Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Fadaar

That guy
Act 3 was fine in the start. Around rivertown, the circus etc. I did all that fine. With only some weird following things, where I had to hit G a few times. But as soon as I hit wyrms crossing crossing from south span, it would just freeze constantly over and over. NPCs walk in place, my followers dont move. I can move around but nothing else works. And the gith guy in raph's room is stuck in that room, he says "follow me to the tap room" but doesn't move. I tried to move him by picking him up, etc, but just stays in that room, says that phrase and never moves. The farther I got into wyrms the most the freezing happened. It felt like bad internet lag in an online game.

The game world froze for almost 3 minutes on the bridge lowering into the cornation area. I ran across no issue but followers just sat there and I stood next to a steel watch entire time , until finally it all started up again and the guard talked to me to welcome me and invite me to the coronation.

Just got there myself and having the same issues. Not like it's a performance problem or anything, game just seems to be trying to figure out wtf to do.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Speaking as a console peasant, on PS5 there are noticeable slowdowns during combat in larger number count fights, especially in the open in Lower City. There are some weird bugs with riding moving platforms and rafts. And of course the party member follow pathing is complete fucking aids especially if you need to jump a gap. Nothing game breaking, unless the platform bug 32ks your party in the Sharr Temple. A few odd UI bugs and just clunkiness here and there. For the raw amount of content its really amazing how few issues there are.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got there myself and having the same issues. Not like it's a performance problem or anything, game just seems to be trying to figure out wtf to do.

Yeah I just stopped playing. I will go back when I see a patch for it. Because its obnoxious. Like I mentioned before, if I just plopped down into area of act 3, with zero knowledge, I would think I was getting latency lag and the connection was dropping for a time before coming back.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah I just stopped playing. I will go back when I see a patch for it. Because its obnoxious. Like I mentioned before, if I just plopped down into area of act 3, with zero knowledge, I would think I was getting latency lag and the connection was dropping for a time before coming back.

I think it's literally just the Fortress area that's shitting itself. You can cheese Voss to get him to move, just did it myself.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it's literally just the Fortress area that's shitting itself. You can cheese Voss to get him to move, just did it myself.

For me it was basically as soon as I entered wyrms crossing. I made it to the coronation area before just giving up. So no clue if it continues to the rest of the city. And yeah my voss was stuck by raph. I tried to pick him and move him, but didn't work for me.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I would wait to see if a collectors came at some time. Something with a figurine or some kind of shelf/desk trinket . As everything in that I personally do not care about.

An awesome mindflayer figurine in a collectors would be sweet. Or I would even take a collection of miniatures, of the companions.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure what it is with this game but I can't get into it. I loved DoS, liked DoS 2 (not as much as the first). I can recognize that BG3 is a good game, but I just can't get into it.

I think the whole resting mechanic bothers me because it essentially gives me fomo. Basically since the world keeps moving every time you rest, you can miss out on events and such. In my most recent play attempt I failed to find the Duke because the quest failed when Counsellor Florrick or whoever it was died in the fire at Waukeen's Rest after I went to the village, but then went elsewhere and rested before actually doing anything in WR. In my attempt to prevent that sort of thing from happening, I tried to basically never rest, which in turn made spell casters virtually useless while simultaneously preventing me from using some of the best melee abilities.

I'm sure there are other ways to complete quests etc, but just that weird fomo feeling ate away at me every time I fired the game up. Never got past act 1

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure what it is with this game but I can't get into it. I loved DoS, liked DoS 2 (not as much as the first). I can recognize that BG3 is a good game, but I just can't get into it.

I think the whole resting mechanic bothers me because it essentially gives me fomo. Basically since the world keeps moving every time you rest, you can miss out on events and such. In my most recent play attempt I failed to find the Duke because the quest failed when Counsellor Florrick or whoever it was died in the fire at Waukeen's Rest after I went to the village, but then went elsewhere and rested before actually doing anything in WR. In my attempt to prevent that sort of thing from happening, I tried to basically never rest, which in turn made spell casters virtually useless while simultaneously preventing me from using some of the best melee abilities.

I'm sure there are other ways to complete quests etc, but just that weird fomo feeling ate away at me every time I fired the game up. Never got past act 1
This bothered me a lot too, even to the point where I chose a party build that had modest sleep requirements (basically used berserkers which were effective without any abilities that required a rest, and were very strong 4 times per rest).

If you don't care about spoilers, I bet there's a list of areas that you can botch from resting. I bet there's not that many...

gak

<Gold Donor>
I think the whole resting mechanic bothers me because it essentially gives me fomo. Basically since the world keeps moving every time you rest, you can miss out on events and such.
A game this vast and with so many options will drive you insane if you try to be a completionist. I hate timed events in video games, if I wanted to be on the clock I'd un-retire. Here's one link that has the time pressures: (just reload the page if it bitches about ad-blocking)

Baldur's Gate 3: All Time-Sensitive Quests in BG3 Listed

But imo don't worry about it too much. I had to reload a savegame to fix a stacking bug, gave random answers to a companion because I forgot what I had said before, and by the end of the conversation I had +2 attitude that I had no clue existed previously...

k.gif

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
A game this vast and with so many options will drive you insane if you try to be a completionist. I hate timed events in video games, if I wanted to be on the clock I'd un-retire. Here's one link that has the time pressures: (just reload the page if it bitches about ad-blocking)

Baldur's Gate 3: All Time-Sensitive Quests in BG3 Listed

But imo don't worry about it too much. I had to reload a savegame to fix a stacking bug, gave random answers to a companion because I forgot what I had said before, and by the end of the conversation I had +2 attitude that I had no clue existed previously...
Thanks for linking that. That list feels about right. Looking through that list the only egregious one I saw is save nere at grymforge.

