Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Have you seen Henry Cavill?

c9a79f1569a992d7fd415160dbcf46eb.jpg

Of course she wants the super D!
If she gets it, it will just cause quakes and craters and more lives will be lost.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
trailer looked good, interesting how batfleck was kneeling in the middle of all that rubble and he and the dead kid look completely clean.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I realized I hadn't actually watched the trailer, so I went ahead and took care of that.

I'm still not optimistic, but that looked a lot better than I thought, and Gadot looks fine as Wonder Woman, all 5 seconds of it.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
If you thought Man of Steel suffered from major pacing issues, just wait until 40 major DC characters are crammed into a 2-hour movie.
this is my major concern. DC just seems to shoehorn in too much crap into their movies. As someone said, leave Parallax out of the Green Lantern movie, and it would be a whole different ballgame. I don't trust the people in charge like I do with Marvel.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I thought the trailer looked pretty good to me. I went from meh to now wanting to buy a ticket for it.
Snyder always makes fucking amazing trailers (Sucker Punch, MoS, etc.). Then the movie comes out and it's total shit. 300 is the only one that even came close to living up to the trailer hype.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Snyder always makes fucking amazing trailers (Sucker Punch, MoS, etc.). Then the movie comes out and it's total shit. 300 is the only one that even came close to living up to the trailer hype.
Agreed the original man of steel trailer looks amazeballs and we know how that ended.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is an excellent point. Sucker Punch specifically is always brought up in discussions of movies that didn't live up to their trailers.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I enjoyed Man of Steel very much, so I'm in good shape then.

Sucker Punch did suck though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Sucker Punch trailer looked amazing and the premise sounded amazing, and I've never even seen it because I haven't heard a single good thing about it.

and yeah can we not get into another fight about who liked Man of Steel and who didn't?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So... there's just so much shit in there it's hard to get a general understanding.

So is Wayne in Metropolis when MoS is going on and basically retired Batman years ago... then gets angry and wants to take him down because of the bullshit he pulled in MoS? Meanwhile Supes has like a fanatic following from people who want spacejesus to save them from floods and shit? Then Lex is like 'oh fuck I can do things too!' and then WW is like 'ohhhh I love fighting' and then...?

Column_sl

shitlord
Who knows. It's obvious they are lifting some stuff from the Dark Knight with Superman going after Batman, but Reagan was the one that put that order in.

I'm not sure how Lex will fit into this yet, or Wonder Woman.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was under the impression that this was a new origin story for Batman. They were talking about him as if nobody had ever heard of him before, not 'oh yeah this is that crazy dude who used to fight crime over in Gotham'.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I was under the impression that this was a new origin story for Batman. They were talking about him as if nobody had ever heard of him before, not 'oh yeah this is that crazy dude who used to fight crime over in Gotham'.
The dead Robin suit seems to imply he's done this before. I think it is pretty derpy for Metro PD to be all "WHO DIS BAT OF MAN!!???!" unless he means the Sons of Batman vigilantes which people are saying are in the desert scene.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea, that's what I thought at first too but then they showed the parents getting killed by the homeless dude scene? And he took the lens cover off the batsignal - then there's the line 'blah blah been in gotham for 20 years how many good guys are left? so I'm not sure if it's like a 'coming out of retirement' origin with salt'n'pepper batman or what.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Guess everyone is on the full on hate this no matter what. Trailer looked really good.
Is there any remote reason why Superman would fight Batman? It just makes zero fucking sense.

Also cgi overload. That running into the "dust cloud" was beyond obvious.