Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
What did you guys think of obliteration? I tried it for like 20 minutes and said meh back to conquest. To much of a clusterfuck.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
What did you guys think of obliteration? I tried it for like 20 minutes and said meh back to conquest. To much of a clusterfuck.
Played a couple rounds. It's ok, but if it stays capped at 32 then the map is almost too big for it. There is only one spawn point (unless you spawn on a squadmate) in the middle of the map and parachuting down anywhere near the center is a death trap since most of the time that's where the bomb is. My experience was once the bomb carrier breaks through to the enemy side it's practically home free if you've got any sort of support with you since no one defends the points.

It's a fun little diversion game type but I don't think it's better than Conquest or Rush.

bayr_sl

shitlord
I like obliteration much more on this map than conquest. The whole 'verticality' thing means something in delivering the bomb. It definitely is a bit too hard to defend though once it gets planted or even in the area if you don't have a squad mate up, since the air spawn takes an eternity to get down and your base is probably too far to react even with a vehicle

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Well, took the advice many of you offered. My K
biggrin.png
ratio definitely improved (best was actually 7:8 which i was quite happy with considering my previous performance). Unfortunately, I probably had even less fun playing this way than I did when I was getting spanked. Creeping around following team mates and playing the mini map totally killed all the visceral joy I generally get from an FPS.

As it stands, I'd rather watch the Titanfall trailer on repeat than play BF4. Maybe I'm just getting old. *shrug*

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Don't worry about your K/D in battlefield. Just capture flags and do the objectives and help your squad and teammates. You can be at the top of the list in points and be 5/25 or whatever. I only have like a .9 k/d ratio but I take top 5 every single game. Flag caps are worth an absurb 560 points or something if you are there the whole time taking it over from an enemy.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well, took the advice many of you offered. My K
biggrin.png
ratio definitely improved (best was actually 7:8 which i was quite happy with considering my previous performance). Unfortunately, I probably had even less fun playing this way than I did when I was getting spanked. Creeping around following team mates and playing the mini map totally killed all the visceral joy I generally get from an FPS.

As it stands, I'd rather watch the Titanfall trailer on repeat than play BF4. Maybe I'm just getting old. *shrug*
Sounds like you need constant folks to play with; the fun factor of this game increases at an exponential rate when you're in voip with friends who know what they're doing.

Also, Dudebro is right to an extent. Know when a game is won or lost and when to focus on kills over objectives. Feel free to add me if you're up for it; though if you get a bunch of "who the fuck is this" in squad chat it's because I predominately play with a mixture of rivaL and Exertus/XTS gaming. Just say you're with me, profit.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Don't worry about your K/D in battlefield. Just capture flags and do the objectives and help your squad and teammates. You can be at the top of the list in points and be 5/25 or whatever. I only have like a .9 k/d ratio but I take top 5 every single game. Flag caps are worth an absurb 560 points or something if you are there the whole time taking it over from an enemy.
Ya, I think that's the next step. I need to get better at movement and enemy recognition, not to mention map knowledge.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Sounds like you need constant folks to play with; the fun factor of this game increases at an exponential rate when you're in voip with friends who know what they're doing.

Also, Dudebro is right to an extent. Know when a game is won or lost and when to focus on kills over objectives. Feel free to add me if you're up for it; though if you get a bunch of "who the fuck is this" in squad chat it's because I predominately play with a mixture of rivaL and Exertus/XTS gaming. Just say you're with me, profit.
I have no doubt this kind of 'squad' tactics game would be WAY better with friends to play with

sebur

Bronze Squire
You seen they added a time limit to obliteration today eh? I think that makes it much better. When I first played it yesterday I was talking to my friend and mentioned the time. Once I figured out there was no time limited I immediately wanted to go back to conquest.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
The new patch today improved my performance by a shit ton. Game is smooth now. Was a blast playing tonight with no bullshit stuttering in the middle of fights.

Hippos

Silver Knight of the Realm
They patched again today (two days in a row). Yesterday the .exe was still crashing for me, today = total stability even when I put the overclock back on my video card. Now I really hope they roll out one more map this weekend (preferably one with airplanes) just to mix things up.

Willard_sl

shitlord
I would love to play this but unfortunately my machine is too old to even support it and do not see a reason to upgrade for a single game... Speaking of upgrading anyone have any suggestions on a video card upgrade from a GTX 275?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Name a price range. Each one has a pretty decent jump - I went with a 770. And if you really only have a 275 you'd be upgrading for a hell of a lot more than one game, holy lord I think cell phones out power that thing now.

$250 - Geforce 760
$400 - "" 770
$650 - "" 780 or maybe the new ATI x2something if the production card is as good as the hype

Unfortunately BF is heavily reliant on a strong CPU. My 770 isn't even getting over half utilization with my 5 year old i7-960, so this is what I'm looking to get. And since your CPU is probably a core 2 duo:

CPU: Intel i5-4670k $200
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H $160
RAM: Look for 2x4 gig DDR3-1600 1.5 volt, it'll be around $80. G.Skill, Corsair Vengeance etc, there are a few trusted brands and they all cost the same now

Point is, you can make a top end gaming box for under $1000 unless you start throwing shit like SLI at it. Which is just about always total overkill.

Stave

Potato del Grande
So up until patch 2, my fx 6300 had horrible fps, like 5fps. After patch 2, I got like 30fps but horrible fps drops like every 3 seconds I'd drop to 2fps for like 1 second. I tried something I read, and went to task manager when the game was open, and set the priority of BF4 to low, and holy shit, I get 60-70fps on high with no drops like before. Smooth as butter. Went from a no way purchase, to a EA may have redeemed themselves purchase. Will have to wait and see how it plays on the wifes PC, as she plays too.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Currently running a GTX570 from evga. I'm looking to upgrade soon within the $300 price range. I want to continue with nVidia. Any suggestions? GTX 760 looks pretty solid.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
What I don't get is how 40-70 fps feels more like 10. And why is there a borderless option when the bf4 window is always on top?