Batman: The Killing Joke (2016)

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Yea, I dunno if you've been following the Injustice comic (It's never been really good, though there are some really tremendous parts to it, and it's definitely gotten worse as it catches up to the start of the game) but crazy shit like killing people happens and paves the way for some nutty shit.

So it sort of shows you how killing would put a hero down a path from which there is no return. That's not to say there's not a point that a smart hero would rein shit in, but once you kill people, you can start validating a lot of things in the name of justice and safety. Injustice was pretty cool for just that reason.

And it's almost hilariously exactly what that clip above illustrates.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And it's almost hilariously exactly what that clip above illustrates.
I love Joker calling out just how much easier it was to manipulate Supes than Bat.

mega-5.jpg

The first 2 years of it at least are definitely worth a read. Just for Harley alone.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I love Joker calling out just how much easier it was to manipulate Supes than Bat.

mega-5.jpg

The first 2 years of it at least are definitely worth a read. Just for Harley alone.
Oh yea, I said in the suicide squad thread that Harley in Injustice has been freaking super cool. Doctoring Lobo into getting him to leave her alone? Badass.

I also really like that it reads more REAL for Superman in Injustice. I always felt like they had stupid reasons or contrived scenarios to keep Superman on the straight and narrow, and in Injustice they seem to let it write itself. Cuz really, why wouldn't a dude with the ability to shoot someone into the sun just straight up murder the people he thinks are terrible? He is in this weird spot where he has all the powers of a god and none of the detachment, and all of the perspective and experience as a mortal without the vulnerabilities.

Superman in Injustice is the closest I've ever gotten to liking that hero. (Even if he's a total twat.)

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Oh god grimlokk make it stop. Fuck. I'm sorry. Whatever I did, just please no more.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wolverin: Origins had the same terrible art style. i wanted to enjoy that series so much but i just could not get past the art. what is it with giving such big stories to TERRIBLE artists?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Wolverine:Originis nothing like that art.

Oh wait. Apparently there is a wolverine origins comic book. Sorry if that's what you meant.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I love it, the voice actors for this have been super hyped in interviews and on twitter. more even than just for the paycheck. This was the first major graphic novel I read and I'm so excited.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it's good to hear conroy and hamil as batman and joker again. i'm really not a fan of the new animated voices they've been using.

Siliconemelons

R for bloody and disturbing images but not nudity? so the west is still like "only anime haz nudez yo" but as typical fashion violence etc. is all good.

but it looks good, till download.