Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

sebur

Bronze Squire
Not sure, but I had Premium and I was able to preload just fine....can't speak to the pre-order stuff though.

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
This launches at 1 am pst and GTA online 3 hours later
so the choice is running around getting blown the fuck up from everywhere and everyone in BF or run around in a massive city looking for one of those other 15 players to shoot ?
frown.png

Column_sl

shitlord
So theres a option called resolution scale that makes the game look better the more you turn it up.

I think the default level is consoles

sebur

Bronze Squire
I am still trying to figure out if the all the lag is server side or on my end so I know whether I need to get a new computer or not lol. I know it is still beta and isn't probably optimized but meh.

bayr_sl

shitlord
It's definitely beta. I think the infantry combat is way better than BF3 already. I get stuck on shit for no reason though, like trying to jump through windowframes takes 4-5 tries sometimes to clear a 1 foot rise. Contextual lean seems really good.

At first I was incredibly underwhelmed but after an hour I like it

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty underwhelmed by this game so far.

It definitely does not feel special like allot of other games do.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's definitely beta. I think the infantry combat is way better than BF3 already. I get stuck on shit for no reason though, like trying to jump through windowframes takes 4-5 tries sometimes to clear a 1 foot rise. Contextual lean seems really good.

At first I was incredibly underwhelmed but after an hour I like it
I was underwhelmed at first and I am starting to like it a bit more but nothing great.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If I can finish changing keybindings without getting kicked.

Good to see the slowest loading game I've ever played has doubled down on it.

Fadaar

That guy
Ehh I wouldn't worry too much, BF3 beta was really rough compared to what came out in retail.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Pretty much a shitshow yeah. Imperceptible change in graphics for half the framerate and dogshit rubber banding. BF3.5, yay.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
The nvidia beta drivers seemed to have helped me a lot. Besides a new UI, doesn't seem terribly different.

Fadaar

That guy
Pretty much a shitshow yeah. Imperceptible change in graphics for half the framerate and dogshit rubber banding. BF3.5, yay.
Did you play BF3 in beta? It was WAY worse than this. EA/Dice promised everyone things were fixed in retail, lo and behold they actually were. I can't imagine this is close to a finished product... I hope.

Edit: Also, update Nvidia drivers, beta ones came out yesterday. Massive performance boost for BF4.