Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
We're all suckers though, and still gonna buy regardless. But still, yah, fuck them.
Actually I wont buy it.

Its rather pathetic considering I have been the biggest Battlefield fan over time. Bought BF1942, BF:V, BF2(and all the xpacs), BC:2(Vietnam too) and I really dont give a shit about this game so far. Commander mode? WELCOME TO ALMOST 10 YEARS AGO. Tired of developers/publishers pissing on our legs and telling us its raining.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I can't believe they didn't go the future route. BF2142 was so fucken fun. Can you imagine how good a future BF wiith frostbite 3 big mechs and shit. BE SO GOOD.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I highly doubt I'll be buying this one either (unless people here end up giving it stellar reviews/it bringing a whole lot of "new" to the table, which I doubt it will). Bad Company 3 and a new 2142, though? fuck yea.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This one won't be a blind buy for me but the fact that we are in the beta so we can try it out first, and hopefully they'll have some pc pre-order specials for $39.99 will mean I'll probably be getting it.

Oh and Battlelog 2.0!!! They probably put all the 2142 devs on Battlelog instead.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I was actually rather disappointed with BF3. there was just something off with the maps and I cannot place my fingers on it. BF2 bad company, now that was a sweet game and good maps. IMO these games are all about the maps and map design.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Maybe the selling point will be "tac lights have been removed, and it's always noon or night so no fucking sun glare!"

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I was actually rather disappointed with BF3. there was just something off with the maps and I cannot place my fingers on it. BF2 bad company, now that was a sweet game and good maps. IMO these games are all about the maps and map design.
I played the shit out of the game but I kind of agree. None of the maps really grabbed me like the ones in bad company 2.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Come on guys preorder

Pre-orders are set to include a digital expansion pack called Battlefield 4: China Rising in which "players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland in four massive multiplayer maps, using all-new vehicles and high-tech military equipment."
God EA needs to go fucking the way of Enron or Worldcom.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why aren't they going back to WW2? BF1942 was one of the greatest tactical FPS to date. It also took way more skill to drive vehicles, shoot guns, snipe ect. It was so far ahead of its time and is what got BF on the map. I can't believe they abandoned their roots so fast.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Why aren't they going back to WW2? BF1942 was one of the greatest tactical FPS to date. It also took way more skill to drive vehicles, shoot guns, snipe ect. It was so far ahead of its time and is what got BF on the map. I can't believe they abandoned their roots so fast.
I agree that the 1942 version was great. And sniping was pretty tough until you learned a little secret. Even standing and moving you could aim at their belt from just about any distance and get a headshot. I don't really understand why standing affected the bullet trajectory in that way, but when i accidently discovered that I want from a 3:1 kd to a 10:1.