Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
are there any console commands to optimize performance, like in CS? things like CMD_rate and those kinda things, i can run it on ultra and maintain 60+fps i was looking for more like net commands to optimize.

do you guys use the max Field of view?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Only like 4 more pistols and I have unlocked every gun that is un lockable without assignments. Most of the assignment ones to. I'm only level 40, what do I do now?...

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only like 4 more pistols and I have unlocked every gun that is un lockable without assignments. Most of the assignment ones to. I'm only level 40, what do I do now?...
Stop playing the game like its a RPG and you are trying to 100% it and just join games, kill people and log off when done.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Stop playing the game like its a RPG and you are trying to 100% it and just join games, kill people and log off when done.
Nah I just wanted to unlock everything so I can play any game type and have the most suitable weapon.

I had a goal and reached it now i'm just not sure what my next one is. What do people that play this game regularly do? If I want to level what game type is the most xp. This is my first battlefield so I really have no idea.

Give ya an idea of where i'm at.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/muttonwar

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What do you mean regularly do? You login and play. I've been using the same gun and same class forever. I log in to play because its fun and I can do it for 1-2 hours then log off. No goals, no "finish", no "complete".

I'm @ like 170 hours played and have only unlocked carbines. I don't care for any other guns, I don't snipe, don't assault. Either support or engi depending on map/needs. Level as need be, no min/maxing or what not. I join random games, join a random squad and go have fun :p Though I am jealous of those with dedicated squads and voip, bet its a lot more fun then pubbing but there's no "leaders or ranks etc" for me here so it's no biggy.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
What do you mean regularly do? You login and play. I've been using the same gun and same class forever. I log in to play because its fun and I can do it for 1-2 hours then log off. No goals, no "finish", no "complete".

I'm @ like 170 hours played and have only unlocked carbines. I don't care for any other guns, I don't snipe, don't assault. Either support or engi depending on map/needs. Level as need be, no min/maxing or what not. I join random games, join a random squad and go have fun :p Though I am jealous of those with dedicated squads and voip, bet its a lot more fun then pubbing but there's no "leaders or ranks etc" for me here so it's no biggy.
That's cool and kind of what I have been doing. I kind of want to play a bit more serious though to, clan or whatever the fuck they do in this game.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you get that bored or just need to task can go back an open all the unlocks on each weapon. Or at least service star each weapon. I play randomly, but I'm only up to 18 or so. Venir_1 is my screeny if you want to squad sometime.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
If you get that bored or just need to task can go back an open all the unlocks on each weapon. Or at least service star each weapon. I play randomly, but I'm only up to 18 or so. Venir_1 is my screeny if you want to squad sometime.
Awesome idea, thats what i'll do next! And get all the medals at the same time.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
question, if i can play on ultra and all that constant 60fps, should i go to low settings for better performance im finding very often for whatever reason my crosshair is right on someone and nada no hit markers, maybe im just horrible idk any tips for aiming? people seem to slam me from so far away that i can barely even see them not sure how they even see me, and when i try to get into those kinda fights even though im dead center on them they hit and i dont.

just finding very often even close range my shots arent registering.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish I could turn off the camera shake, that shit happens all the time right when I am lining up on someone.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I wish I could turn off the camera shake, that shit happens all the time right when I am lining up on someone.
This, just about to ambush 3-4 dudes, someone from my own team throws a fucking grenade and I can't hit shit and then the 3-4 dudes turn around and ass rape me while my shit team mate runs and camps behind a corner.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
New china rising maps seem really laggy, getting shit FPS with them.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
question, if i can play on ultra and all that constant 60fps, should i go to low settings for better performance im finding very often for whatever reason my crosshair is right on someone and nada no hit markers, maybe im just horrible idk any tips for aiming? people seem to slam me from so far away that i can barely even see them not sure how they even see me, and when i try to get into those kinda fights even though im dead center on them they hit and i dont.

just finding very often even close range my shots arent registering.
Hit markers don't always show up, I've killed a handful of people and I didn't get a single hit marker while firing at them, chalk it up to more shit they have to fix.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hit markers don't always show up, I've killed a handful of people and I didn't get a single hit marker while firing at them, chalk it up to more shit they have to fix.
I've seen the hit markers flash on my screen a second after I've killed someone.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I then loaded up test range and tried to get used to the awkward as fuck jet controls to get the UCAV and fuuuck that. I jumped into air superiority and went 0-12 in the round and was actually high up in score because I managed to damage everyone but kill nothing. Apparently the only way this is ever going to happen is if I spend a month just capping the bimp over and over until I can get passive radar like everyone else.
I play on the PS4 and the way I unlocked it was by playing on Lang(sp?) Dam map and I think Parcel storm. Just get into the Attack jet (frogfoot) and bomb the shit out of the attack boat / atvs / small boats. Screw air superiority, I was having the same issue.

Fucking UVAC instant reload. I love this game, but fix that shit pleeeeeeease.
Well, I just unlocked it yesterday (figures) and they nerfed the hell out of it. 20 kills is going to be annoying to get now. 15 second flight time with a 90sec reload which I believe requires you to sit by an ammo crate the whole time. By the time I get the thing in the air and figure out where I'm at I have 7 sec to make a decision and to get to my target. Sucks balls now. Note: I did not use it pre-nerf so I don't know how overpowered it was. Never was killed by one either.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
There was a patch note about making hit markers more responsive, but who the fuck knows what platform gets what patch and when.

Their purpose is to tell you when the server registers your hit. So if you are shooting at some lagged fuck playing from Brazil, you get an idea of how much you are being lag-comp fucked.

If you really want to notice the inconsistencies, use a shotgun. I'm tempted to test out shadowplay just to see all the times there is NO FUCKING WAY my shot missed. Scoped, 20 feet away, barely moving.. NOTHING. In fact the closer they are the more often this seems to happen. Was the hit so fast that it got dropped by the server because of the near-zero travel time? Who the fuck knows. Maybe I just missed, 80% railgun accuracy was a lifetime ago.

Also, about shotguns: The full choke says it greatly impacts hip and movement accuracy. However in the test range I can't tell one bit of difference with the 870. I can run and fire from the hip and the shot seems to be dead center accurate. ADS seems to do nothing. As far as I can tell, that stuff only applies to semiautos. Maybe I was just standing too close to notice.