Battle Chasers the Video game

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Column_sl

shitlord
From the newly formed Airship Syndicate with the same team that did the Darksiders game.

Will be fully revealed tomorrow but here is the sneak peak

rrr_img_91277.jpg
rrr_img_91278.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord

From what I understand it's five people making the game. I'm not going to expect much at this point. I thought the team was much larger like they had on Darksiders.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bump.
old vid back in sept.

new vid today.

Slick animations.

Chronotrigger/mariorpg combat looks like. I'm pretty impressed.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
My brother is a hardcore Joe Mad and Battle Chasers fan. He is salivating over this game. Gotta say it's looking damn good.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
That trailer makes it look like a cross between Bastion + FF + Blizzardtype graphics.

Yes please.

Edit - $850k on a $500k goal via kickstarter last Sept, very nice.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is out today. I wont touch it for a while. have other things on my plate.

Reviews trickling in.

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
I watched a streamer play it today, got home and before I knew it 4.5 hours vanished...

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty fun game so far. I did the first dungeon on hard and it seems well balanced too. Only thing I'm not too keen on is the save system (Diablo-style "save and exit" rather than traditional RPG save slots); I unlocked the ability spec each character one of two ways with perks, and since you can't make hard saves I've put off making a decision. If you can respec easily it's no big deal, but I don't know if that's possible yet or not.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Pretty fun game so far. I did the first dungeon on hard and it seems well balanced too. Only thing I'm not too keen on is the save system (Diablo-style "save and exit" rather than traditional RPG save slots); I unlocked the ability spec each character one of two ways with perks, and since you can't make hard saves I've put off making a decision. If you can respec easily it's no big deal, but I don't know if that's possible yet or not.

You can remove and reassign the perk points at will.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
As someone who always hoarded MP and items in RPGs growing up (For that hard battle that rarely came)...this overcharge feature is genius.

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
I steamrolled everything and doing the medium difficulty and hard difficulty for dungeons until I get my group to level 13 headed into the dig. Now I am stuck not being able to survive normal...

I know I must be doing something wrong, but not quite sure what

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Levels mean a fucking ton in this game, could be that. If you're even -1 level on the enemies you're fighting it'll feel nearly impossible. -2 levels might actually be impossible. And that's just raw character level, not even accounting for potential gear slots that are many, many levels out of date due to the rng nature of loot.

Game is pretty cool, but I can't get it to actually function properly right now. DX10 mode makes it crash 100% of the time about 10 minutes in, regardless of where I am or what I'm doing in game. DX9 mode doesn't crash, but every exploration map/dungeon is blurry/out of focus, like the camera is zoomed is focused on some random part of the map and everything else is just a complete haze. Can't even really tell what objects on the ground are.

Can't figure out what the issue is either. No combination of compatibility mode settings change anything, and I'm already on latest video drivers. I can't find a single random internet nerd complaining about this problem either, so so far it seems to be just me?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Playing it on PS4. Think I’m 7-8 hours in, really having fun with it. Overcharge feature is great cause it actually allows you to use your abilities without chugging mana potions like most RPGs. I like all the buffs, debuffs, and synergy/interactions. Just unlocked Red. She’s awesome.

I’ve been horsing the +1 AP to all characters items until I unlock the final devil guy, don’t want to waste them. Does anyone know if he still gets the point if he’s not in the party yet?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i haven't had a single crash, though i'm probably only like 5 hours in? game has been very stable for me

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I actually rolled my video driver back a version and it seems way more stable so far, here's to hoping.

My only gripe I have currently is the party members you aren't using don't get any kind of passive leveling, and difficulty scaling is so harsh that if they fall even a few levels behind you almost can't use them. Not really sure of a good way to catch people up currently, so kind of thinking you just need to pick your 3 and run them forever?