Banshee

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Banshee

Genre: Crime, Drama

First aired: 2013-01-11

Creator: David Schickler, Jonathan Tropper

Cast: Lili Simmons, Matt Servitto, Ivana Miličević, Antony Starr, Frankie Faison, Ryann Shane, Ulrich Thomsen, Tom Pelphrey, Chris Coy, Hoon Lee, Matthew Rauch

Overview: Banshee is an American drama television series set in a small town in Pennsylvania Amish country and features an enigmatic ex-con posing as a murdered sheriff who imposes his own brand of justice while also cooking up plans that serve his own interests.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 142229[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Banshee[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2013-01-11[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Banshee is an American drama television series set in a small town in Pennsylvania Amish country and features an enigmatic ex-con posing as a murdered sheriff who imposes his own brand of justice while also cooking up plans that serve his own interests.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

It airs this Friday on Cinemax. From the guy who created Trueblood. Sounds like it has potential.

http://www.cinemax.com/banshee/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee_(TV_series)

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just watched the first episode. I think it has some serious potential. I enjoyed it.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Based on those stellar reviews I will watch the first episode as well. For I hear it has serious potential.

Golt_sl

shitlord
The potential was serious. I've seen the first episode and enjoyed it, so far all of the cinemax shows i've seen follow a good guideline: uncensored violence, nudity, some fun action and a bit of camp mixed in. Hasn't failed so far, after watching Strike Back and Hunted, looking forward to following this series out. Friends already have ongoing bets when certain female leads are going to get naked in the show, lol.

Bane_sl

shitlord
I've got the first three episodes on DVD from our Max rep at work. Will sit down with them tonight. Potential Level? Serious.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Due to Cedar Fever here in Austin, I had to watch it twice. Enjoyed it both times.

Potential.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last night was another good episode. Really enjoyed the Amish girl lol. It's shaping up to be a pretty interesting show overall

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last night was my favorite episode so far. Hood is really winning me over haha. That fight scene was pretty awesome. This show is shaping up nicely.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
That episode was great and I'm really digging this show so far. That was one of the coolest fight scenes I've ever seen on a show in a while.

The shows got alot of wtf moments and things that would never happen, but the whole premise of the show is ridiculous anyways so I just enjoy the ride.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
liked the first episode, thought the 2nd episode was kinda meh, but the 3rd ep was great.
at first i was thinking wtf every time the sheriff pulled some stupid shit, but then he was 15 years behind bars, i guess that can really fuck you up

anyone taking bets on deva being his daugther?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
liked the first episode, thought the 2nd episode was kinda meh, but the 3rd ep was great.
at first i was thinking wtf every time the sheriff pulled some stupid shit, but then he was 15 years behind bars, i guess that can really fuck you up

anyone taking bets on deva being his daugther?
haha I was totally thinking that.. He alluded to it with her age early on. I bet it is.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Every episode makes me feel like it has more potential. I like seeing all the connections between characters and the layers they provide. Not sure about long term, but at least 2 seasons will be good.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great show, I'd put it up there with Hunted and well above Strike Back for Cinemax shows. Hopefully Cinemax keeps this up, HBO and Showtime have barely had anything of interest to me in quite a while.

Both this and Hunted have been renewed for a second season too.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
not sure how i feel bout the show but the amish girl is beautiful

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Two episodes in and all I can think is: Is it a rule these days that every protagonist must have some snarky super hacker at the beck and call? Also, this is weirdest tv town that I have seen outside of a SF/Horror program.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoy the show but this week had me a little blah. Acting was pretty terrible. I wasn't feeling the motorcycle gang angle either.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Two episodes in and all I can think is: Is it a rule these days that every protagonist must have some snarky super hacker at the beck and call? Also, this is weirdest tv town that I have seen outside of a SF/Horror program.
That and the whole the protagonist has to be a super bad ass. Kai is pretty much the best part of the show for me.

Rabbit was interesting, but it's hard to believe that he is this super bad guy that can't get anyone killed in prison. It doesn't seem like he wants Lucas alive(as given by all Rabbits people shooting Lucas first before asking questions, etc) so why let him live in prison?

Also wtf Carrie, she met someone and got married like immediately once Lucas went to prison? Why bother saying they had some crazy romance because she didn't give a shit once he was gone apparently.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Also wtf Carrie, she met someone and got married like immediately once Lucas went to prison? Why bother saying they had some crazy romance because she didn't give a shit once he was gone apparently.
She had to get married to cover up the 'da dum !' surprise pregnancy.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database