Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's going to be especially rough leveling up sniper rifles, since marksman bonus etc doesn't count toward them. You pretty much only get the 100 pts per kill.... and that's it.
It's not so bad, just need to set up in the right situations. I've unlocked all of them and the SRR is so beast it's not even funny.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
yeah playing recon has been difficult to unlock the sniper weapons. I have been playing rifles pretty exclusively as I just really want to use the M98. One thing that really grinds my gears is the next two weapons you "unlock" after the first, have less overall stats than your starter rifle. Seems like every other class you actually WANT to unlock weapons. The first rifle though, no reason to really switch to any of the others until you hit the 98.

Being a sniper on these maps kinda suck. You either have to get REALLY good at 300+Meter shots ( which usually requires you to have access to a roof via heli ) or be incredibly fast at close range. I really think they are trying to funnel the recon class into using the DMR's. I really have yet to find a really good spot for each map using long range.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I much prefer the M40A5 over the starter weapon but each to their own.

I also wish I got $1 every time I died within 5 seconds of spawning.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I loved the M40A5 with iron sights in BF3, just haven't had time to play to unlock it in BF4.

Myst

Peasant
I am currently using an I5-2500k, 16 gigs, GTX 570, SSD etc and the game is running sloppy on MED settings with AA off. I don't know if it is latency or what not, but the game feels very choppy. Should I just go ahead and upgrade my video card?

sebur

Bronze Squire
Ya, I was looking at the snipers and I agree, there is no reason really to use the 2 weapons after the starter sniper and it kind of pissed me off. What is the point. Anyway, yes I find a spot here or there for the maps but the majority of the time I am finding amazing spots within the level that are mid-close range and just banking on my reactions. One thing I will say though is I have been close range sniping since way back in the original counter-strike so maybe I am just comfortable with it.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I can confirm at least that turning HT off on my i7-960 negates the "80 fps feels more like 20" shit.

EDIT: Or maybe not. Fuck if I can tell.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Uhm, all new games are the same price to download as hard copies. Otherwise they would put brick and mortar stores out of business.
I can't think of a game I've paid more than 49 dollars for in the past 2 years... But I only use Steam.

schnarkie_sl

shitlord
So this game doesn't have auto balance does it? I just played on a server three times with 800 ticket conquest and lost all three where the other side had +650 tickets at the end...

Good times

Fadaar

That guy

- Marksman Bonus.
- Headshot Bonus.
Yes I know the points are there, but they do not count toward leveling up *Sniper Rifles*. It goes toward Recon. Also my campaign now crashes at the same point every time in mission #6. Guess I won't be getting the M249 for a while.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Yes I know the points are there, but they do not count toward leveling up *Sniper Rifles*. It goes toward Recon. Also my campaign now crashes at the same point every time in mission #6. Guess I won't be getting the M249 for a while.
Leveling up pistols is far worse than sniper rifles. The funny thing is, I find myself shooting people in the back even when I could be knifing simply because knifing someone doesn't get your guns unlocked faster lol.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Leveling up pistols is far worse than sniper rifles. The funny thing is, I find myself shooting people in the back even when I could be knifing simply because knifing someone doesn't get your guns unlocked faster lol.
Haha, this amuses me cause I do the exact same damn thing. I just don't have a reason to knife, I have guns to level!

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Just stay out of 64 player servers and go on 48 players or less. I started doing this yesterday and don't have much problem with lag or rubberbanding anymore.

Rugjen_sl

shitlord
If you want the game to launch the x86 version through Origin and Battleblog, on your "My games" tab of Origin, right click BF4 and select "Game Properties". Change "When launching this game" to Battlefield x86.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Rush is more or less sucking hardcore due to fucking retards who play this game. Literally every single map some fucktard ends up giving the defenders a tank or a helo or some other important vehicle which completely ruins the round.

bayr_sl

shitlord
It's not as bad as Obliteration, easily half the server doesn't know what's going on at any point. I can't tell you how many times I've spawned in a vehicle only for the driver to be on the opposite end of the map doing fuck knows what. Or guys who pick up the bomb and ask "what do I do with the bomb" when there's giant fucking arrows pointing to where to go

It's just shocking how dumb most of the playerbase is.