through the top outside of the chapel, where you shoot the rock pillar suspended on a rope and it breaks the floor, you can jump down that hole and it activates the fight.

The fight activates with a door to the room you jump down in opening. Right outside the door, where all the enemies are, there are barrels. Blow them up with a fire cantrip or something and it kills several of the enemies. In early access, there were so many barrels it killed everyone but one. So it was very apparent that it was a "oh this is what you're supposed to do".

On tactician there were only two barrels (not sure if there are more barrels on the other difficulty settings), so the fight was a bit harder. If you go in through the chapel by the locked doors, you enter different paths and that fight becomes much harder due to you entering the place where all those enemies are from a different room and the placement of the mobs won't be right on top of the barrels.

For the chapel fights, La'zel / 2h melee really helps since she hits hard with 2h. You should be able to find her, Astarion, Gale and Shadowheart before doing chapel. Sorc is fine and a great class, just make sure for cantrips that you get the fire one. Overall it's so much more useful than any other cantrip in the game. Also, for early game, make sure to put on crossbos / bows on every character. Really helps since your spell arsenal is limited, and mobs hit so hard compared to low hp that being in melee range isn't advicable. Not sure Astarion hit a mob with his daggers until level 4.

Karmic dice should actually help with constant misses / rolls, as the reason people turn that off is because it forces good/negative after X amount of rolls. So people found out that enemies crit you around 3x more with it on, since they get more lucky rolls.

I've played on tactician with dice off all the way so far, and rarely get party wipes. You won't find that much loot / good gear early on. It's a slow grind to find things and equip all characters.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My luck is shit or something, nothing but constant misses, npc's getting saving throws ect when it says 100%, meanwhile npc's seem to have lucky dice, and rarely miss. Doing chapel near crash, so not far into game, I'm lvl 3, npc's are lvl 2, shouldn't things be working the opposite? If you just have shit luck first few levels, I can get that, and deal with it I suppose. Haven't found any upgrades yet, just vendor loot. After chapel I still have more in first area to explore, so clearly I'm smelling the flowers lol. I'm at default difficulty, do I really have to crank this down to grandma mode?

Not reading any guides at all, not for this game. I usually play some kind of sorc/archer combo or just pure sorc for D&D games, for a little bit of spoiler, any good multi archer options, or just stick to sorc?
i'd try karmic dice, that might help you out. also note that there's no such thing as 100% chance for something because rolling a natural 1 is always an autofail, and a natural 20 is always an auto succeed, so the highest hit chance you can get is 95%. but there's also feats and class abilities that can mess with those chances even further. halflings reroll natural 1's for example.

as for sorcerer/archer type build, you're kind of gimping yourself because sorcerers use CHA to hit with their spells and bows use DEX. so a sorcerer will generally have a better chance to hit with a firebolt or ray of frost or whatever cantrip you're using. on top of that, cantrips level up at character (not class) level 5 and 11, so firebolt at lvl 1 does 1d10 fire damage. at lvl 5 it does 2d10, and at 11 it does 3d10. so unless you're leveling a martial class that gets extra attacks your firebolt should be your go to attack. if you want to use magic AND bows, you could try either an eldritch knight (fighter subclass) or an arcane trickster (rogue subclass)

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I loved D:OS and D:OS2, but this game is on another level. It's incredible, really.

I think I just found a pretty bad bug/exploit.

Near the end of Act2, when you have to either let Balthazar take Nightsong or kill him, I was getting my ass handed to me in that fight against him and like 30 undead. Then, in an attempt to start in a better position, while my main dude was talking to him, I switched to Lae'zel and positioned her sneaking, behind him. Once everyone was in position, I attacked him with Lae'zel and he just stood there, still stuck in the conversation. I figured he would just keep healing back up, but he just stood there and I killed him and the quest progressed per normal. None of his fight even spawned. I feel like a cheesedick for it, but fuck that guy!

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Running a 2070 Super till it dies and I force myself to spend a way over fair market price amount on a new one (copium)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I just completed my first playthrough this morning. I'll probably put it down for a bit as I put about 120 hours into as close as 100%ing as I could with the choices/sidequests I had available. I haven't read more than a handful of posts in this thread, but it seems like everyone's on the same page as far as the quality and abundance of content they've packed into the game. There are surprisingly few bugs in the final acts compared to D:OS2, but there definitely were some.

1692460062517.png

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
How does one manage inventory in this game. I feel like I have an ass ton of various clickies I’m not taking advantage of because it’s just too cumbersome to find shit. Maybe because I’ve pickpocketed every vendor bone dry but it feels like I have more damage clickies from items than I do from my characters spell slots it’s nuts (lots of buff items too but those are even more of a decision to use as you lose the buff on unequip).

So I’m very slowly making my way thru moonrise, my goal is to kill the entire place using just sneak attacks in closed off rooms , or using illusions to scatter npcs and lure them to edges then shove them to their demise. I’ve cleared about 50% of the place now and I’m still not kos lol. However my main char became ‘enemy of justice’ somehow and this seems like some kind of permanent debuff which fucking sucks. I’ve had to leave her in camp because she became kos and I’ve just continued clearing the place using the other 3 ppl in my party. How do I get rid of this enemy of justice debuff??

• 1Worf

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I cam across two bugs so far. Other than that I had no issues with the game so far and totally loving it.
One with the hag when you beat her and you have the option to free the girl, lety the hag keep her for a +1 ability score, or free her and get the ability score together or kill her. If you choose free her and get the ability score the UI bugs out and you can't choose the reward. Another bug I encountered was right before the Nere fight in the Grymforge. He was kicking my ass so I decided to respec a companion. So I ported to my camp respeced a companion and left the camp and when I got to the area to fight Nere everyone was dead including him.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I cam across two bugs so far. Other than that I had no issues with the game so far and totally loving it.
One with the hag when you beat her and you have the option to free the girl, lety the hag keep her for a +1 ability score, or free her and get the ability score together or kill her. If you choose free her and get the ability score the UI bugs out and you can't choose the reward. Another bug I encountered was right before the Nere fight in the Grymforge. He was kicking my ass so I decided to respec a companion. So I ported to my camp respeced a companion and left the camp and when I got to the area to fight Nere everyone was dead including him.

That 2nd thing isnt a bug iirc. It's part of that area. If you go to camp or timer runs out , the room they are all in is poisoned and they all die. I think it starts when nere whispers to you as you enter grymforge that the room is rigged or something. It happened to me. I got there and they were just all dead already and i just looted bodies. Didn't get to complete save the gnomes quest or use the vial explosive stolen from the one gnome to blow up the blockage to get to nere.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users