Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Ya I kinda was getting tired of it, but honestly, that map is special. I like that map better than any of the original BF3 maps. I won't mind playing it again at all when the game releases, whereas I never wanted to see Metro ever again.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Ironic, given that Metro accounts for roughly 80% of the population of BF3. With most of the rest being Canals DM or Caspian Border. I wound up playing Close Quarters domination more than anything else because at least those servers cycled four maps.

The one downside to player-run servers is the players running the servers. For fuck's sake give us some variety.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Metro is popular because of the astronomical points you can get playing it for relatively little work or skill, not because it's a good map or fun to play.

I'm surprised dice didn't take this into account when choosing the remakes. I would have taken grand bazaar over metro any day.

I just hope the remake adds a surface layer in the middle of the map to stop the stalemate bullshit that goes on endlessly in 64 player conquest.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
As long as they learned not to make maps that consist entirely of one long bottleneck. At least the other tunnel map had helicopters for back capping.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I liked metro, especially the meatgrinders. Thats pretty much what I played exclusively for a few months after the newness of BF3 wore off. I loved the chaotic mass combat in tight spaces. But maybe im just crazy /shrug. Getting 60+ kills on my support was awesome.

fucker_sl

shitlord
Metro is popular because of the astronomical points you can get playing it for relatively little work or skill, not because it's a good map or fun to play.

I liked metro, especially the meatgrinders. Thats pretty much what I played exclusively for a few months after the newness of BF3 wore off. I loved the chaotic mass combat in tight spaces. But maybe im just crazy /shrug. Getting 60+ kills on my support was awesome.
i'll leave these quotes here....

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Metro was only fun when we squadded up in voice chat and ran a 4-man assault train to break through the weakest of the bottleneck points.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Or propping up you bipod on a pile of ammo and health boxes and holding the trigger down for 45 minutes.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
There was one easy answer to stopping the status quo in metro, and leading your pug team to domination. And that was smoke grenades. Probably the most influential tool in any infantry battle... and no one EVER used them since they didn't give points.

Little bubbles of magic that blind entire portions of their team when launched down the correct fire lanes.

I hope they are in bf4 as well.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
That was good times.
I'm not going to lie, I trolled the fuck out of people with the grenade launcher on Metro. I found the perfect shallow angles at the bottom of the escalator. It was so bad I was hitting people clumped up in the corners opposite to any escalator, people were accusing me of hacking lol. Cheap as hell, but legit!

I have since moved on to PS2 and troll the fuck out of people with a gren....wait I'm sensing a pattern!

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
There was one easy answer to stopping the status quo in metro, and leading your pug team to domination. And that was smoke grenades. Probably the most influential tool in any infantry battle... and no one EVER used them since they didn't give points.

Little bubbles of magic that blind entire portions of their team when launched down the correct fire lanes.

I hope they are in bf4 as well.
I dunno if they are back, but supposedly they added flashbangs.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
fucking BF4 commercials on youtube are sucking me in FUCK YOU ORIGIN!!!!!
Stay strong man, just play some Planetside 2 or something, BF4 is going to get old waaaaay faster than BF3 much like Black Ops 2 etc. BF hasn't been good since Bad Company 2. Just wait for 2143 like me.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Couldn't agree more. They need to make 2143. They need the creative freedom to mix up game play a bit BF 4 is stale.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Stay strong man, just play some Planetside 2 or something, BF4 is going to get old waaaaay faster than BF3 much like Black Ops 2 etc. BF hasn't been good since Bad Company 2. Just wait for 2143 like me.
I can do it, IF I pick it up it will be when it's 15 bucks in a year or so and that'll be if it isn't shit. I still don't get why they won't support modding that would guarantee more copies sold.

Sulrn

Deuces
I can do it, IF I pick it up it will be when it's 15 bucks in a year or so and that'll be if it isn't shit. I still don't get why they won't support modding that would guarantee more copies sold.
Why provide the tools necessary to provide future competition to the franchise? Initial gain is negligible when they fail to sell copies of BF5/2143 because BF4 gave the community everything they needed to make their own games for the next 3-5 years.