Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Just finished watching the director's cut, and while it obviously doesn't do anything to fix the shit show that is Lex, it did produce a much more coherent, decent story. I might actually go so far as to call the director's cut a good movie. Not a great one, mind, but a good one.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I think you're just comparing it to the disaster that was the theatrical release. If you look at the directors cut as a stand alone, and not a "better version" of the shit you've already seen, it's still not a good show. There are parts that are entertaining, but it drags on WAY too long. And there isn't any action at all until a little past the mid point. That's a really strange thing for a Super Hero movie.

As an example, here's BvS version of The Avengers:

The Avengers starts off with Tony Stark working on one of his many cars. After 20 minutes, while he's still under that car taking out the stupid bolt for the oil pan, he gets a call from Captain America. So Tony is working on his car with a bluetooth in his ear, and Steve is petting cats at a retirement community or something else old people do. Steve just tells him that the world was better in the past, and Tony laughs it off with a comment about him being a dottering old fool, then they end the call. Suddenly Falcon walks into Tony's garage and starts swooning about how awesome all these cars are. Tony spends a few minutes giving him a tour of the facility, and Falcon has to excuse himself for a moment to use the restroom. In the meanwhile, Black Widow is attending a Battered Women help group, listening to a story about someone that was shoved because Dinner wasn't on the table when her husband got home from work. She had no choice, she just had to kill him for shoving her like that. All of the other women cry and give her a hug of support. Cut to Thor suddenly smashing down onto the ground after a mighty leap. He's in a park helping to prepare the ground for a new tree, but the soil is way too lose so he has to compact it. Everyone thanks him for his help and the park development goes on as planned.

All of this has taken around 55 minutes on the screen, now it's time to introduce the villain. Maybe Taskmaster. He's on a golf course with Tiger Woods and he's doing the exact same shots Tiger is doing (showing off his ability to mimic behavior). And then even more slow shit happens until around an hour twenty, when FINALLY the action starts, and it's pretty cool, even if it doesn't always make a lot of sense.

That is what Batman vs. Superman is. So much for a comic book movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I finally finished it. So if you want to know how you can have a 3 hour movie feel rushed, it is this movie. Like they took two good movies and cut them together into one super long, testably worse movie.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I finally finished it. So if you want to know how you can have a 3 hour movie feel rushed, it is this movie. Like they took two good movies and cut them together into one super long, testably worse movie.
This was my major problem with the movie--it wasn't that there weren't good parts of the movie, many parts were pretty good. But it was a mess, a dreary, incoherent mess. Like easily 2-3 movies of shit where all the build up to make those movies good was cut and the best clips from all of the movies were shoved together in an order that barely worked.

It was like watching a series of movies through youtube clips. It really did come down to them rushing to compete with Marvel. This movie should have been Batman, with superman not really in it except for the background. Just Batman taking up the mantle again because of the fall out from what Superman did. Maybe some background with Lex, and setting up Doomsday for Superman's film. Then in Superman's film have the conflict finally play out between Batman and him.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I just watched this for the first time. Not a bad flick, actually. Affleck could have lost more weight, though. He looks like a fat guy wearing a motorcycle helmet when he has his Batmask on. Batman has chubby cheeks?

I'm not a comic reader, so I don't have neural palpitations when things differ from nerdprint, so maybe that colors my opinion that it wasn't a bad flick.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Finally got around to watching the movie, saw the director's cut (ultimate ) thought it was good. A bit long , but good. Really liked Affleck's batman.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Finally got around to watching the movie, saw the director's cut (ultimate )...

Me too, minus the Director's Cut & perhaps that makes all the difference. I thought it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen, I will leave it to Bill to fully capture my feelings on this movie.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users