Battlefield 1

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Who is playing on PS4 compared to PC? I either need to add a ton of friends from Origin on PC from people here and on SA, or I need to get the PS4 version. I REALLY love the PC version though.

spronk

FPS noob
play the pc version, for overwatch and battlefield the community stays pretty big and its by far the better version

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It took a whole mag to kill someone because you weren't sure they were dead until you'd already pumped out 30 rounds. And even then, lol, lag comp.

This became much better with the higher ticrate.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Everyone should get this game. It is a masterpiece. And that takes a lot for me to say that given it's EA/Dice.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I played the beta and thought it sucked. Then I played the full trial. And holy shit. The maps, gun play, progression system, game modes (Operations rock) and believe it or not, the single player is OUTSTANDING. (Single player is taking everyone by surprise. What DIce did here is amazing. Each "Story" lasts about 1 hour, and tells the story of a specific battle from World War 1 captured by the people that were really there. The graphics on my 1070 are some of the best I have ever seen with perfect audio (As expected from the audio piece, these guys have always nailed the audio)

But the maps, weapons, vehicles, mortars, cannons, you name it. It's freaking fantastic.

I hardly ever play a sniper. But due to the map design, sniper spots are awesome to find.

Last night, I was sniping from a castle tower. I was 6-0 and it seemed no one could find me. Someone from the other team came in with a tank and blasted apart the castle to bits and it crumbled all around me. They almost got me. Luckily, I was able to go prone in the ruins of the castle and they still had a hard time flushing me out until they mustard gassed my ass and I couldn't get my gas mask on in time. The feedback on weapons is so fricken fantastic. On that same map, the water waves (swells) must have been about 20-30 feet high. The seas were rough, and my boat was flying all over the place. Landed on shore, hopped in a tank with a squad member. On the side of the tank is an embed flame thrower gun on the side of it. We went passed an objective flag in Conquest, there happened to be 5 enemies in the building. I just laid down the flames and heard the screams. It was fantastic as flames and fire poured everywhere inside.

Another game I was having a great time sniping when all of a sudden a large fog moved in. Welp, that took care of that. So I went back to assault and started taking check points. I couldn't see well enough in the fog to snipe. It basically rendered all snipers useless. Then out of no where this enemy appears out of the fog and I quickly bayonette charged the guy.... Holy cats was that satisfying.

And then I did the unthinkable. For the first time in my life, I bought a digital deluxe version of the game directly from the Origin store.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Myst

Peasant
I just ordered a GTX1070 and BF1 (PC). UT, you got me so pumped! Can't wait!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I just did the same thing Myst, lol. I ordered my shit from Amazon though so I have to wait until Friday for the game. Cards will be here tomorrow though.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I couldn't get into the last two Battlefields, but this one is superb so far. As Ut pointed out, the sp campaign is very well done and a nice little bonus (the two that I played).

Myst

Peasant
I just did the same thing Myst, lol. I ordered my shit from Amazon though so I have to wait until Friday for the game. Cards will be here tomorrow though.

Did the same, ordered from Amazon and saved 20$. My card arrives tomorrow as well lol. Hopefully my I5-2500k won't be a bottleneck.

spronk

FPS noob
where is the ut rant on how EA is charging you $20 for 4 day early access

yeah i ordered from best buy the PC version so mines not getting here till fri either, but i'm cool waiting 3 days. if you really want in RIGHT NOW, you can pay $5 for a month of EA Access on Origin or xbox one and play 10 hours (your progress carries over). its not cross play though, so progress on each platform is completely independent

I have titanfall 2 too as well although I don't expect to do much beyond play SP campaign on that

feel free to add me on origin as a friend, Origin ID tearsintherain i have a bunch of you back from the old BF4 days

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Did the same, ordered from Amazon and saved 20$. My card arrives tomorrow as well lol. Hopefully my I5-2500k won't be a bottleneck.

Nope. It will run VERY well. I have the same CPU. You are going to LOVE the card.

A couple tips: Do not run DX12. Use DX11. DX12 hitches quite a bit and I noticed no graphical upgrade tick. I am everything ultra with max AA and Max AF. I have vsync off and am probably hovering around 90fps. Also, try the single player. Usually these games have had nothing but a filler for the single player. I am so damn impressed with what they are doing here that I actually am saving stories to run through because I do not want to blast through it all.

where is the ut rant on how EA is charging you $20 for 4 day early access

Yeah honestly, with a game like this, and for the first time ever in history with EA, it's almost like I want to support buying the Deluxe version because in my head, it will help EA realize the more they release this type of solid content, the more money they will make by pleasing customers. I didn't mind the deluxe. Since I subscribed for 4-5 bucks to get the 10 hour trial (I honestly didn't expect I would even like it) I was able to get 10% off the deluxe version from Origin. I am really glad I tried this out because I had already thrown in the towel on Battlefield games. This goes beyond anything I have played in the series since the original BF1942 years ago.

Origin name: Utnayan

I'll add all of you :)

With that said, deluxe also comes with the following:

• Vehicle Package: Red Baron's Triplane
    • Sidearm: Red Baron's P08
    • Emblem: Red Baron's Flyer Pin
  • Lawrence of Arabia Pack
    • Horse: Lawrence of Arabia's Black Stallion (new visual appearance for the horse)
    • Weapon: Lawrence of Arabia's SMLE
    • Sidearm: Lawrence of Arabia's Jambiya
    • Emblem: Lawrence of Arabia's Emblem
  • New visual appearance on the largest vehicles in the game:
    • Frontline Camouflage Train
    • Night Raid Airship
    • Dazzle Camouflage Dreadnought
  • Five Battlepacks
  • Play Battlefield 1 three days earlier starting October 18.
  • Pre-order and get the Hellfighter Pack, containing themed items inspired by the heroic Harlem Hellfighter infantry regiment. Also includes 7 days early access to a map released later in 2016.
That's a lot of stuff considering after the discount it was only 12 bucks more :)

Last edited: