Battlefield 1

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That song... if it doesn't make a person rethink their stance on war, then nothing will. Born in the USA should also have that distinction, but people don't actually listen to the lyrics.

Last edited:

Myst

Peasant
Make sure to turn dx12 off if you have it on. It's useless and does nothing anyway. But it will hamper performance.

Thanks I will try that once I get back home tonight. On ultra settings I was dipping as low as 35 and wouldn't go higher than 75. It was a constant fluctuation. I changed my settings to high, changed the resolution to 1920x1080 (had no choice), and I am still only getting a constant 60-75fps. I really hope changing it to DX11 will help. I am thinking 2560x1440 + Ultra on 27inch is a bit too much for my setup.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah if you are on DX12, you will be fubarred. DX12 is horrible right now. Once you change it to DX11, you will run as smooth as glass. I have the exact same CPU and 8Gb Ram and running the game off a mechanical hard drive. I turned on DX12 and I was stuttering like crazy, frame drops, peaks and valleys. With no noticeable quality difference in the visuals. Once I switched back to DX11 (You have to restart the game for it to take effect) it went very well.

If that doesn't work though there is still one more thing to do. Completely wipe the video drivers off your system and do a fresh install.

Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I updated all of them but Steam and Origins don't seem to show shit like the xbox1 does.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that happened to me too. Make sure everyone can see your profile in Steam. And thenin Custom URL, add a name to the blank line. (Whetever you want to call it) save that, and then reload the page and it will work.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Track a medal and focus on that, or go medic/support and supply people.

Medic is the only class I can kill people on anyways. I like the semi auto rifles.
Nothing will turn me off of this game faster than lack of hardcore mode, though. I don't like staring at the map, and I don't like having to shoot someone 15 times to kill them. Hardcore mode makes you focus on cover and movement more. This shit is just call of duty to me right now.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hardcore usually just means even more snipers and even more people just sitting in corners never moving.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
battlefield_1_fog_of_war_hardcore_menu_tease_1.jpg

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Medic is the only class I can kill people on anyways. I like the semi auto rifles.
Nothing will turn me off of this game faster than lack of hardcore mode, though. I don't like staring at the map, and I don't like having to shoot someone 15 times to kill them. Hardcore mode makes you focus on cover and movement more. This shit is just call of duty to me right now.

I normally agree with you but three bullets from my sweeper people die, HC will be insane.