Batman: Arkham Origins

an accordion_sl

shitlord
As the title suggests, the game takes place years before both of the previous Arkham titles when a young, unrefined Batman encounters many supervillains for the first time. On our full cover image below, fans will recognize the assassin Deathstroke, who appears for the very first time in a core Arkham game.
Batman: Arkham Origins releases October 25, 2013 on Wii U, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and PC
1365519223-cov-241-l.jpg

yep

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Seems kind of like a cash grab in between true releases. If it gets good press I'll snag it but I'll wait for reviews on this one.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Evidently, one of the guys in charge worked on the Prototype games, so at least there's some experience there with open world superhero games, and they're still using the engine from Arkham City.

It gives me pause that it's not Rocksteady, but it's too early to be despairing just yet.

Tenks

I liked both the Prototype games but I'm not sure if I'd take his presence as some great thing. The games were fun and then rapidly boring not like they were masterpieces.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems kind of like a cash grab in between true releases. If it gets good press I'll snag it but I'll wait for reviews on this one.
Is there a "true release" already planned or are you just speculating because the game isn't being made by Rocksteady?

I haven't read the article so I don't know if this is explicitly stated or not.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Cash Grab. A Prequel to sell units before the next console launch. Every series is doing it.

Tenks

Is there a "true release" already planned or are you just speculating because the game isn't being made by Rocksteady?

I haven't read the article so I don't know if this is explicitly stated or not.
From what I have heard (not sure if there is solid proof) Rocksteady is making the next "true release"

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I loved Arkham Asylum so much that Arkham City was one of the rare games I ended up preordering. Knowing neither Rocksteady nor Paul Dini is involved in this game means I'll wait for reviews on this one.

From what I have heard (not sure if there is solid proof) Rocksteady is making the next "true release"
It's unknown what Rocksteady is working on. There were some rumors floating around a while ago that they were working on a TMNT game, so perhaps this is WB's way of ensuring there isn't a gap of 4-5 years in the series. Though, it should be noted that WB did reserve several other domains having to do with the Arkham series, so perhaps Rocksteadyisworking on an Arkham game, but WB wants to have more regular releases.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
According to Gamespot, Rocksteady is working on a stylized prequel as well detailing the first encounter with the Joker. It also says earliest release date is early 2014.

Seems pretty odd that these 2 company's are both doing a prequel set to release within 12 months if each other.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I liked both the Prototype games but I'm not sure if I'd take his presence as some great thing. The games were fun and then rapidly boring not like they were masterpieces.
Oh, I'm not saying it means we're guaranteed some incredible game, or anything like that, just that it does raise the chance of getting a game that's decently fun a little, compared to if the team was going into this with no prior experience in this kind of game.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
According to Gamespot, Rocksteady is working on a stylized prequel as well detailing the first encounter with the Joker. It also says earliest release date is early 2014.

Seems pretty odd that these 2 company's are both doing a prequel set to release within 12 months if each other.
One just before PS4/720, one shortly after.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Trailer is out. Pretty, but doesn't tell us much (besides the fact that Deathstroke is awesome still)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Game will be good. Asylum and City were great. Looking forward to this.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
That trailer is a 10 second "teaser" of the trailer coming out on the 20th. Why we started "teasing" trailers, I have no idea. I know this isn't the first and most certainly won't be the last. There must be some research that says you'll catch more people's attention with a half ass trailer and a full trailer that follows.

In any case, after reading the Game Informer article, it's supposedly more of the same with a new detective mini-game to keep things interesting. Definitely a day one purchase for me.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
No Rocksteady, No Ut.

I do not trust Warner Brothers as far as I could throw them.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Conroy has recently tweeted he will be reprising Batman in another upcoming Arkham game rather than Arkham Origins, however this tweet has since been deleted. In June 2013 it was announced that Kevin will not be appearing in Arkham Origins
Game is going to be garbage.