Obsidian Obsidian I'd still recommend against reading it and just playing the game and accept you're only going to see a portion of the possible endings. Trying to unravel all the possibilities before playing through the game sounds pretty unfun.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thanks for linking that. That list feels about right. Looking through that list the only egregious one I saw is save nere at grymforge.

Obsidian Obsidian I'd still recommend against reading it and just playing the game and accept you're only going to see a portion of the possible endings. Trying to unravel all the possibilities before playing through the game sounds pretty unfun.
The game tells you the big things that are time sensitive. The druids are casting a ritual, but it's slow. So obviously it takes a while, but if it takes a player 10 rests to get the goblin camp done, then they should probably decrease the difficulty. The Grymforge hits you over the head with a message telling you if you rest, someone dies.

In my recent playthrough, I stopping the druid ritual using the alternate method then I did the rest of the map outside of the Underdark and Gobo camp. After that I chain rested until all camp events were done, and I didn't notice any missed events/quest.

Obsidian Obsidian Best to explore the whole druid grove before resting, after that, it should be pretty rare to run into an area where you are going to lose out because of a timer. This is due to outside of the druid grove, a lot of the timed events also require you to trigger the timer, starting the event, by running into the area. I meander/explore a lot and don't think I hit any of the timers in my first playthrough and didn't look at any walkthrough/spoilers. You shouldn't need to even rest that much if you are halfway decent at gaming, it's not a hard game.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Tiny patch 5 dropped. 26gb....
Tons of fixes and QOL features. Added epilogues and two new difficulty modes. Honour mode (Tactician+) and custom, which I assume is similar to the sliders/tweaks you get in Pathfinder.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tiny patch 5 dropped. 26gb....
Tons of fixes and QOL features. Added epilogues and two new difficulty modes. Honour mode (Tactician+) and custom, which I assume is similar to the sliders/tweaks you get in Pathfinder.
Honor mode, if similar to D:OS 1/2, would be hardcore rules. If your party dies your save goes poof, plus additional resists/enhancements to str/hp etc. That oughta be fun.

However, if they still haven't patched in a god damned transmog armor system to the base game, why the hell not. Either built in mod functionality so its not a bitch and a half on a steamdeck, or a simple transmog would be great

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Honor mode, if similar to D:OS 1/2, would be hardcore rules. If your party dies your save goes poof, plus additional resists/enhancements to str/hp etc. That oughta be fun.

However, if they still haven't patched in a god damned transmog armor system to the base game, why the hell not. Either built in mod functionality so its not a bitch and a half on a steamdeck, or a simple transmog would be great

Alongside the new epilogue content come two new game modes, Honour Mode and Custom Mode.

Honour Mode ups the intensity of what was previously our most challenging mode - Tactician - and not only makes the game more difficult in and out of combat, but also introduces over 30 new tweaks to all of Baldur's Gate 3’s boss-fights, with a new Legendary Action system designed to catch players off-guard and increase the challenge. Now, bosses can perform new actions, adding twists and turns to all major fights throughout the game.

When you inevitably die in Honour Mode, you’ll be presented with statistics from your journey, including how long and how far you survived. Should you so choose, you can continue your adventure, which will then disable Honour Mode. But players who do manage to complete the entire game with Honour Mode enabled without dying will be awarded the coveted Golden D20.

The Golden D20 stands as a testament to your gaming skill, earning you such admiration that people may willingly kneel before you, offering to serve as a footrest while you continue your awesome pursuits of being a hardcore gamer.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
more excited for custom mode than honour mode. Hardcore rules don't really interest me as much as making the game so ballcrushingly hard that you have to try difficult encounters several times before you git gud enough to defeat them.

Have they been nerfing OP builds? There were so many ways to break BG3 when I played it in the first few weeks after release.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Act 3 lag/freezing fixed? All I care about at this point, so I can actually finish my 2nd play through when I get bored of SoD.

Edit: Hmm all I can find in the notes is this :

-Many performance improvements, particularly in Act III.

I do see a fix for Voss in act3 at least finally.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I finished Lords of the Fallen and did tons of side stuff

Couldn't even force myself thru act 1 on this

Idk maybe the difficulty bump will help

Last edited:
  • 1Pathetic

Cybsled

Have they been nerfing OP builds? There were so many ways to break BG3 when I played it in the first few weeks after release

Looks like this patch nerfed tavern brawler throw damage

• 3Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users