Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I rarely use aoe spells at all. Mostly loads of MM and Walls.

Speaking of AoE, I have finally ran into a bug/crash that I can replicate. Apparently this game, or my pc, really hates when you drop a Blade Barrier on top of other effects.. or at least burning ground.
Blade barrier seems really shitty. When I picked it up on Shadowheart, I was stoked. Cast it vs Raphael, and it didn't do a damn thing other than some initial damage, but it wasn't some massive barrier. Haven't screwed with it again, but something was wonky, and it's nothing like other games or tabletop. Think I'll respect her and send the gay angel planar ally at my enemies instead.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Blade barrier seems really shitty. When I picked it up on Shadowheart, I was stoked. Cast it vs Raphael, and it didn't do a damn thing other than some initial damage, but it wasn't some massive barrier. Haven't screwed with it again, but something was wonky, and it's nothing like other games or tabletop. Think I'll respect her and send the gay angel planar ally at my enemies instead.
Some summons in the game are very strong. I didn't use the two undead summoning spells much, but the Necromancy of Thay book's spell you get summons 6 ghouls that can paralyze almost every enemy in the game. The Planar Angle's smite does some decent damage and the upcasted (to 6) elementals (myrmidon) all have some bonus thing they can do (water can AoE heal, air can AoE silence, Fire does extra dmg, never used earth). They also, of course, soak up enemy attention and damage.

Combine that with the 1 free cast illithid power, that refreshes on short rest, and you still have some level 6 spells to cast on other things.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I'm just experiencing this now, missed the shadow heart sex scene in the water but somehow she's asking me about learning to swim now? I think it's because I banged mizora the night before and bugged the shit out of the game, Mizora was worth it though!

Act 3 feels like it's been made by a totally different company and I've stagnated on finishing because it's so unpolished.

This is my guess. They worked on act one for quite a while and was released in october 2020 and was EA players. They probably started act 2 when 1 was released and they fixed act one while working on classes and they rushed act 3 when they decided that it was time to ship.

Last edited:

Goonsquad Officer
act 3 is packed with tons of shit to do, it just has....strange pacing where it gives you quests early on. taht you cannot do in the first area. and then makes those take forever in the same quest chain. it has strange pacing without much direction. and it's rather laggy and it does have more bugs per quest/area than previous.

it does need a lil QA love. and really should have had a few moments of pow-wow between teh characters deciding on a course of action. and then other things happening based upon. etc. rather than just being a giant stew.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I’ll jump back in next year when it’s polished to the tits and Act 3 is finished/in line with previous 2 acts. Still, had a great time and will remember the game well but the endings soured tf out of me and have had zero interest to play another run.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished this at just a little over 90 hours. I never reloaded unless party died, so I lived with the consequences of my actions, not all of which were what I would have wished for. I just personally like reloaded if the outcome of roll or a choice isn't perfect, I find it's part of what make this game great...consequences.

While the 3rd time is not as good as the previous two, and there are some bugs/issues, this still is one of the best game I've played which is a testament of just how awesome it is, that even with a somewhat unfinished 3rd act it's still awesome.

I will wait for a few patches before I do a replay but I definitely will at some point, so many things I wish I had done differently.

My biggest regret was not being able to prevent Isobel from being kidnapped in act 2, this led to the Inn being overcome by the shadow and it fucked up so many things for me.

I had to killed everyone, including the smith that was fixing Karlach's engine, so in the end after winning the fight, she died burning up because I couldn't fix her engine. She was one of my favorite companion, well written and well voiced acted so I was sad at that scene.

The falling to save Isobel, also led to Halsin dying and me not being able to remove the shadow's influence from the area. It also ended like 2-3 side quests I had going at that point.

So yeah that sucked pretty bad overall.

I didn't use Gale, and forgot to feed him loot, and he eventually left my party to go on his own, so pretty much missed his entire storyline, so definitely looking to using him on a future playthrough.

