Barry

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Looking for a new show to binge, Seems like this is a front-runner.
what the fuck are you doing? get on it already

Anthony Carrigan Omg GIF by HBO

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Maybe there will be a Fuches spin off. Has Stephen Root ever been in a leading role? He seems to be a very underrated actor.

• 1Picard

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Succession and this body had pants shifting finales inthe same week

Only defenders are pseudo I tellecutaos trying to feel elite

These were shit

• 1WTF

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Overall that entire last season was a a let down. Seems like they just wanted everything wrapped up and had no clue how to do it, so they went super convoluted with it.

The show also lost the comedy for the most part.

I don't want to say the season was bad. Just...not what I expected.

• 1Edgelord

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Overall that entire last season was a a let down. Seems like they just wanted everything wrapped up and had no clue how to do it, so they went super convoluted with it.

The show also lost the comedy for the most part.

I don't want to say the season was bad. Just...not what I expected.

They definitely had no idea what they were doing with Fuches, Sally, and Hank. Seemed like they were setting things up for them but then abandoned it all and it just ended.

It's like they knew where they were going with Barry/Gene and everyone else was just there to fill screen time

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I think that they were definitely out of idea for Sally and Hank but Fuches' story wrapped up just like it should, he saved someone instead of corrupting them and redeemed himself. Sally was just a weird character to write for after they had her kill the motorcycle guy but they really messed up Hank. Him going gay instead of just metro gangster messed up a lot of the character and left him with little character growth for 2 seasons.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think that they were definitely out of idea for Sally and Hank but Fuches' story wrapped up just like it should, he saved someone instead of corrupting them and redeemed himself.

Except Fuches only "saved someone" from himself. Hank wasn't going to do anything to Sally or the son.

Him demanding Barry just to save Barry from his own demands doesn't make a lot of sense

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Except Fuches only "saved someone" from himself. Hank wasn't going to do anything to Sally or the son.

Him demanding Barry just to save Barry from his own demands doesn't make a lot of sense
Except that is what Fuches always did, he loves Barry no matter how many times Barry fucks him over etc.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Except that is what Fuches always did, he loves Barry no matter how many times Barry fucks him over etc.

Not sure if that's really the case or that Barry ever really "fucked him over." They had a falling out and then made up, but I don't recall there being any theme of Barry doing that repeatedly and Fuches always forgiving him.

Either way, not sure how that explains him rescuing someone who was never in danger or how that's a redemption

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>

He sacrificed his own family to save Barry's, it was alluded to but ended up being solidified as an 11th hour reveal that Fuches just wanted a family to replace his relationship with Barry the entire time. He'd given up on it a few times before to go after Barry but he let it all go in the end and also risked his life to get Barry's son out of the gunfight. Barry fucked him over multiple times by choosing acting, Sally, Gene, everything over Fuches when Fuches saw himself as the father figure and mentor for Barry. He created an army of Barry's because he thought that would make him happy then gave it all up so that the Barry that he actually wanted to look up to him would see what he did. He got to make one call that actually helped Barry instead of helping himself. He ended up being one of the more fleshed out characters in the series although that path could probably have been refined a bit more.

It was all his design but he chose Barry and Barry's happiness over himself in the end

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
He sacrificed his own family to save Barry's, it was alluded to but ended up being solidified as an 11th hour reveal that Fuches just wanted a family to replace his relationship with Barry the entire time. He'd given up on it a few times before to go after Barry but he let it all go in the end and also risked his life to get Barry's son out of the gunfight. Barry fucked him over multiple times by choosing acting, Sally, Gene, everything over Fuches when Fuches saw himself as the father figure and mentor for Barry. He created an army of Barry's because he thought that would make him happy then gave it all up so that the Barry that he actually wanted to look up to him would see what he did. He got to make one call that actually helped Barry instead of helping himself. He ended up being one of the more fleshed out characters in the series although that path could probably have been refined a bit more.

It was all his design but he chose Barry and Barry's happiness over himself in the end

Not sure you're understanding what I'm saying, or if you don't understand what was going on with Sally and Barry's son.

If I kidnap someone and don't kill them, I'm not "saving their life." He didn't go there to "rescue" them, because they were never in any danger from anyone other than Fuches. If Fuches told Hank he didn't want them, Hank would have just let him go. Fuches was the entire driving force behind them being kidnapped.

Nothing he did helped Barry in any way. And what would having a "family of Barrys" and then having them all killed needlessly prove? Barry doesn't even know anything about them. All he knows is Hank took his wife and kid to give to Fuches, then they all died in a pissing contest

You also realize choosing Sally, Gene, etc. over Fuches was all just 1 thing, right? He wanted to stop killing and become an actor. It's a stretch even calling that 1 "fucking him over" much less a lifetime of betrayals

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Not sure you're understanding what I'm saying, or if you don't understand what was going on with Sally and Barry's son.

If I kidnap someone and don't kill them, I'm not "saving their life." He didn't go there to "rescue" them, because they were never in any danger from anyone other than Fuches. If Fuches told Hank he didn't want them, Hank would have just let him go. Fuches was the entire driving force behind them being kidnapped.

Nothing he did helped Barry in any way. And what would having a "family of Barrys" and then having them all killed needlessly prove? Barry doesn't even know anything about them. All he knows is Hank took his wife and kid to give to Fuches, then they all died in a pissing contest

You also realize choosing Sally, Gene, etc. over Fuches was all just 1 thing, right? He wanted to stop killing and become an actor. It's a stretch even calling that 1 "fucking him over" much less a lifetime of betrayals
The woman and child kidnapped by a murderous gangster are not in danger? Interesting take.

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You do understand that the characters do not have the same perspective as the viewer, right?

And? We're talking about Fuches' story arc, not Sally's perspective where the fuck are you even getting that from?

But even then, Hank told Sally it would be up to Fuches what happens to them so you're still wrong even after moving the goal posts for no reason

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fuches flip flopped every episode once things went sideways...he is turning him into the cops one second then once he sees or talks to Barry he protects him. Was his whole thing. Fuches even said to Hank forget the Barry deal if you admit you killed the love of your life, showing that it really wasn't about revenge he just wanted to get a face to face with Barry.