Battlefield 2042

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I get where you're coming from but not quite what I meant. I'm sure you're just fucking with me with that though.
50%. Overall it just sounds out of place. It sounds like what you hear in other cheesey FPSs, not a game thats atmosphere is supposed to be realism.

But of course as said, its clear this BF wasnt created for those of us who enjoyed BC2 or BF3/4.

Also, lets see what funny videos the 2042 sub has for us today;

Ok this is a two parter, and it made my face hurt from laughing. Both videos are of the same event, each being pov of other side

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
50%. Overall it just sounds out of place. It sounds like what you hear in other cheesey FPSs, not a game thats atmosphere is supposed to be realism.

But of course as said, its clear this BF wasnt created for those of us who enjoyed BC2 or BF3/4.

Also, lets see what funny videos the 2042 sub has for us today;

Ok this is a two parter, and it made my face hurt from laughing. Both videos are of the same event, each being pov of other side

Had me in stitches, love it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol what a glorious shit show.
Triple H Yes GIF by WWE

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Nice, they made sure to get parallax aiming issues into the game;

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

Always makes me laugh when a game gets ripped apart

I normally cannot stand the guy because he goes with whatever popular opinion is at the time but this was funny.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pretty sure BC2 not having prone is why it was so good. Prone sounds great from a realism standpoint but just makes maps flow worse and play worse.

The BC2 Vietnam expac killed BC2 for me.

Everything was perfection till then. Everyone consoomed the Vietnam expac thinking it was going to be even more great BC2. Everything about Vietnam was a step back. You don't fuck with perfection.

• 1Solidarity

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I normally cannot stand the guy because he goes with whatever popular opinion is at the time but this was funny.
Agreed. The only videos i'll watch of his usually involve any game that has cash shops. He rips those to shreds and is usually pretty hilarious. The MADDEN series is absolutely hilarious, wife even enjoyed that one and she's not a gamer at all.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

Everything was perfection till then. Everyone consoomed the Vietnam expac thinking it was going to be even more great BC2. Everything about Vietnam was a step back. You don't fuck with perfection.

100% this. I knew people that thought BC2:V was good and I couldn't understand why they thought that at all. It was garbage compared to what BC2 was with map design and just general play experience.

I really hope (but doubt) that they'll give us more of the old maps in the Portal mode because only 2 maps per mode is bullshit. As it is, I feel they know that the BF3/Portal modes are so popular to the point that they're nerfing experience on those or making weird changes. Or conveniently bug the experience. I'll have games in Portal where it just says I got 0 experience when it is over.

• 1Dislike

faille

Molten Core Raider
100% this. I knew people that thought BC2:V was good and I couldn't understand why they thought that at all. It was garbage compared to what BC2 was with map design and just general play experience.
BF2042 says 'hold my beer'

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

I remember everyone saying BC2 wasn't a real Battlefield game when it came out. Only 16v16, no prone, etc. And yet it turned out to be quite arguably the best, because the original maps that shipped with BC2 were so perfectly tuned for the player count, the lack of prone, etc. It was a less sandboxy experience, and less realistic, and smaller, and yet it was a better game.

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
I remember everyone saying BC2 wasn't a real Battlefield game when it came out. Only 16v16, no prone, etc. And yet it turned out to be quite arguably the best, because the original maps that shipped with BC2 were so perfectly tuned for the player count, the lack of prone, etc. It was a less sandboxy experience, and less realistic, and smaller, and yet it was a better game.
for me, it was the epitome of destructible environment. everything could be destroyed and the maps ended up as compete wastelands by the end of a long round.
That's something that has faded away with every subsequent BF game. Not even BF3/4 had it to the same degree, but at least they had the special map trigger things.
All I can tell from BF2042 is the tornado? whoopeee

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Literally none of those changes mean anything to me. Unfortunate. It COULD be that there's some obvious bug fixes they just didn't announce that get fixed, but I'd still wager that's more a Day One patch type thing.

I've dedicated my life in this game to destroying vehicles and some games I am literally turning the tides for my entire squad and other games I can't pull out any equipment fast enough to do anything of use. Such is the life of the Tank/Chopper Buster. I will say making choppers blow their Chaff way early then locking on them immediately after (when the lock on actually fucking works) is a great feeling. They know they fucked up. You know they fucked up. And soon EVERYONE is going to know they fucked up.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've dedicated my life in this game to destroying vehicles
lol this was me in Planetside 2 and it was fucking awesome. Just SMGing peeps, jump jetting and C-4ing all day.

Speaking of which, jump jets would be more realistic than this wingsuit bullshit. I was cliff-diving off the ice cliffs in Breakaway and it was fucking stupid. Fun, but stupid.

Breakaway, Discarded and Manifest are the only good maps.