Bartending

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
the fact that you made this thread to ask this question proves that you don't have the social acumen to be a bartender at anywhere other than other than a TGI Fridays. any bar worth working at is going to hire bartenders who have the ability to drive up business -- not some lonely anti-social slob who spent a grand to learn how to make a rum and coke.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
the fact that you made this thread to ask this question proves that you don't have the social acumen to be a bartender at anywhere other than other than a TGI Fridays. any bar worth working at is going to hire bartenders who have the ability to drive up business -- not some lonely anti-social slob who spent a grand to learn how to make a rum and coke.
One Champagne Cocktail comin' right up.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
And let's get one thing out of the way. We're talking about being a bartender here gents, not trying to be the next Elon Musk. I can't believe some of you guys are actually trying to say I won't be able to find a job.... bartending.
Have you ever served/bartended/barbacked before? No? Then yes, you won't be able to find a job bartending (unless as others said, you have connections that hook you up).

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Any place that hires you without any experience is going to be awful. Either terrible management or fucking deadsville where you will make no money.

Hachiman_sl

shitlord
I bartended for 4 years, I started as a bouncer in an Irish Pub. Started by picking up a few bartending shifts when the native irish peeps went to ireland for the holidays. After that a guy who hung out there got me a job at another place (high volume, nightclub). At it's best I made 300 bucks a shift on Friday and Saturday, was a pretty permissive environment so you could drink as long as you handled your shit. Those things, plus bartending being the nuclear option for dating made for some outrageous nights. Long story short, make friends with other bartenders, if you hang out at small places, get to know the owner and then ask for a crappy shift so you can show them you can handle it. Bartending doesn't require much skill, it requires hustle, being able to deal with large numbers of drunk-ish people and most importantly don't lose money. 80% of people drink beer, wine or two drink cocktails. You'll memorize everything else after you've made it twice.