Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well I got ultra lucky and unlocked the L85A2 with little trouble. An enemy basically spawned in my face, but ran off while I was charging paddles so I'm running down the street slllllowy after this guy who helpfully stopped to shoot.

I then loaded up test range and tried to get used to the awkward as fuck jet controls to get the UCAV and fuuuck that. I jumped into air superiority and went 0-12 in the round and was actually high up in score because I managed to damage everyone but kill nothing. Apparently the only way this is ever going to happen is if I spend a month just capping the bimp over and over until I can get passive radar like everyone else.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
UCAV doesn't require Air Superiority sir, have to do a bombing run at D on a conquest mode map.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
That's the SUAV, the one that doesn't blow up. There's two.

And about the only way I'm going to get 5 kills in a round with a jet is if someone happens to be standing where I crash. Just blow up instantly to active radar over and over and over and over. Heatseekers are about as worthless as throwing rocks.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The sniper drone and the support drone are both broken atm. Not shocked really, iirc in bf3 the one drone was broken for months.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well after going about 5-100 my interest in Air Superiority ran out. I dropped 150 points in skill. Just dying over and over and over and over and over to active missile. fun.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
The MAV is no slouch either considering it can cap points.

I'm terrible at jets too so 4 of us found an empty Air Superiority server and just farmed each other.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol joined a server today that I guess has a rank cap of 55. Had no clue until they booted me for being over it. Funny part is the clan who's server it was, had a full squad of 85+ playing.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I thought I'd start working on shotguns, so I loaded up domination, quickly got past the first gun which appears to fire a gentle puff of air, then got 136 kills with the 870 in an hour. So much fun, so much rage.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So I gave Rush a second try and actually had a really great day playing it.

Guide to enjoying Rush:

1) 32 players max
2) If one side is obviously dominant, switch to that side. Don't fucking bother with a shit team, unless you want to join them in leveling up sniper rifles or working on your mortar/UCAV skills.
3) never bother jumping into a vehicle as a passenger. They aren't going to the objective.
4) Have a SSD (sadly I don't have SATA3)

I armed 7 MCOMS in one round on Golmund highway by grabbing the dune buggy that spawns as you win each phase and driving it around the side and up to the MCOM. I'd drive it back out of LOS first until the next set opened up so I didn't get owned by the row of useless snipers.

Making mad dashes to flank the MCOM usually left me behind a line of idiots with sniper rifles all facing the wrong way that I could wipe out with glee. I died a lot but I had a tremendous SPM.

Also, taking out the final MCOM on Zavod (the impossible to assault camper fest tower) would have gotten me on some bf4 video of the week show had I recorded it. I sprinted up the right side to flank as much as I could (you are still pretty exposed), blew up the trailer overlooking the steps with M320 (2 kills) ran up the steps, killed the guy camping the top of the steps with a mini, ran up the steps turned around and some fucking how killed the two faggots camping the blind spot behind the steps as another guy came out the door behind me who I had to kill with the pistol. Threw down a health pack, tossed my last two minis into the MCOM room and killed another guy, ran in the room armed MCOM and my squad spawned on me. I peeked out the door and killed the two guys standing on the upper balcony sniping. Round over, ta-daa. It sounds like bullshit just reading it but it happened. Oh, assault w/silenced L85A2 at the time. (shoots great but bullshit reload)

So I'll probably have nothing but shit Rush games from now on but the above is something that really can't happen in any other mode.

spronk

FPS noob
If you wanna get crazy about optimizing load times you can look at RAM drives. I bought a program called dimmdrive recently, it basically lets you create RAM drives out of memory. I haven't had much time to use it yet, but I have 32GB of memory so can easily do 10-16GB ram drives when needed. Some people have reported map load times going down from 60 secs down to 5 just ram driving the data/win32 folder, which is less than 3 gigs on my PC.
BF4 and DIMMDrive : DimmDrive

on the other hand this guy is reporting basically no differences between SSD and RAM drive so probably very dependent on your own CPU/GPU/SSD mix (definitely a huge boost without SSD, but if you don't have an ssd... your life sucks)
Actual speedboost over SSD? : DimmDrive

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
So I gave Rush a second try and actually had a really great day playing it.

Guide to enjoying Rush:

1) 32 players max
2) If one side is obviously dominant, switch to that side. Don't fucking bother with a shit team, unless you want to join them in leveling up sniper rifles or working on your mortar/UCAV skills.
3) never bother jumping into a vehicle as a passenger. They aren't going to the objective.
4) Have a SSD (sadly I don't have SATA3)

I armed 7 MCOMS in one round on Golmund highway by grabbing the dune buggy that spawns as you win each phase and driving it around the side and up to the MCOM. I'd drive it back out of LOS first until the next set opened up so I didn't get owned by the row of useless snipers.

Making mad dashes to flank the MCOM usually left me behind a line of idiots with sniper rifles all facing the wrong way that I could wipe out with glee. I died a lot but I had a tremendous SPM.

Also, taking out the final MCOM on Zavod (the impossible to assault camper fest tower) would have gotten me on some bf4 video of the week show had I recorded it. I sprinted up the right side to flank as much as I could (you are still pretty exposed), blew up the trailer overlooking the steps with M320 (2 kills) ran up the steps, killed the guy camping the top of the steps with a mini, ran up the steps turned around and some fucking how killed the two faggots camping the blind spot behind the steps as another guy came out the door behind me who I had to kill with the pistol. Threw down a health pack, tossed my last two minis into the MCOM room and killed another guy, ran in the room armed MCOM and my squad spawned on me. I peeked out the door and killed the two guys standing on the upper balcony sniping. Round over, ta-daa. It sounds like bullshit just reading it but it happened. Oh, assault w/silenced L85A2 at the time. (shoots great but bullshit reload)

So I'll probably have nothing but shit Rush games from now on but the above is something that really can't happen in any other mode.
have a ssd? why

friend dosent have one and i do, i dont seem to load much faster than him, my pc also blows his out of the water spec wise.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
A few of my squad even have SSD conversions in their ps4. It's very noticeable especially on chopper steals.

I'll probably roll a hybrid for cost / space and the little advantage should be enough.