Battlefield 1

spronk

FPS noob
played one multiplayer game today on xbox, only annoying thing is the stupid ea access popup every 15 minutes reminding you that you only have X hours left of the 10 hour trial and maybe do you want to buy the game? fuck you popup, I was about melee kill that bitch ass sniper

Anyways it was pretty goddamn amazing, 40 minute 1000 ticket conquest game, felt like WW1 and it was a lot of infantry assault even though the map had tanks and planes. the map was goddamn amazing, a burned out city with a ton of nooks and crannies and a lot of shit was destructible with mortars, cannons, grenades, etc. TTKs are a bit fast but pretty much felt like bf4 in that regards. anyways, everyone I've seen streaming says its great and I really enjoyed it, no issues at all on xbox and I assume the PC version will be even better looking - thats what I bought mine on.

there is a ton of cosmetic shit inside like skins and battlepacks and a million weapons and all that jazz but I've never been bothered by that stuff in FPS games

Rockstar

Trakanon Raider
I have been playing multiplayer yesterday and today with the 10 hour trial. I saw xFactorGaming was level 30+. He must not have a limit on early playtime or something. I don't think I'll be flying in this game. I was never good at planes and since no helicopters, I'll likely stick to scout/medic.

Played a bit on St. Quentin Scar, the one with the Zeppelin, had fun in a light tank. My favorite map so far is the one with the fort, some fun infantry fights there.

My brother is convincing me to play Titanfall 2. I hate being split between games but I may end up playing both.

Also, I changed my username so if anyone wants to add me..

Origin ID: xo-Rockstar

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
The lag is insane, I had none in beta. I also hate when after a match you go to quit and it bugs out and doesn't allow you until you're in the next game.

spronk

FPS noob
i'll be playing BF1 and Titanfall 2 on PC, add me tearsintherain to squad up and shit. playing right now on xbox one since I don't have EA Access on PC tho

didn't see any lag on xbox one version

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really having fun with the demo. Some of the maps are just jaw-dropping good (mostly the city ones).

I feel dirty pre-ordering. But 20% off with Amazon Prime is too good to pass up.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Undecided if I will get the game or not after playing 5 hours of the trail.

I didn't see a hardcore option in the trail nor did I see anything saying it will or will not be in game, if its not they I won't get the game.
They somehow fucked up rush game mode worse then in BF4 for map balance.

Had some fun but those two things were the big reason I got BF4

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Undecided if I will get the game or not after playing 5 hours of the trail.

I didn't see a hardcore option in the trail nor did I see anything saying it will or will not be in game, if its not they I won't get the game.
They somehow fucked up rush game mode worse then in BF4 for map balance.

Had some fun but those two things were the big reason I got BF4

Hardcore has become more a gimmick and for people who couldn't aim in the last few BFs. However it still should be in there for that niche group.

Cybsled

I always liked hardcore the past few games, because some asshat eating 15 rounds and not dying is bullshit. Plus, people spam marking enemy soldiers in regular mode was bullshit, because it rewarded marking spam instead of rewarding the people who picked good cover and attacked from it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I disagree takes much more skill to aim via headshots in core than shoot wildly all over getting body shots and doing the same damage. Core is easy as fuck if you can aim. All the pro teams play (Dreamhack Etc) core for a reason too.

That is then and this is now. The game is becoming more streamlined from what I could tell in beta and I haven't had a chance to play much BF1 so we'll see what the future has in store.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
The 'skill' in Hardcore mode is more about movement and proper use of cover. It usually forces the gameplay to be a little less run-and-gun, which some people appreciate.

The last four Battlefield games have had a hardcore mode, so I'd be surprised if BF1 didn't.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
After witcher 3 i'm having a hard time with the price tag of the 'full' game. Looks fun though.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
After witcher 3 i'm having a hard time with the price tag of the 'full' game. Looks fun though.

20% off if you pre-order with Amazon Prime. Only reason I ordered now instead of waiting a few months for a sale.

Rockstar

Trakanon Raider
If anyone cares about playing earlier:

It looks like with Early Enlister play starts tomorrow at 11PM CST.

I checked through Korean VPN and the unlock time changes to 10AM CST. So, can squeeze an extra half-day sooner. It does require some extra work to log in via, vpn join games, alt+tab, close vpn, etc. to ultimately get playing.

Judging from past games it should work. Though, there is some conflicting information online. I did this with Hardline, BF4, and something else. I don't know if after it starts for Early Enlisters if this will allow earlier play for Standard version when that launches (Oct 20th @ 11PM CST).

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Hardcore has become more a gimmick and for people who couldn't aim in the last few BFs. However it still should be in there for that niche group.

No issues for me aiming, I liked that health didn't regen, no mini-map, Doritos, how ammo was handled and so on far more then how things were more lethal.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Normal mode in BF4 and 3 blew sucked dick because it took a entire mag to kill someone(assuming they didnt run away and simply regen their health) at anything beyond point blank range.
Judging from past games it should work. Though, there is some conflicting information online. I did this with Hardline, BF4, and something else. I don't know if after it starts for Early Enlisters if this will allow earlier play for Standard version when that launches (Oct 20th @ 11PM CST).
They still dont release universally? When people started unlocking via vpn to korea with BF4 and BF3 after an hour they just said fuck it and unlocked the game world wide.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Holy cats. I didn't think I would actually like this but with the new 1070 on PC, so much better than the PS4 beta. The production values are fucking insane. The planes feel awesome, shooting mechanics are great, progression is good, operations mode is pretty sweet. Graphics and sound a fucking outstanding. Spent $4.99 for a month of Origin access and now I may just buy this thing. Wish I could use my home theater system :(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user