Battlefield 2042

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Who are the absolute fucking retards who think this retarded shit belongs in a fps?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I mean, it belongs in Apex probably, but not BF. But this isn't our childhood BF anymore. We're not wanted.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
I mean, it belongs in Apex probably, but not BF. But this isn't our childhood BF anymore. We're not wanted.
iu

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Pretty sure BC2 not having prone is why it was so good. Prone sounds great from a realism standpoint but just makes maps flow worse and play worse.

• 3Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
"What hilarious videos await us in the 2042 sub today?"

Last edited:
  • 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Who are the absolute fucking retards who think this retarded shit belongs in a fps?

Well, it does break stalemates on that retarded ass map.

But yeah the wingsuit physics make no god damn sense.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Please don't stop these videos, they are making my work day much more enjoyable.

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Well, it does break stalemates on that retarded ass map.

But yeah the wingsuit physics make no god damn sense.
It would make sense if this was a game where everyone was in a ironman suit but in a game that was supposed to be grounded in realism its beyond words how dumb such a mechanic is.

But as said this isnt a Battlefield game. Its just another add riddled fps akin to Apex or COD.
Please don't stop these videos, they are making my work day much more enjoyable.
It just endless videos;

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
They should have just made Battlefield: Titanfall instead of this game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Don't buy this early, and don't play if you don't have friends to Squad with. That's my summation of this game. It CAN be fun, but the fun spurts are surrounded on all sides by instantly dying to bad spawns, vehicles you have 0 chance of killing, and having the "wrong" gun.

Nothing beats trying to snipe and having to spawn on the point with the PP-29 squad already up your asshole. Then switching to an AR/SMG/LMG and having Snipers on Cranes fucking you over. The spawning in this has 0 enemy detection outside of knowing if your teammate is being HIT or SHOOTING and otherwise it'll gladly spawn you directly onto a frag grenade if you squad spawn. Point spawning is the same. You can spawn on a captured point with a T28 staring you down. And if you don't have an SSD? Yeah, you might spawn already dead.

The bugs I experience are mostly lag related. Server tends to shit the bed (red/yellow latency detector left hand side of your screen) near the end of the game and everyone is in molasses. Pulling out your #3 weapon and having it not work and having to hit the button 2-3 times is super frustrating when it's a life or death moment. Pulling out your #3 and the game goes "OH, your #4? GOTCHU" and being like "what?" then dying because you are putting away your rocket launcher you certainly didn't try and pull out. Had the bug twice where you die and your revive timer goes to 0 and you can't come back in, have to full leave the game and rejoin. Also had the bug where you can't sprint, especially bad when I was stuck crouching once and had to crab walk through sniper fire until some one mercifully killed me.

Biggest problem with this game is spawning and vehicles. There's not nearly enough ability to combat boats and tanks which SWARM you in some modes. Fucking boats (hovercrafts) can have mortars attached to them with a longer shell reload, but it's essentially a fast movie tank that can obliterate you, self heal, and you can't kill the driver without armor pen rounds. And they can have like 3-6 of them up at once. Ridiculous.

Between the M5 Recoilless and the anti-armor grenades with Sundance I SHOULD be the tank-buster. But I'm not. 2 grenades and 3 rockets will bring a tank to like 10hp or something stupid. Good luck getting all those off before dying to some one else from somewhere else. And helicopters? No lock on for the M5 (yet?) makes it a hail mary every time and even then some choppers can take 3 hits to kill. The anti-armor grenades however are the TITS as they lock on and track targets and do decent damage. They also regenerate so you don't feel like you've used everything you've got and nothing left but LMG and pray for a restocker.

TL:DR Play with friends or probably don't play. Game is a laggy mess in a LOT of servers a decent chunk of the time (but 28ms ping, by the way!). Vehicles are too much with not enough access to reliably destroy them outside of OTHER vehicles. Weapon balance is also somewhat fucked with a lot of the later weapons being much better than starters and alot of the attachments just +statting the important stuff like firepower and velocity. So maybe wait for day 1 patch, see what shakes out, then buy the NORMAL game, none of the garbage fancy ones. Not worth.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users