Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not a DC comic nerd but Superman vrs Batman isnt very far fetched to me. In my mind Lex Luthor is the iconic Supes foil. Smart, rich guy. So why wouldnt Batman fit as an adversary?

I'm in for this, but I'm not seeing how it forwards Justice League.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So a 55 year old Batman makes himself an Iron Man suit to fight Superman, and it somehow keeps his head attached to his body when Superman was punching him in the face? Fair enough.

When Batman needed the robotic brace in TDKR I thought it was going to lead towards a full on power suit to beat Bane. Sadly he just learned that he needed to block every now and then.

Caliane

So a 55 year old Batman makes himself an Iron Man suit to fight Superman, and it somehow keeps his head attached to his body when Superman was punching him in the face? Fair enough.

When Batman needed the robotic brace in TDKR I thought it was going to lead towards a full on power suit to beat Bane. Sadly he just learned that he needed to block every now and then.
well, superman wasn't really fighting back at all.

It was a battle of wills more or less. Superman was a stooge and just going through the motions, because he was being blackmailed.
He was just like, "Bruce I have to take you in" and "Bruce was like, Fuck you! I will die first, and fight you with everything I have."
And then he did, up to and including dieing. while superman was just like, "Fine, whatever. have it your way. fucking baby. I swear to god every time. "lets order pizza! ok, pepperoni, sound good everyone.?. and you are like "no pepperoni. Know who liked pepperoni? Joe Chill had some right before he shot my parents. and my parents are DEAAAAAAAAD." we can't even order pizza without you writing a list on how to kill everyone in the room, in case we don't order the pizza you like. why are you even in the Justice league you psychopath?"

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I was just let down when I read that he beat him with kryptonite. Well so fucking what, every man woman child and dog in DC Comics has beaten Superman with kryptonite. You don't have to be the Goddamn Batman to do that, unless your plan is to fake your own death by letting Superman beat on you a bit before you whip out your only real weapon.

EDIT: OOH I get it. In this movie, Batman will INVENT kryptonite.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just don't have much love for him since its really just a ninja with gadgets and a lot of $$, not really a super hero imo(sorry I don't count super preparedness). He's not really alone in this regard, I feel the same way about iron man, green archer etc. I can at least give credit to iron man for being extremely brilliant, since he built and designed all this stuff. Batman(based on the 3 new movies) doesn't build his stuff, its all built for him by his company and he has to be actually told and taught how to use them.

Then you have people like grenlantern that are not really super hero themselves but get superhero powers via a ring.

I think its why people connect so well to batman, its a lot easier to imagine getting rich and learning to fight so you can become batman, then it is to try to pretend you are born on krypton or gain some super hero powers on a genetic level(either via birth or event).

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I like what they're doing. I just wish they weren't building this franchise on the rotten foundation that was Man of Steel.

Superman flick. Batman vs Superman. Justice League. That's solid. That's smart.

WHY ARE YOU LETTING ZACK SNYDER RUN THIS INTO THE GROUND?

iannis

Musty Nester
It has all been leading to this. This one moment etched in time like frost on a windowpane.

PREPARE YOUR WALLETS. THERE IS CASH TO BE GRABBED.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everyone praises Nolan and bashes Synder, everyone wants to see Batman take Superman. Shut up and let them give you exactly that. The recent movies make it totally believable that Superman could get owned.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I dont care to see this at all. Love Batman, Hate Superman. Think superman is the lamest character and hero there is. So this might as well be Batman vs Predator.

wait...Can we just have that movie?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the number one biggest issue with EVERY batman film is that that they do next to nothing to showcase batman's detective skills. batman is sherlock holmes with a cape. THAT'S why he can beat superman.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
I swear to god every time. "lets order pizza! ok, pepperoni, sound good everyone.?. and you are like "no pepperoni. Know who liked pepperoni? Joe Chill had some right before he shot my parents. and my parents are DEAAAAAAAAD." we can't even order pizza without you writing a list on how to kill everyone in the room, in case we don't order the pizza you like. why are you even in the Justice league you psychopath?"
So that's pretty fucking funny

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Movie is going to live and die on who they cast as Batman and how he is portrayed in the movie. The Bale movies set a sort of expectation of how people see Batman in the movies and if this strays to far from that, I don't think people are going to like it.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I really feel like they need to have another Batman movie where we get our new Batman before they do a Batman/Superman movie.

EW is floating Ryan Gosling as a possible Bale replacement, citing that they need someone with the star-appeal of RDJ to go toe-to-toe with Marvel.

khalid

Unelected Mod
The recent movies make it totally believable that Superman could get owned.
Huh? In the last film Batman got his back broke by a normal strength human. Superman on the other hand was thrown across half a city into a safe door and was perfectly fine. They also haven't shown any superdetective Batman or any kind of silly super-preparedness, so at least in movie canon, it would be absurd to see Batman be able to do much of anything to Superman.

Except for lolkryptonite, which is just lame storytelling.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
exactly why they need SOMETHING to showcase detective batman. they have done nothing to do that so far and without it he's just... a psychopath with delusions of granduer

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really feel like they need to have another Batman movie where we get our new Batman before they do a Batman/Superman movie.
I agree with this. Another batman movie, to get used to a new actor and to also show at least some skills that would be able to make him even have a chance at superman.