I freed Orpheus and at the end, Lea'zel left on a red dragon to join him on freeing his people, again it was somewhat emotional to see her mount on her red dragon that she wanted since you met her. I liked her quite a bit. She was an interesting character.

In the end, I decided that living as an Iliithid wasn't safe, so I took my life. So hopefully there's no DLC because I'm dead. :)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’ll jump back in next year when it’s polished to the tits and Act 3 is finished/in line with previous 2 acts. Still, had a great time and will remember the game well but the endings soured tf out of me and have had zero interest to play another run.

This will be me. I have 110 hours so far and almost done. But I can't see myself jumping back in right away to do it all again. Especially getting all the little clickies, specific items and my usual behavior of opening every container in case I miss something.

I figure a year or so, to let my brain mostly forget it, maybe something new will be there and do a completely different MC then I did, will be fresh enough.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Last I loaded the game, it kept crashing over and over about 5 minutes in. Not even sure what the issue is. Drivers and all of that troubleshooted. I can start a new game and play it just fine, so.. its something about that particular play through.

So yea, Ive been letting the game sit while it gets patches. I havent tried the most recent update, but Im not hearing good things about Act 3's stability.. so its just kind of sad really. Im sure some DLC or something will come out for the game soon enough and itll only come out when they feel confident about the base game - so thatll be my queue to play it again.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
end of act 3 spoilers

lmao this soundtrack for the Raphael fight is straight Disney.

Also listening to it while Minsc is hasted and popped Wholeness of Body and punches like, 12 times a round. With perilous stakes he's getting fuuucked

1693092222630.png

1693092439329.png

ip-man-wing-chun.gif

edit whaatt the fuck like Minsc needed to have any bigger of an umarmed dick, lmao he's now S++ rank

1693092710060.png

Last edited:

Burns

end of act 3 spoilers

lmao this soundtrack for the Raphael fight is straight Disney.

Also listening to it while Minsc is hasted and popped Wholeness of Body and punches like, 12 times a round. With perilous stakes he's getting fuuucked

View attachment 488183

View attachment 488184

ip-man-wing-chun.gif

edit whaatt the fuck like Minsc needed to have any bigger of an umarmed dick, lmao he's now S++ rank

View attachment 488186
That music is defiantly the best in the game, and probably one of the most memorable in the past 15 years!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

It reminded me of when the Bad Bird sang in Rio.
It does sound a bit like that too. I went more old school but defiantly Disney-esque, it gave me Jaffar from Aladdin-ish vibes:

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still dont like casters in this game.IMO they take way to fucking long to come online.
Storm Sorc / Tempest Cleric is about as strong as they come at level 3, then just keeps getting better and better.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My NPCs are starting to call me "Ribs", on account of my OCD condition of checking every ribcage either though I think i've never found anything of value ever in one.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
My NPCs are starting to call me "Ribs", on account of my OCD condition of checking every ribcage either though I think i've never found anything of value ever in one.

Hey those bones are worth 1g each to a vendor..... which doesn't matter because I stole all of their stuff and their gold anyway.

... I may have a problem.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Loving this game, have about 30 hours logged and Im deep in the Underdark talking to a mindflayer when all of a sudden my game glitches out. I can move all the characters but not interact with the world in any way. Okay, the game had just autosaved so I will just reload...Can't bring up the main menu, okay I will CTRL+ALT+DELETE and log back in. So I proceed to exit the game, relaunch the game and when the main menu screen comes up....there is NO Continue or Load Saved Game options...only the NEW GAME button is pressable..WTF!!!

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Loving this game, have about 30 hours logged and Im deep in the Underdark talking to a mindflayer when all of a sudden my game glitches out. I can move all the characters but not interact with the world in any way. Okay, the game had just autosaved so I will just reload...Can't bring up the main menu, okay I will CTRL+ALT+DELETE and log back in. So I proceed to exit the game, relaunch the game and when the main menu screen comes up....there is NO Continue or Load Saved Game options...only the NEW GAME button is pressable..WTF!!!

Is it through steam? Can you check the synch on cloud games and see if they re-upload?