Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
patch out for BG3. the notes won't load right now for me but the blurb had this which made me laugh:

"Patch 1 also tackles a few visual bugs, and sprinkles on more post-launch polish. We’re bringing back Short King Summer with better kissing contact for short races!"

apparently gnomes couldn't kiss anyone. they just kissed thigh or something? heh
May have been posted here earlier but don't remember if I saw it here or elsewhere:

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If he was a female it would have blue hair and bitching about women rights and CIS white men racism and all that bullshit. And the more you watch him the more your eyes roll into the back of your head.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
If he was a female it would have blue hair and bitching about women rights and CIS white men racism and all that bullshit. And the more you watch him the more your eyes roll into the back of your head.
Only the me I ever watched him was for a review of Monster Hunter.

Edit: thanks for the clarification!

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Why do so many hate that Cohh guy?
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

Maul

Dental Dammer
Can’t believe I’m agreeing with cuck Cohh
Yeah I'm just experiencing this now, missed the shadow heart sex scene in the water but somehow she's asking me about learning to swim now? I think it's because I banged mizora the night before and bugged the shit out of the game, Mizora was worth it though!

Act 3 feels like it's been made by a totally different company and I've stagnated on finishing because it's so unpolished.

• 3Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
i can see why the level capped at 12. lol even at 11 some of the spells just start getting nuts. shadowhearts planar ally is just nuts, basically gives you an extra and OP party member

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm just experiencing this now, missed the shadow heart sex scene in the water but somehow she's asking me about learning to swim now? I think it's because I banged mizora the night before and bugged the shit out of the game, Mizora was worth it though!

Act 3 feels like it's been made by a totally different company and I've stagnated on finishing because it's so unpolished.
This is actually a step up for Larian! It is usually only Act 1 that is polished and the rest feels like a different game. This time they only made three acts and polished two of them. See, Progress!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well the bad marks for this game are (when compared to Baldur's Gate 1/2/TOB):
  1. Insufficient spread of companions. While the ones you get are mostly well done it is very clear they spent much more time on Astarion and Shadowheart compared to others. Lack of class spread is of course supplemented by reclassing being directly in the narrative. But you had a massive companion roster in the previous games. Yes some were more fleshed out than others there too.
  2. Inconsistency through the acts. Act 1 amazing, Act 2 really really good, Act 3... well it has issues. Old series was consistent beginning to end.
  3. 5E I was not too familiar with before playing it here. It definitely has problems. It feels very streamlined and lacks the complexities of previous editions. 2E and 3.5E will forever be near to my heart.
Just my retarded opinion though.

• 4Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I will add that, while BG2 had but didn't use it in the base game, 5E would very much benefit from higher level complexity of Spell Contingency, Sequence, and so on. Gives the game design room to breathe in higher level encounters as you don't just have earthshattering spell drops on everything but can kind of play around it. Counterpsell here is a low complexity example of it.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Think on my next playthrough I will give this build a try. I was using water spell and Shadowheart's (I respeced her to Tempest domain) lightning damage based spells but this takes it further with Eldrith Blast.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Curious, has anyone just killed all the companions and attempted solo?

That even an option?

I've seen a lot of solo videos. They just tell the companions to wait in camp. Sure most are just from act1, where people have it memorized. But I have seen some that go into later acts also.

The thing I noticed though is it requires basically carrying, using, switching out items constantly to get certain stats, spells, and do certain things. And probably a lot of save scumming, so you know when to switch in say str stat weapon, the int headband, dex gloves etc. Also knowing when you are about to go in combat and making sure you get the surprise for double turn or talking to get out of combat, then starting the fight afterwards for the surprise.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Think on my next playthrough I will give this build a try. I was using water spell and Shadowheart's (I respeced her to Tempest domain) lightning damage based spells but this takes it further with Eldrith Blast.

Still dont like casters in this game.IMO they take way to fucking long to come online. YOure basically babysitting this dude until act 3 lol. And once they do, ok, they do AOE dmg is like the only thing they have going for them which is highly situational. Any properly built melee/thief/archer can dish out tons of dmg as well.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Still dont like casters in this game.IMO they take way to fucking long to come online. YOure basically babysitting this dude until act 3 lol. And once they do, ok, they do AOE dmg is like the only thing they have going for them which is highly situational. Any properly built melee/thief/archer can dish out tons of dmg as well.
I rarely use aoe spells at all. Mostly loads of MM and Walls.

Speaking of AoE, I have finally ran into a bug/crash that I can replicate. Apparently this game, or my pc, really hates when you drop a Blade Barrier on top of other effects.. or at least burning ground.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wizard started becoming great at 5. Swiss army knife of the group. CC early game also got me out of some tough situations