Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Our group of three just got to BG last night. Immediately had a wild ride in the Interplanar Carnival. One of the most fun sessions yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Our group of three just got to BG last night. Immediately had a wild ride in the Interplanar Carnival. One of the most fun sessions yet.
Really wish there would be an option in the A1 windmill dialogue where if you fail, the goblins string you up next to the gnome and then let 'er fly. I've always wondered where his corpse goes

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Little disappointed, playing through and decided to romance Astarion, right before I went to camp knowing he'd come over I decided to mirror swap and change my hole to a pole. No change in the dialogue or anything.

Bunch of whores in this game, seriously.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's nice watching Moonmoon playing this game now. He just started on Thursday. He's a huge DND nerd.

He's opened up some things I've missed, and showed me some thing too. He also missed some things. He's playing on Tactical.

This game needs at least a couple of varied runs before you get to all the content which is awesome.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Tavern Brawler is just OP’d, sure for open hand monks, but efficiency wise, throwing builds

Cloud Giant Elixer or Bloodlust, not sure the most efficient, but its easy to accumulate BLEs in Act I, CGEs take a bit more effort in A1

I was trying to get more utility out of Laz then Champion with Silver Sword, messing with a Eldritch Knight, which led to the inevitable throwing strategy-abandoned Eldritch Knight on her when I realized the Trident wasn’t a Polearm (trying to use the three feats for Polearm Hijinks i.e Polearm Mastery + Sentenil) so went for the classic zerker + 2 levels in war cleric for the extra war priest (respec @ 8 for three into Rogue for second bonus).

So after witnessing the Return Pike just completely outclass a Legendary Sword in Act I, I realized my LD build on Shadow Heart, being pretty much complete @ 5 means, I could consider a throwing secondary strat. Oh look at that Selune’s Spear is throwable… and Polearm Hijinks are back on the menu, if the board isn’t wiped in the first round (5 LD 6 EK) for 3 feats. And if I really wanted to min/max I could do this build on Haslin for the +3 movment speed innate misty step…

Of course then I’m asking myself why don’t I go EK/TB on all my guys without homing throwables (Pike, Hammer, Trident?) . Of course I’m sure this would trivialize every encounter…

Last edited:

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
167 hours deep into act 3 - guess I'll wrap this up this week. I'm running out of new places to explore and maxxed cap so exp is meaningless. This is one of those games you do not want to end.

• 3Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really hopeful the mod game kicks into high gear on it, even better if they'd put it in the steamshop so it wasn't such a chore to load it onto a steamdeck.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Really hopeful the mod game kicks into high gear on it, even better if they'd put it in the steamshop so it wasn't such a chore to load it onto a steamdeck.
Thought multiple times about modding the shit out of it to 'fix' the little niggling issues but every time I almost pull the trigger another patch/hotfix comes out and breaks shit. I'm so close I'm just going to finish and wait for the inevitable 'ultra' edition and mod the hell out of that

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished this. What an excellent game, the way all of the different story elements wove together was very well done.

House of Hope was the standout for me.. Raphael was a great character and his theme song was fantastic.

Hardest part of the game for me was letting Karlach explode - but it's what she wanted ultimately and so I honour her decision!

Worst part of the game was the Emperor noping out to become a minion which made no sense but he was a creepy character anyway and I was happy to have Lae'zel cut his head off.

My party for the whole game was my pally and his harem of badass babes Karlach, Shadowheart and Lae'zel.

Next, on to Starfield.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Just now finished this game. Wow what a ride. My crew , karlach as a fighter, Shadowheart and Jaheira , with my oathbreaker pally were OP at the end. Still some dumb decisions and you can get wiped. This is one of those games you don't want to end and leave you in a funk as you know whatever is next will not be anywhere near as good.

Also , 177 hours played according to Steam: Zero crashes.

Now to go figure out what is next.......

• 3Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
GOTY for sure, in fact prob game of the last 5 yrs if not decade for me. Although I dont play too many games so my opinion might be a bit skewed by that.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Is there a consensus on the board about karmic dice? I'm about 20 hrs in and just realized this was on by default and I'm leaning towards turning it off. Reminds me of juice tricks.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Is there a consensus on the board about karmic dice? I'm about 20 hrs in and just realized this was on by default and I'm leaning towards turning it off. Reminds me of juice tricks.

It's definitely some tricky bullshit. Basically turning it off makes it normal DnD. Keeping it on neuters the effects of high/low AC, as it won't allow "streaks" of miss or hit. So with it on, someone with 8 AC will NOT get hit every single time, the game will force misses occasionally. Similarly, someone with 23 AC will get hit much more often, as some hits that would have been misses will be fudged into hits.

My guess is under the hood, they have hidden bonuses and penalties assigned to each char based on how many times they've been attacked, with the intention of "smoothing" out streaks. Juice tricks.

Personally I keep it off, it's a load of horseshit. I want to be able to raise AC and have it matter, and I don't mind when mobs have high AC and I miss a lot, or if I just roll poorly 5x in a row and miss. That's DnD.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users